UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s listed for sentence today at 10am.
Why they have 2 days on this I’m puzzled.
The variation in the length of sentencing hearings in the UK does baffle me. The "sunshine and lollipops" money laundering conspiracy sentencing hearing took days. The "beastie house" satanic paedo ring in Glasgow sentencing phase still hasn't finished despite them being convicted months ago.

Yet for the longest and most complicated trial in E&W that I can remember, (I'm sure you know who I'm talking about!) the sentencing hearing lasted a few hours, mere days after conviction.

"Mr Davies said Beal
'planned to execute' Mr Billingham
then 'delivered a false narrative'
so she could
'conceal her crime'.

All this was done while she continued

'to deliver high-quality teaching
to Year 6 pupils
as if nothing had happened',

Mr Davies said."

:oops:

Last edited:
Only she truly knows if that is true or not.

My suspicion is that it is very much not, since she wrote the events down in detail in her diary afterwards.

But...

What normal person does that???
The diary was found at place to which she asked family to send Police to check on her.

Quote from link:

"The following month,
she rented a cabin in Cumbria
and sent messages to family members which gave them cause for concern over her wellbeing,
prompting them to call the police to check on her.

In the cabin,
police found Beal's journals containing a confession to the killing."

C'mon!!!
Who does that?

What exactly do psychiatric reports say about her?

Nothing was read during 2nd trial IIRC.

Well, that was just my impression of her from the very beginning.

But I'm just a poster,
not a psychiatrist.

I'm curious how her "traumatic amnesia" will be dealt with.

JMO

Last edited:
Fiona Beal was today (Thursday, May 30) starting a life sentence for murdering her boyfriend, Nick Billingham.

Beal appeared for sentencing at a two-day hearing at the Old Bailey in London

Sentencing her to serve a minimum term of 20 years, The Recorder of London, His Honour Judge Mark Lucraft KC, described Beal’s lack of remorse as well as the “significant degree of planning and pre-meditation” she showed in murdering Nick.

more at the link.................

I am often disappointed with the minimum terms for murders of women whether by their partners or by strangers, I want to therefore say in this case of a murder of a man that that is a very short minimum term in the modern era for what was accepted at court to be an entirely premeditated murder that the defendant went to significant lengths to cover up, and only pleaded guilty to late in the day.

I will read the sentencing remarks but I expect an unduly lenient application to go in and that sentence to be made longer. There is nothing in the evidence that would explain any of the defendant’s actions, plenty of people have outside relationships and make that sort of human mistake, hardly a good reason to take someone’s life — if there ever is, but it doesn’t even explain the mindset at all.

Can it be the case that planning & killing someone close to you is less worthy of punishment than killing someone you don’t know? That seems to be what a lot of these cases (including men who kill their female partners) are saying.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venusflytrap100
Back