GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Avaaz, the global activism organisation that led an unsuccessful petition at the Court of Session for a judicial review to force an Unexplained Wealth Order (UWO) against Trump in 2021, said the guilty verdicts further vindicated of its position.

Nick Flynn, Avaaz’s legal director, said: “We have always argued that the low threshold for seeking a UWO over Turnberry has been easily cleared. Trump's criminal conviction for fraud, together with the New York Attorney General's reliance on evidence of fraud at his Scottish golf courses in her massive civil fraud claim, vindicate the position we took in our judicial review of the Scottish Government.

“We established then that the Lord Advocate is responsible for using the power to seek a UWO to protect Scotland's reputation for financial probity, forcing Trump to clarify where he got the $60 million [£47m] in cash he used to buy Turnberry. Her failure to act is, frankly, inexplicable now. What more evidence does she need?”

Patrick Harvie, co-leader of the Scottish Greens, echoed calls for a UWO to be carried out in the wake of Trump’s conviction. “It raises even more serious questions about the trustworthiness of the former president, and I hope it will result in further investigations and questions raised about his business here in Scotland,” he said. “I would urge Scottish ministers and law officers to look again at the request for a UWO. If Donald Trump truly is the 'very innocent man' that he preposterously claims, then he surely has no reason to fear questions about his immense wealth and where it has come from.”

34 criminal counts of falsifying business records. It's right in the title.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
What exactly was he convicted of?
34 counts of falsifying criminal records is oversimplifying it because that’s a misdemeanor. imo

There has to be another underlying crime to make it a felony. The prosecution threw out three theories. We don’t know which theory the jurors picked, maybe one or all of them or different combinations between each juror. We may never know. IMO

1h ago

Biden says it's 'dangerous' to say that trial was rigged 'just because they don’t like the verdict'​

Biden warned it was “reckless”, “dangerous” and “irresponsible” to say that the trial was rigged “just because they don’t like the verdict”.

The US justice system has endured for nearly 250 years and is “literally the cornerstone of America” and should be respected, Biden said.

We should never allow anyone to tear it down.

Personally, I find that the more offensive crime is the fact that T was paying for sex while his wife was at home with a new baby. They had been married for only a year. Not ever does he confess any remorse, nor does he ask for forgiveness. It's like her hurt doesn't matter at all.

I remember when the felon's party supposedly espoused "family values".

Ironic, eh?

Imo.

Apparently Trump loves America but he loves dividing its people and inciting violence. You can’t love America and do that to its people. You can do that if you love $$$$ more than your country and people.

34 counts of falsifying criminal records is oversimplifying it because that’s a misdemeanor. imo

There has to be another underlying crime to make it a felony. The prosecution threw out three theories. We don’t know which theory the jurors picked, maybe one or all of them or different combinations between each juror. We may never know. IMO
I agree.

• Violating federal campaign finance laws through a hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels;
  • Falsifying yet another business record under New York law, such as bank records tied to former Trump fixer Michael Cohen's payment to Stormy Daniels' lawyer; and
  • Violating New York tax laws.

And this is one of the issues that will be brought up on appeal. The judge instructed the jury that they didn't have to be unanimous when deciding which of these three crimes where violated.

That's a violation of the Sixth Amendment and Fourteenth Amendments.

But for state criminal trials, it was not until 2020 that the Court held for the first time, in Ramos v. Louisiana, that the Sixth Amendment unanimity requirement applies by incorporation via the Fourteenth Amendment.

"On online forums that have previously been linked to mass shootings, people are threatening violence and attempting to publicly identify the 12 New York jurors who on Thursday decided to convict former President Donald Trump.

The calls for retribution began immediately after the verdict was announced."

Lock them all up!

Running for President by Jeff Koterba, patreon.com/jeffreykoterba

Running for President by Jeff Koterba, patreon.com/jeffreykoterba
JEFF KOTERBA, PATREON.COM/JEFFREYKOTERBA

Timeline: Key dates in Trump's legal and electoral campaign​

Donald Trump is heading towards an election rematch with Joe Biden in November, and this time he will do so as a convicted felon.
He still faces three more criminal cases that have not been tried yet, but lots of those key dates are yet to be confirmed.
Here's a timeline of key dates to keep on the calendar for the next few weeks.

1717181087678.jpeg

I like this quote
He also insisted that he wanted to testify at his trial but said he did not because he would have been charged with perjury.

Sounds like he was going to lie on the witness stand??
Part of me wishes he had testified, I don't think he would have been able to keep his cool under questioning and it would have probably achieved nothing for anyone other than loss of time, but maybe just maybe true colors would shine through. But the other part of me sees it would have just been more attention seeking and probably made no difference. ( and by difference I mean in the aftermath).

Timeline: Key dates in Trump's legal and electoral campaign​

Donald Trump is heading towards an election rematch with Joe Biden in November, and this time he will do so as a convicted felon.
He still faces three more criminal cases that have not been tried yet, but lots of those key dates are yet to be confirmed.
Here's a timeline of key dates to keep on the calendar for the next few weeks.

View attachment 507126

I wonder if the June 27 debate will actually take place under the circumstances.

If anyone is interesting in reading the transcripts of the trial and seeing the evidence, it’s all here. This was linked in a Washington Post article.

ETA: And here is the testimony posted on the WaPo site.

Or go here, which has PDFs of the transcripts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back