GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. That's why I'm not cutting them any slack now. They are adults. Why can't they go to their grandmother's funeral?
I'm certainly not cutting them any slack for supporting Chad and lying on the witness stand. But can you imagine how utterly embarrassed and humiliated they must be? I'm sure there are whispers anytime they show their faces in public.

I'm certainly not cutting them any slack for supporting Chad and lying on the witness stand. But can you imagine how utterly embarrassed and humiliated they must be? I'm sure there are whispers anytime they show their faces in public.
Yes, I can't imagine the judgmental stares. It must be terrible!
But I also heard that Tammy's family has also faced the same pressures.
We, as a crime community, have a responsibility to be respectful.

ETA: I previously said that Chad and Tammy's kids should step up. I based this on what I had gone through. But I will add that I never had to face any public scrutiny. Let's give them some space. But I still want them to stand up for their mother!!

Last edited:
Thank you for posting (or reposting) the link. What I say below has nothing to do with you...

One pet peeve I have that is repeated in that story is that Chad is referred to as their step father. He was never their step father because the children were killed before Chad and Lori were married. Aside from that, Chad does not deserve to be called their step father! I find it an insult to their memory to call him their step father. <Rant over!>
Court TV streamed that Chad was guilty of murdering his girlfriend’s children.

IMO, I believe there are a couple who want DP but will eventually go with LWOP. Just my thoughts.
Or the other way around. Hopefully they have reached a preliminary consensus but because of the gravity of the decision have agreed to sleep on it. I'm 4 hours before MDT so I hope to wake up to news of a decision on the sentence. I can live with any decision the jury makes.

This has nothing to do with this trial, or any trial. But a few posts ago, a couple of posters said something about their silly remarks, etc, (I can't remember exactly, and feeling too lazy to go back and look). But their comments struck a real chord with me. I have always been prone to cracking jokes, silly comments, one-liners, even sarcasm. I have tried to stop it, but can't (the genes of 2 of my uncles are just too strong)! My mother especially did not appreciate it in my youth.

However - since joining this forum I have found some like-minded folks, and it has been wonderful. I feel much better about myself now. At last I have found my people. YOU ARE MY PEOPLE, AND I THANK YOU!!XX

Judge was crying during Mike's testimony. They brought him tissues
But somehow, stone cold Chad didn't struggle at all. Hearing from people who loved him. If he wasn't guilty, wouldn't you be a sobbing mess, listening to her family's pain? The same pain you have? But no pain here. Only a heartless murderer.

But somehow, stone cold Chad didn't struggle at all. Hearing from people who loved him. If he wasn't guilty, wouldn't you be a sobbing mess, listening to her family's pain? The same pain you have? But no pain here. Only a heartless murderer.
Chad and Lori destroyed several families and caused widespread pain in so many forms. I made myself listen to the victim impact statements this evening and I admit I could not hold back tears. These were good people impacted by unimaginable deeds. In many ways this is so much worse than the drug/gang murders we have unfortunately become accustomed to.

Watching Chad's demeanor during the trial I don't get angry. I think he has realized how badly he screwed up and is just accepting his fate. I really would like to have heard an allocution but I understand why Prior might have advised against it. I hope Chad writes a book about what really happened after his appeals are exhausted but I doubt he will.

If he has a soul then perhaps he will write a book to give his many living victims closure. But I'm not holding my breath.

This has nothing to do with this trial, or any trial. But a few posts ago, a couple of posters said something about their silly remarks, etc, (I can't remember exactly, and feeling too lazy to go back and look). But their comments struck a real chord with me. I have always been prone to cracking jokes, silly comments, one-liners, even sarcasm. I have tried to stop it, but can't (the genes of 2 of my uncles are just too strong)! My mother especially did not appreciate it in my youth.

However - since joining this forum I have found some like-minded folks, and it has been wonderful. I feel much better about myself now. At last I have found my people. YOU ARE MY PEOPLE, AND I THANK YOU!!XX
Personally, I have never had a problem with levity and even dark humor. Keep it up. The last few days have been pretty hard related to this case. I mean, c'mon, when the JUDGE is moved to tears, can any of us be ashamed of crying about this case?

The Anne Boleyn manoeuvre.
Except I don't think she denied him access to anything at his earliest attempt.

I think Lori read his books, liked him as an author, then was star struck when she met him as a conference. I think she put the moves on. He being the loser he is could not help himself and went for it. The rest was just an evolving infatuation.

It does not excuse or explain anything. Just an observation of the likely path based on what we have learned over the last 4.5 years.

Any embarrassment or humiliation that they feel, is as a result of their own actions IMO

No reasonable person holds the relatives of a murderer responsible for what their loved one has done - and nor do they demand that those relatives stop loving the convicted one.

Look at Colby. He still loves his mother but at the same time he acknowledges her guilt, condemns her actions and brooks absolutely no defence or mitigations for her crimes.

He's not embarrassed or humiliated because he stands tall, fiercely defends his siblings and acknowledges that his mother is guilty, with dignity and love.

Chad's children could have behaved with equal grace. They chose (and continue to choose) not to. No slack from me either. JMO

Saturday, June 1st:
*Trial continues (Day 34)/Penalty Phase (Day 2) (@ 9am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. 5/2/24: Juror dismissed due to illness. Now: 12 jurors & 5 alternates. [No gender count].
Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County. State rested their case on 5/16/24. Defense began their case on 5/20/24 & ended on 5/23/24. State’s rebuttal case started 5/23 & ended 5/28/24. Closing arguments on 5/29/24.
Verdict Watch: Jury deliberations day 1 (5/29/24) ~2 hours. Day 2 (5//30/24): started @ 8am to 10am/11:10am to 1pm. ~1 hours 50 minutes. TOTAL Deliberations: ~5 hours & 50 minutes. VERDICT: Guilty on ALL charges.
Penalty Phase: Jury deliberations Day 1 (5/31/24) ~5 hours 45 minutes.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Days 1-32 (4/10-5/30/24) & Jury Deliberations Day 1-2 (5/29-30/24) reference post #648 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-7.713735/page-33

5/31/24 Friday, Trial Day 33/Penalty Phase: *Judge Boyce says the defense intends not to present mitigation or statement of allocution today. Judge Boyce read additional instructions to the jurors for later deliberations.
*Madison County prosecutor Rob Wood & defense attorney John Prior gave opening statements.
*Victim impact statements: Ron Douglas, Tammy’s father. Kay Woodcock, JJ’s grandmother. Matthew Douglas, Tammy’s brother. Annie Cushing, Tylee ‘s aunt. Kelsee Douglas, Tammy’s sister-in-law. Ben Douglas, Tammy’s younger brother. Colby Ryan, Lori Vallow’s son. Samantha Gwilliam, Tammy’s sister. Michael Douglas, Tammy's older brother.
*Judge Boyce read jury instructions.
*Fremont County Prosecutor Lindsey Blake & Defense attorney John Prior gave closing arguments.
*Jury started deliberations @ 2pm to 7:45pm.
For more info on direct see post #714 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-7.713735/page-36
Trial continues on Saturday, 6/1/24 with Penalty Phase continuing.

Or the other way around. Hopefully they have reached a preliminary consensus but because of the gravity of the decision have agreed to sleep on it. I'm 4 hours before MDT so I hope to wake up to news of a decision on the sentence. I can live with any decision the jury makes.
I think the jurors have come to a preliminary consensus and wanted - in light of the gravity of their decision- to sleep on it before rendering their final order.
What a service they have provided to these victims and the greater community in the name of Justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member