TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I think about a possible scenario (MOO!), CH goes to another apartment for...whatever (assignation, score some Adderall to help him study, whatever) and dies in that apartment -- murdered, fentanyl poisoning, we have no idea. Whoever caused his death somehow gets his body into a vehicle, and disposes of it -- in the bay, futher out in the Gulf of Mexico, in a river, on land, in a swamp, in a field, far away from CC.
This explains how he could simply disappear in a very short period of time and has not been found.
True…. Do you think law enforcement have thought along these lines?

True…. Do you think law enforcement have thought along these lines?
I’m sure they did. We know they started as close as they could, inside his own apartment. They then moved out from there. His cell phone data seems to put him away from the complex when this occurred, and the assistant chief said that the belief is he initially left voluntarily.

We’re seeing all these law enforcement organizations with technical expertise for a reason, and it’s the same reason countless subpoenas and data preservation requests have been issued.

They appear to not only believe this didn’t occur close to home, but have evidence that’s not what happened.

I’m sure they did. We know they started as close as they could, inside his own apartment. They then moved out from there. His cell phone data seems to put him away from the complex when this occurred, and the assistant chief said that the belief is he initially left voluntarily.

We’re seeing all these law enforcement organizations with technical expertise for a reason, and it’s the same reason countless subpoenas and data preservation requests have been issued.

They appear to not only believe this didn’t occur close to home, but have evidence that’s not what happened.
You’re right. Thanks for reminding me of those details. So that intriguing theory unfortunately doesn’t pan out. I say unfortunately because I was thinking maybe a second look might bring a break.

How can they be sure though that his phone wasn’t taken away and thrown in the water by the killer?

Are these people likely to commit sex crimes? Or what motive are you thinking of?
I’m guessing that similar to most addicts their only motive would be meth or money to buy meth. Your brain can’t do anything else because the part that is addicted is just screaming at you to get more drugs.

But CH certainly didn’t look like he did meth. Most addicts wind up with the hallowed out faces and such right? Granted I have known of at least one heroin addict who didn’t appear to be one either. Thankfully they no longer are now.

@MassGuy
Do you think there’s any chance that they somehow missed someone in that complex? It’s not unheard of. For example, though somewhat different in the details, in the Skylar Neese case it took law enforcement months to realize that footage of her was her getting into her friend’s car — they initially believed the friend when she said it was someone else’s unknown vehicle.

If Caleb’s phone was taken from him and thrown away in the water by someone, it would go off.

On the other hand, do you think all of this is ruled out because they do in fact see a definite digital trail away from the complex? Just tryIng to get past this idea…..

@MassGuy
Do you think there’s any chance that they somehow missed someone in that complex? It’s not unheard of. For example, though somewhat different in the details, in the Skylar Neese case it took law enforcement months to realize that footage of her was her getting into her friend’s car — they initially believed the friend when she said it was someone else’s unknown vehicle.

If Caleb’s phone was taken from him and thrown away in the water by someone, it would go off.

On the other hand, do you think all of this is ruled out because they do in fact see a definite digital trail away from the complex? Just tryIng to get past this idea…..
Nothing we know excludes that possibility, but I believe this would have been solved very quickly had something like that happened.

It appears that very night, less than an hour before his phone turned off, he was looking for a hookup. I don’t believe that’s a coinsidence.

Nothing we know excludes that possibility, but I believe this would have been solved very quickly had something like that happened.

It appears that very night, less than an hour before his phone turned off, he was looking for a hookup. I don’t believe that’s a coinsidence.
Yeah, you’re right. The timing is extremely suggestive.
Thanks.:)

If not on the Reddit site, where?
The Reddit tells us what he may have been up to, but I don’t believe any connection was made through there that night. All that stuff would be available through a subpoena, and this appears much more complicated.

So I think some sort of dating app or one of those encrypted communication apps.

Keep in mind also the complication from the end of the semester. School is over, and, depending on the academic calendar, may have been over for weeks or close to a month. Students scattered for the summer...:confused:

I’m guessing that similar to most addicts their only motive would be meth or money to buy meth. Your brain can’t do anything else because the part that is addicted is just screaming at you to get more drugs.

