4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MelissaKXLY4

A hearing is underway in the case of suspected U of Idaho killer Bryan Kohberger. We're streaming live - a Moscow Police detective is on the stand right now, called by the defense.

Kohberger's attorney questioning a Moscow Police detective, indicating that not all of the surveillance videos collected in the case have been turned over to the defense.

I'm sorry, AT is acting like she has no idea how LE reviews CCTV, analyzes cellphone data and synthesizes them into a report and map.

She knows exactly how it's done.

LE collected 1000s of hours of CCTV, much of likely of zero evidentiary value. Just LE the last hearing where she asked about images and files relative to WINDY.com. LE found nothing of evidentiary value.

AT is playing games. Going after the State for withholding irrelevant data!!!

She knows what she is and isn't entitled to.

Ha!

JMO

@dugganreports

Taylor questioned the detective pretty hard about why he wrote a search warrant for cell data if he doesn’t know a ton about it. He said he relies on people who have more expertise in that area.Similarly, a data expert might not be the person you’d turn to to write a warrant

1:39 PM · May 30, 2024

@BrianEntin

Defense questioning of Moscow, Idaho Police detective Payne is focused on surveillance video. He says they have thousands of hours of video in Kohberger investigation from 79 businesses and residences. Defense seems to be questioning whether they have been given all the video.

1:47 PM · May 30, 2024

@dugganreports

Taylor said she saw the evidence inventory and there’s multiple flash drives with labels on them. Implied she has to dig through hours of those to find the surveillance videos (of roads leaving Moscow) she’s looking for.Payne said that would be the way to do it.

1:49 PM · May 30, 2024

The recordkeeping practices are alarming. There’s no grand digital inventory of the surveillance footage that was submitted. No hard drive of all pertinent video footage received. It’s kept loose on random thumb drives taped to pieces of paper. No wonder some is “missing”.

"5'10 or taller, male, not very muscular, but athletically built with bushy eyebrows."

5'10" a lower end estimate.

Spot on.
Not spot on. Not even close, IMO. Far too generic and includes no real identifying information that could be used by anyone to identify the subject out of thousands of similarly built men with bushy eyebrows. Legally the detective should not have identified the intruder himself. <modsnip - not victim friendly> IMO, this "identification" is weak, problematic in its lack of detail and the fact DM apparently never pointed BK out in a lineup of any kind and Brett Payne actually made the identification, not the eyewitness, makes it unusable in court, IMO, and should the prosecutor use this in court, it will not play well before a jury.
That's not a lab report. Considering all the wrong things in documents in this case, I don't think we can trust this without seeing the actual facts from the lab reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help me. Why would AT expect the State to turn over CCTV from a particular business between 5 am and 6 am? LE collected it but collected evidence for where the Elantra was during that time frame. Not THERE.

DAYUM. She's artful. Purposefully asking all the wrong questions, carefully and with forceful and slooooooooow enunciation like every thing is an aha moment. Purposefully asking the wrong individuals.

BK was arrested and indicted. The State is REQUIRED to turn over all discovery based on the rules of discovery. The State is NOT required to turn over all the data there is, all the places the Elantra was NOT!

It's HER job to prepare an alibi defense, not the State's!

I can hear her now, at trial, again asking the wrong questions of the wrong people: do you have CCTV that shows the Elantra at such-and-such intersection (where we know it wasn't because it's been identified at a different intersection elsewhere)? You don't? Why? Wouldn't it be IMPORTANT to gather ALL the CCTV....? Blah blah blah.

She's off to the races in negative space.

JMO

Sy Ray is now on the stand, called by the defense. He's a cell phone tower expert witness. A previous court filing indicates he will testify that Kohberger was not where investigators say he was the morning of the crime and could not have been caught on a cannabis shop's cameras

@BrianEntin

Defense questioning of Moscow, Idaho Police detective Payne is focused on surveillance video. He says they have thousands of hours of video in Kohberger investigation from 79 businesses and residences. Defense seems to be questioning whether they have been given all the video.

1:47 PM · May 30, 2024
Can an attorney help an idiot like me here? Thanks in advance if so.

The case has not gone to trial or been scheduled yet, correct?

So if so - isn’t it the case that only sufficient evidence need be used, given, or sworn by Affidavit to charge the defendant and bring the case to trial? And that not all evidence be disclosed to defense until another point in the proceedings?

This may have already been asked and answered……. but I won’t be able to find the thread or link.

And I wish the defendant was having to pay for this from his funds…… and not on the public ‘dime’ as it were IIUC. Might make it more expedient and efficient. MOO

After yet another pre-trial hearing in Bryan Kohberger’s quadruple murder trial in early May, the family of one of the victims openly criticized the slow pace of the proceedings.
https://t.co/ICYuz0wcfW
Full article at link...

“This case is turning into a hamster wheel of motions, hearings, and delayed decisions,” the “incredibly frustrated” family of slain University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves said in a statement.

Can an attorney help an idiot like me here? Thanks in advance if so.

The case has not gone to trial or been scheduled yet, correct?

So if so - isn’t it the case that only sufficient evidence need be used, given, or sworn by Affidavit to charge the defendant and bring the case to trial? And that not all evidence be disclosed to defense until another point in the proceedings?

This may have already been asked and answered……. but I won’t be able to find the thread or link.

And I wish the defendant was having to pay for this from his funds…… and not on the public ‘dime’ as it were IIUC. Might make it more expedient and efficient. MOO
No trial date set. Great questions. Hope that a verified attorney can weigh in. Taxpayers foot the bill, to my understanding. moo

@dugganreports

OK so there’s a report from AT&T that Taylor is having this expert witness explain the company could’ve turned over far before they actually turned it over. So it was available to LE in May of 2023 and he is saying it was accessible before that

once again, not a ton going on and it’s super inside baseball here. the only person that would understand this intricate explanation of cell data and geo location would be… people much smarter than like, everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper