OR - Evelyn Jeanette Weaver, 28, found deceased at a home in Bend, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

turyrenderrr

Reaction score
Homicide investigators seek SUV after woman found dead at Bend home

A woman was found dead at a home in Bend on Tuesday, and homicide investigators are asking for help finding her SUV.

According to Bend Police, 28-year-old Evelyn Jeanette Weaver was found dead late Tuesday morning at a home along Northwest Hill Street near 2nd Street.

Her death is now being investigated as a homicide, police officials said.

Investigators say they are looking for her silver 2004 Honda CR-V in connection to the case. It has Oregon license plate 085-BMP.

Police have been in contact with people who are connected to Weaver. An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow to conclude the cause of death.

Last edited:
One more article: ▶️ Woman killed in Bend homicide identified; no arrests as police seek SUV

Most of these say essentially the same thing, but each has a bit more/different information. This one asks for anyone to come forward that saw her between July 13 and July 18.

"Anyone with information that may help police in the investigation, or who interacted with Weaver anytime between July 13-18, is asked to call nonemergency dispatch line at 541-693-6911."

This is the most underreported news story in a small city. What is going on? A murder in Bend, especially a young woman in her home, is a huge deal. People in Bend don’t even seem to know about it, nevermind having an opportunity to check cameras and see if they may recognize her or the man who got out of her vehicle.

Her home location is very interesting. The 200 block of Hill Street dead ends at the off ramp for US 97. The dead end means vehicles need to drive through multiple streets of houses to get to a main road and the highway. However that dead end is really open and accessible for people on foot or bike. I’m just thinking out loud, but it would be extremely easy for someone to get to this block on foot and leave with her car, but that route should have lots of cameras from either homes with or the businesses on Colorado to the south.

Her block was both close to a lot of fun restaurants and downtown, but also very close to US 97 and a homeless encampment at the US 97 on ramp. Im not trying to cast attention on the homeless but I think it needs to be considered not just because of where her murder occurred but also because a very political closing of an 8 year homeless camp 2 miles away was occurring just before her body was found.

The politics in this purple city have made closing the homeless camps huge news. Does the political climate and the location of her murder help lead to the media silence here?

I’ve never posted here before, but I am so sad for this woman and her friends and family. I reached out to a couple news agencies also in the hope word will get out and try to find witnesses or anyone who saw anything.

Last edited:
I agree, @Momos! This crime seems quite underreported! I hope that means LE has more information than we know.

Here's the latest article I could find from 7/24 (and also updated 7/24): Bend Police ask travelers for information in homicide case

This articles shows they have narrowed down the timeline a bit as far as we've heard. Even though they didn't find her vehicle until the 20th, they seem to think it left her home Friday, which we know was one day after she was last seen (from prior article):

"A 28-year-old woman found dead on Tuesday, July 18 at a home in the 200 block of NW Hill Street in Bend has been identified as Evelyn Jeanette Weaver. Weaver’s death is now being investigated as a homicide and law enforcement is requesting information from anyone who may have seen her vehicle, a 2004 silver Honda CR-V with Oregon license plate 085BMP, or its occupant as they traveled between Bend and Klamath Falls between the hours of 3:30 p.m. on Friday, July 14 and 3:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 15. Anyone who may have encountered the vehicle or its occupant during that time period is asked to contact nonemergency dispatch at 541-693-6911 with any information."

This is the most underreported news story in a small city. What is going on? A murder in Bend, especially a young woman in her home, is a huge deal. People in Bend don’t even seem to know about it, nevermind having an opportunity to check cameras and see if they may recognize her or the man who got out of her vehicle.

Her home location is very interesting. The 200 block of Hill Street dead ends at the off ramp for US 97. The dead end means vehicles need to drive through multiple streets of houses to get to a main road and the highway. However that dead end is really open and accessible for people on foot or bike. I’m just thinking out loud, but it would be extremely easy for someone to get to this block on foot and leave with her car, but that route should have lots of cameras from either homes with or the businesses on Colorado to the south.

Her block was both close to a lot of fun restaurants and downtown, but also very close to US 97 and a homeless encampment at the US 97 on ramp. Im not trying to cast attention on the homeless but I think it needs to be considered not just because of where her murder occurred but also because a very political closing of an 8 year homeless camp 2 miles away was occurring just before her body was found.

The politics in this purple city have made closing the homeless camps huge news. Does the political climate and the location of her murder help lead to the media silence here?

I’ve never posted here before, but I am so sad for this woman and her friends and family. I reached out to a couple news agencies also in the hope word will get out and try to find witnesses or anyone who saw anything.
Thanks for the local information. It sounds possible that the closing of the homeless camp nearby may cause local officials avoid drawing too much attention to this murder. The location of her home nearby should certainly be something for LE to consider.

Very sad situation, she was a very bright woman with skills important to all of us.

Well, it looks like LE is reaching out with an other request for pepole to review their dashcams, specifically reaching out to Tesla drivers: Bend police ask Tesla drivers to review video footage for clues in homicide investigation

"As the investigation continues, police are asking Tesla drivers to review their video footage for possible clues in the homicide. Under certain circumstances, Tesla vehicles collect video footage both while moving and when stationary, Bend police said."

I'm glad LE are still working the case, at least it seems that way. I wish them luck in finding the clue to solve this woman's murder.

'Sep 13, 2023
NewsChannel 21's Blake Mayfield spoke with Deschutes County District Attorney Steve Gunnels, who said the investigation into the July killing of Evelyn Weaver at her northwest Bend home is still "very active."

"The Evelyn Weaver case is definitely not a cold case. It's being actively worked," Gunnels told us Wednesday.

Two days after Weaver's body was found in her Hill Street home, her stolen Honda CRV was found on a street in Klamath Falls, prompting a request for video from the public - even Tesla car video. But Bend Police have offered few new details since then.

I'm glad to see the case is still active. I am not one to blindly support LEOs but I do think they generally are trying to do their jobs well, like the rest of us. I google Evelyn's name regularly and am glad to find someone else is following her case closely.

Wow. Finally, an update, but not really since no new information is revealed. Justice for Evelyn.

A couple more articles on the anniversary of her death; no real new information.

'Not a cold case': Bend Police working to solve Evelyn Weaver homicide 1 year later

Similar statements are found in both articles from LE. this is from the second article I posted.

“This is not a cold case,” Miller re-iterated ahead of the one-year anniversary of Weaver’s death. “Our department currently has one detective assigned full time to Ms. Weaver’s homicide, as well as a detective supervisor overseeing the case’s progress. Our department will not stop working to bring justice to Ms. Weaver and her family.”

While Miller paints an optimistic picture of the investigation, little new information has been released since authorities located Weaver’s car. Miller also would not confirm or deny whether detectives have any new leads or provide any additional context to the investigation.

Indeed, very little information is available about Weaver and how she lived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back