But CH certainly didn’t look like he did meth. Most addicts wind up with the hallowed out faces and such right? Granted I have known of at least one heroin addict who didn’t appear to be one either. Thankfully they no longer are now.
I don't think CH was tweaking, but I think the perp(s) were or are. Some folks are gunna have to be really smart to figure this out, it's gunna be really hard. I believe this is ex-con work, they learn how to do stuff cleaner when they are serving time and they have smart phones in jail to teach each other.

My profile for the suspect:
2 people
1 lives in CC
Ex-con
No car
Friend in town for week/weekend that served time with or knew before being locked up, that person had a car
Meth smoker
Gay/Bi-sexual

Last edited:
A few thoughts. It is believed by most that a hookup or meeting occurred through an online ap. However, it is quite possible that the meeting that took place that night was not done online. Maybe it was done in person leaving no digital trail. Caleb had been in and out several times in the early morning hours. The first time we see him with the dogs and other friends on the ring bell camera. Then we know that after the roommate went to bed, he takes the dog out again. We see that on the Snapchat sent to his sister. Maybe there was someone living in that apartment complex that has been secretly trolling Caleb for some time. He sees him out there alone with the dog; approaches him, and they agree to meet up in say 20 minutes or at 3:00 AM. Caleb puts the dog up and then orders the food to be delivered by Uber eats then goes out to meet this person. It could have been a sexual encounter... Caleb saw no threat in this person. It could also explain why he left with no shoes, no wallet, no keys. Just a quick encounter. I have had a feeling for some time that the perp may well be someone in that apartment complex. Keep in mind also that the security cameras for the apartment complex were not working. The person who encountered Caleb may have been aware of that.
I personally lean towards the Reddit theory we're not allowed to discuss in detail. But the "chance encounter" scenario you describe, I think, is a good close second.

People still go "cruising" for sex outside without using apps or online forums, and the middle of the night would be ideal to look for a quick, discreet hookup. Danelle Hallan, in her coverage of this case, said this area has a lot of college students, so maybe someone stalked the area at night to see what student they could find. She also added (and, for the life of me, I can't find the timestamp) that this complex had a lot of empty apartments, which means fewer witnesses and suggests that an empty apartment could've been selected as a hookup spot.

If this was a "hookup gone wrong," I doubt the actual encounter happened at or near the complex though, as nothing has been found there. I think it's more likely the person lured Caleb into a car. The person could've given an excuse like, "It's too risky here. I saw cops nearby. But I know a better spot" etc.

I personally lean towards the Reddit theory we're not allowed to discuss in detail. But the "chance encounter" scenario you describe, I think, is a good close second.

People still go "cruising" for sex outside without using apps or online forums, and the middle of the night would be ideal to look for a quick, discreet hookup. Danelle Hallan, in her coverage of this case, said this area has a lot of college students, so maybe someone stalked the area at night to see what student they could find. She also added (and, for the life of me, I can't find the timestamp) that this complex had a lot of empty apartments, which means fewer witnesses and suggests that an empty apartment could've been selected as a hookup spot.

If this was a "hookup gone wrong," I doubt the actual encounter happened at or near the complex though, as nothing has been found there. I think it's more likely the person lured Caleb into a car. The person could've given an excuse like, "It's too risky here. I saw cops nearby. But I know a better spot" etc.
I agree like many that this was a 'hook-up' that the perp intentionally planned to harm someone as opposed to it going sideways after the fact. I'm on the fence, however, if this was a random encounter; ie. the perp had planned to do this and CH just happened to be 'online' looking this particular night and became a victim versus the perp had maybe stalked or previously been rebuffed by CH and this time posed as someone else to finally meet. I will say that 'car play' is pretty popular and accepted especially with younger ages 18-25 who don't have their own place or privacy (roommates, parents, etc.)

I'm still clinging to my theory that no one else was involved and he fell into something. Maybe something inside the apartment complex. Was an older structure remodeled to become housing for students? Were rooms repartitioned to make apartments confirm to a new standard or to pass additional regulations/requirements? Were new spaces created (like shared laundry facilities or gym)? Did plumbing undergo changes? Are there potential access points to unused spaces that were SUPPOSED to be closed off, but perhaps were compromised by drug users or just young people looking for private spaces for whatever reasons? All it takes is one loose panel somewhere, with a death-trap exposed pipe on the other side.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member