Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
So if Police had been to the property before more than once - I wonder why this particular time was when they used the dogs and not the first time they went to the property?? IMO

There must have been more and more ties linking back to this property or area?? MOO

The Daily Mail credible? Is this sarcasm?

Edit. Oh didn't see your wink face.

7 is credible enough they wouldn't state this in print otherwise.
Channel 7 once pronounced the Queen had died long before she actually did die. Also they named the wrong person in little Cleo's abduction in WA. Hardly credible.

Yes!! Could be either of those things. Well-spotted TootsieFootsie, or even a short (child's?) golf putter.

IIRC, early on there was some mention of a family online golf business in which PS was involved.
I'm aware of a US pro golfer who bears the same name, but it wasn't him - definitely an Australian business.

I'm guessing the alleged killer plays golf. Perhaps this is the murder weapon, and maybe there's some incriminating DNA...

JMO
I believe the house that PS was house sitting had a sign out the front that indicated some form of golf business was run out of there. Probably not open to the public (maybe just for local pick ups?). A bit of google searching tells me it's "Ace of Clubs" but I can't find further information on an Australian company, or even an Australian branch of the US company I found, but they seem to just deal in leather golf accessories anyway.

As for the phone, it seems every expert has a different theory on how much information will be able to be extracted from it. The article posted above that mentions an iphone working after being in the water 6 months (in Canada) is very promising though. It's been mentioned several times that Samantha had an iphone. At 51, you tend not to be wanting the to trade in for the latest and greatest every time a slightly revised phone comes out like the younger generation seem to. However, is seems she always had her phone with her and that it played a large role in her life, and it seems the family is at least financially comfortable going by all the things we've seen. (Yes, looks can be deceiving, I get that.) I'm going to guess her iphone was a late model. No doubt she used it for work, to stay connected to the kids and Mick, to connect with family, friends, colleagues and community members related to the things she was interested in - theatre, running etc. As a runner, I'm sure she would have her location settings on, and quite possibly an app tracking her run. Hopefully all these things lead to answers for law enforcement and her family.

So if Police had been to the property before more than once - I wonder why this particular time was when they used the dogs and not the first time they went to the property?? IMO

There must have been more and more ties linking back to this property or area?? MOO
Yes it is intriguing …. And frustrating….. but that is the drill, in Aus anyway …
Unless there is an arrest, in relation to the property, we probably won’t know until the trial of PS ….

IMO

I think it makes sense to dispose of the phone separately for example the ping may of been him turning the phone back on then throwing it in the dam to move the search away from where the Body actually is, I wouldn’t be surprised if all items have been separated

I thought they already had a lot of data originating from her phone, showing that she entered the forest on foot and less than an hour later suffered a catastrophic event. I wonder what else they might hope to get from the phone itself, that wasn't automatically backed up. Just confirmation that this phone that ended up in a Durham Lead dam was actually Samantha's, perhaps.

I am saddened that this article is pay-walled because I would very much like to see the doggie wearing boots!
Not sure I'm allowed to do this, but here you go Flippitypip. I didn't even realise the dog was wearing boots until you said this and I went back to look. You don't want your goodest boy or girl getting thorns in their precious paws.

Attachments

• dog boots.jpg
    dog boots.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I think it makes sense to dispose of the phone separately for example the ping may of been him turning the phone back on then throwing it in the dam to move the search away from where the Body actually is, I wouldn’t be surprised if all items have been separated
Yes. Bodies are big and awkward to move and they decompose. Phones are small, potentially trackable, and hard to destroy. It makes sense that different sites are suitable for the disposal of each.

I wonder where the watch ended up ?
If I remember correctly the news was already reporting Sam missing in the afternoon due to the heat so gave him time to go back potentially and move the phone and watch to change the search to a different location or he may have been planning to do that all along I really hope they are a lot closer to returning Sam to her family I can’t imagine what they are feeling

I thought they already had a lot of data originating from her phone, showing that she entered the forest on foot and less than an hour later suffered a catastrophic event. I wonder what else they might hope to get from the phone itself, that wasn't automatically backed up. Just confirmation that this phone that ended up in a Durham Lead dam was actually Samantha's, perhaps.
I'd like to think that it may show a location, shortly after 8am, where her phone stopped for an amount of time before heading back to Scotsburn, or Mt Clear or somewhere else, before it ended up in the dam. Perhaps even more information if it wasn't thrown into the dam around 5pm on the day Samantha disappeared.

I am by no means an athlete, but I use an app for tracking my walks, and I'm sure that Samantha would have used something similar. I do not keep mobile data on on my phone, but I have the location settings on my phone turned on, and this app tracks where I've been. I once forgot to turn it off after a walk and it showed me zig zagging all over, having apparently walked for a hundred kilometres or more before I realised it was still tracking me. This app then told me it was my best walk so far! If the alleged murderer turned off her mobile data so things weren't immediately uploaded to the cloud, then it can potentially show lots of places this phone went afterwards.

5.48 min Audio

I love that name Sly of The Underworld :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en