Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So pleased that police carried out the search yesterday as Victoria is forecasted to have heavy rainfall and flash flooding later today.

A severe weather warning was issued on Thursday morning for damaging winds and heavy rainfall for Victorians in the Central, East Gippsland, South West, North Central, North East, West and South Gippsland and Wimmera districts. Heavy rainfall which may lead to flash flooding is forecasted for Thursday evening and Friday morning

How did the ping happen if the phone was in the dam at 5pm? Or would have been 5pm when the phone was tossed.
Back in February, Det Inspector Mark Hatt said in the Police Presser that they had access to mobile phone data, but would not elaborate on what that was ….

I believe today is the first time we have heard that the phoned pinged at 5pm …. On the day Sam went missing ….
I also wonder if the Police have further phone tracking data from that day in the lead up to 5pm …. I hope so …

After / about 1min 15 seconds …

What is that thing that one of the police kneeling down is holding in the second photo down.

I thought it looked like a spoon on first glance, but the more I looked it seemed to look like some sort of metal tool, like a wrench or a tyre lever.
I think it is a metal “set square” that police use to measure anything found .. length by width … often such items are placed next to evidence when photographed to enable future viewers to identify the size of items found at a later date …

IMO

It was confirmed to be Samantha’s phone by Chanel 7, so the daily mail states. Our two most credible news sources. ;)

It was confirmed to be Samantha’s phone by Chanel 7, so the daily mail states. Our two most credible news sources

The Daily Mail credible? Is this sarcasm?

Edit. Oh didn't see your wink face.

7 is credible enough they wouldn't state this in print otherwise.

The Daily Mail credible? Is this sarcasm?
Generally, yes, praise for the DM on here is sarcasm.

The DM has great pictures early on, and often has detail other sources don't, but their hit and miss record for truth means there's always the need for a pinch of salt when relying on them as a source.

Sometimes they're right, but others, not so much.

Photos in the link above posted by @brjakj show police looking at an object, there are several photos.
I looked with my big Miss Marple magnifying glass but can't make out what it is.

What is that thing that one of the police kneeling down is holding in the second photo down.

I thought it looked like a spoon on first glance, but the more I looked it seemed to look like some sort of metal tool, like a wrench or a tyre lever.
Yes!! Could be either of those things. Well-spotted TootsieFootsie, or even a short (child's?) golf putter.

IIRC, early on there was some mention of a family online golf business in which PS was involved.
I'm aware of a US pro golfer who bears the same name, but it wasn't him - definitely an Australian business.

I'm guessing the alleged killer plays golf. Perhaps this is the murder weapon, and maybe there's some incriminating DNA...

JMO

Last edited:
I think it is a metal “set square” that police use to measure anything found .. length by width … often such items are placed next to evidence when photographed to enable future viewers to identify the size of items found at a later date …
The object on the left is a set square.

I was referring to the object on the right held by the man kneeling. The object in a plastic bag.

Maybe a mag torch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member