Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When police state they have found "SOME items of interest", surely they don't mean the phone, the case and the cards inside? Would they be seen as "some" or collectively be "one" item? I really hope they found more than that, perhaps a weapon of some kind, her watch, earbuds, piece of clothing etc

What do my fellow websleuths think?
No. I think that's the "some", the phone, the wallet and its other contents.

No. I think that's the "some", the phone, the wallet and its other contents.
I tend to agree with you here ….
Some" could be the phone, wallet, contents but my first thought was they found other items of interest as well.
I have to admit that I think if other significant items were found yesterday, it would have been leaked by a news outlet by now ….

Like, for example, how they told us about the Bankcards etc

Edit to add .. I think the Police had some specific intel that related specifically to the location of the phone …. They found it earlier than expected, and then shut up shop ….
They may have even been able to somehow triangulate the location of the phone by now ???

IMO

We need to get Troops to sprinkle you with some of her incurable optimism…. We want more items than just the contents of the phone case!! Hehe
I have always been a glass half full person.
A friend used to call me Pollyanna because I was always trying to find something good in even not so good situations.

I have a few questions which I don’t think have been answered yet… and maybe won’t be for sometime… (apologies if these questions have been raised already).

Do we know whether the owners of this property / dam contacted the police after finding an item of interest, or was the item discovered during a police search?

If during a police search, what led police to this specific location? It is indeed very specific.

I wonder if PS has started talking to someone in remand… or if someone else disposed of the phone.

If he threw the phone out of the car while driving, I feel that the accused acted more recklessly, as opposed to this being a pre-meditated murder.

If he entered the property with the intention of throwing the phone into the dam, I get the sense that the accused has perhaps thought this through a little more…

Just some of my rambling thoughts, all IMO

"Police found a phone in the mud.

Now they hope for a breakthrough in the Samantha Murphy search.

1717056239193.png

They hope the instrument is not so badly corroded it retains the data that might reveal the path of its last journey;
the hours or days between whatever befell Murphy and her phone’s trip to the dam.

Even a badly damaged mobile phone almost always retains a memory, according to forensic experts, often securely lodged in the cybersphere’s cloud.

As to how police came to search the dam
– one of many in the rolling farmland south of the village of Buninyong –
there was no information forthcoming.

The occupants of a nearby farmhouse expressed no wish to speak to reporters or be filmed.

Whoever wished to be rid of the phone
needed only to pull up on the side of the road and toss it over the roadside fence."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member