4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are today's hearing still on schedule? 10 am PST - Motion to Compel Open
3 pm PST - IGG Motion to Compel Closed

Thanks
Not up on sites like Court TV/Law&Crime live streaming services yet, but a bunch of other youtube channels (mostly analysis/opinion as you go) have screens up showing live in five hours for 10am open hearing PST. Obviously still too early for streaming from JJJ's youtube channel.

Her description of a bushy-eybrowed man of 5'10" all dressed in black with the lower part of his face covered by a mask probably does not exclude half the men in the United States much less the world.
Agreed, thankfully, not all men in the world fitting that description was in Moscow Idaho at 4 am, or so. IMO.

Her description of a bushy-eybrowed man of 5'10" all dressed in black with the lower part of his face covered by a mask probably does not exclude half the men in the United States much less the world.
"5'10 or taller, male, not very muscular, but athletically built with bushy eyebrows."

5'10" a lower end estimate.

Spot on.

The following article describes the statistical match.

Contained in a June 16th filing by the Prosecution.

BK - Dude, it's over with the DNA evidence alone, jurors thrive on statistical DNA numbers like this. Not counting all the other evidence. IMO

I would like to know what BK is truthfully thinking at this point. Is he following along with his attorneys directions and just waiting for a trial date, reconciled that he will most likely be found guilty, or is he enjoying the attention, having input, and looking forward to dragging this process out as long as possible and gambling on a long shot?

I also wonder what his actions in jail are like: defiant, passive, cooperative? Does he talk with guards, other prisoners, or is he a loner? It looks like he's taking advantage of rec time, I wonder about his sleep habits. Does he communicate with family?

Sorry for the hundred questions, I don't think any of us knows the real BK, maybe not even BK himself.

JMO

May 30, 2024 @10:00 am PT. Reset motions to compel and is open to the public
https://www.youtube.com/@judgejohnjudge

And there's this article:

Published May 29, 2024 at 8:42 AM EDT

Prosecutors have argued that they shouldn't have to turn over the IGG evidence because it was not used to obtain any warrants and will not be presented at trial.

But Kohberger's public defender Anne Taylor has said that the defense needs to see all the DNA evidence in the case to understand how and when police began to focus on Kohberger as a suspect, and to better prepare their defense.

A closed-door court hearing has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Thursday to hear arguments on a motion to allow defense investigators to review the IGG materials, and unseal parts of the materials.

What's taking so long? The many pretrial hearings in Idaho quadruple murder case against Bryan Kohberger. - East Idaho News

Published at 9:49 am, May 30, 2024

Here’s a timeline of some of the notable pretrial hearings and decisions so far:

June 9, 2023: A coalition of media organizations and the family of a murder victim came to court to challenge the gag order placed on the parties in the case.

June 23, 2023: The judge denied both requests but issued a revised gag order that allows the parties to discuss topics that do not have a “substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing or otherwise influencing the outcome of the case.”

August 2, 2023: Kohberger’s attorneys said they would use an alibi defense but couldn’t pin down their client’s specific location on the night of the killings because he was “driving during the late night and early morning hours.”

“Mr. Kohberger is not claiming to be at a specific location at a specific time; at this time there is not a specific witness to say precisely where Mr. Kohberger was at each moment of the hours” of the attacks, his attorneys said in a court filing.

October 26, 2023: The judge denied a request to dismiss the grand jury indictment after the defense argued there was an error in the grand jury instructions.

December 18, 2023: The judge denied a second motion to dismiss the indictment after the defense argued prosecutors failed to comply fully with state rules on jury selection and the jury questionnaire.

February 28, 2024: Defense attorney Anne C. Taylor asked the court to allow three defense experts and others to view the investigative genetic genealogy evidence, which has been sealed, to understand the full timeline of how police began to focus on Kohberger.

And yet the DNA on the snap matched BKs check swab somewhere in the 50+ Octillion range. IMO, but also fact.
Saw that there was a linked post about this just up thread before you posted and the octillions statistical match has been posted so many times from court docs all over the threads as well. Just to say you may have misread (or likely mis typed) the match as in 50 plus octillion range when it is actually in the 5 plus octillion range, typos happen so no biggie and 5 plus octillion range is a statistical match of huge proportions regardless. moo

Agreed, thankfully, not all men in the world fitting that description was in Moscow Idaho at 4 am, or so. IMO.
Yes exactly. Context matters and DM's description doesn't exclude Kohberger. It's not an eyewitnesses account of a known person nor does it pretend to be, just a straight out description of the masked stranger she observed which had its overall place in the context of the PCA submitted to judge for BK's arrest.Moo

Well done DM for remembering what she did imo.

And yet the DNA on the snap matched BKs check swab somewhere in the 50+ Octillion range. IMO, but also fact.
...... the match as in 50 plus octillion range when it is actually in the 5 plus octillion range, typos happen so no biggie and 5 plus octillion range is a statistical match of huge proportions regardless. moo
Gigantic number!

There have only been 110 billion people in our entire existence on planet Earth.

So I guess that means that the killer must be galactic!

If 5 Octillion was the baseline standard there's a chance that OJ didn't do it! JK.

MOO

I don't see a link to the actual filing?
The filing is the PCA and imo is common knowledge for anyone following the case. jmo. Also reported in msm many times imo I believe. The poster simply made a typo imo seems easier to point that out imo if that is why you asked for a link?

I believe the five plus octillion stat match is also mentioned in several court documents jmo but you could try protection order motion but jmo.

Taking over monitoring the Bryan Kohberger hearing this morning.Not a ton going on, but Anne Taylor is asking Det. Brett Payne about the chain of evidence for video surveillance— Most was handled by the FBI, and he wasn’t the evidence custodian, so he’s telling her to look there

Payne said LE collected thousands of surveillance videos. Could take hours to go thru. I’m curious why he’s on the stand when he isn’t the FBI. Moving onto affidavits. Again, not a ton going on

I guess something I never knew: The search for the Elantra was the years of 2011-2013 make/model, it was expanded up to the year of 2016 because an FBI agent further reviewed video footage and determined it could be a newer model.

@dugganreports

@BrianEntin

Bryan Kohberger pre-trial hearing starting now.Defense just called Brett Payne as a witness - he is the Detective Corporal with the Moscow, Idaho Police Department. He is the case agent for the Kohberger case. He is in charge of the investigation.

Moscow, Idaho Police Det. Brett Payne says thousands of hours of surveillance video was collected as part of the Bryan Kohberger investigation.Defense is asking him how to find certain videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay