Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the remaining time for PS to disclose the location of the body (before police discover it - and hence the potential for future parole is gone) is rapidly declining…?

PS has some important decisions to make… very soon…. As what he does or doesn’t do next will have major implications for what happens next…. re pleas for example (guilty or not guilty) - and possibility (or otherwise non-option) of future parole…

If the police find Samantha, the no body no parole thing goes away. Because they will have Sam's remains.

imo

If the police find Samantha, the no body no parole thing goes away. Because they will have Sam's remains.

imo
Yes exactly. That’s what I meant by saying time is running out… and PS has no idea how long he has… if he doesn’t disclose he may lose forever the option of parole… if he does disclose he is connecting himself with the body and whatever evidence may remain there…

Ok total speculation here… after reading through the last few pages… IF there is a bikie involvement as was mentioned a page or so back, this could potentially explain why PS family has skipped town. I imagine a conversation could go along the lines:

Bikie to PS - if you get caught, keep ya mouth shut or we’ll come for your family.

Could it be that PS is in fact speaking to LE, but they are reporting that he is not, for the safety of his family?

All IMO

I guess the remaining time for PS to disclose the location of the body (before police discover it - and hence the potential for future parole is gone) is rapidly declining…?

PS has some important decisions to make… very soon…. !! And what he does (or doesn’t do) next will have major implications for what then unfolds …. Important decisions are in store for him re pleas for example (guilty or not guilty) - and the possibility (or impossibility) of future parole…
It is my understanding that the “no body, no parole” will only come into effect at sentencing …

If Police can find Samantha’s body before then …. The rule won’t come into effect, in this case … (as they will have her body… it doesn’t matter who found it ..)

I would expect at this point, PS barrister would be rather pleased that he has not spoken to Police… and I would not expect his barrister to suggest it either… (unless the brief of evidence given to his barrister has irrefutable proof of guilt, then he may suggest it, in the form of a plea)

Technically, PS does have the right to remain silent, and then the onus is on the Police and Prosecution to “prove” PS did it …

If Police are unable to find Samantha, and PS is found guilty at a trial, his barrister may suggest he reveal the location of Samantha’s body as a plea deal for sentencing …

None of us may like the fact that PS is not talking, but it is his legal right, to stay silent, for a fair trial under the Australian version of the Law…

IMO

I jumped onto my maps program (NearMaps) to have a look at the dam on Buninyong Mt Mercer Road. The latest satellite captures are Saturday March 16 and Tuesday April 23. I was interested to compare the water levels so drew a line across a section of dam on the March 16 map and compared it with April 23. Here are the screenshots. I’d say it’s dropped around half a metre.

Probably a moot point now, but thought I’d share anyway.

Also made me wonder if LE have access to any other satellite imagery.

Attachments

• 87E5E44F-0654-48C3-BB1C-B7B122320C3A.jpeg
    87E5E44F-0654-48C3-BB1C-B7B122320C3A.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 578A78DB-4302-437F-9387-17BB7609315D.jpeg
    578A78DB-4302-437F-9387-17BB7609315D.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 9
It is my understanding that the “no body, no parole” will only come into effect at sentencing …

If Police can find Samantha’s body before then …. The rule won’t come into effect, in this case … (as they will have her body… it doesn’t matter who found it ..)

I would expect at this point, PS barrister would be rather pleased that he has not spoken to Police… and I would not expect his barrister to suggest it either… (unless the brief of evidence given to his barrister has irrefutable proof of guilt, then he may suggest it, in the form of a plea)

Technically, PS does have the right to remain silent, and then the onus is on the Police and Prosecution to “prove” PS did it …

If Police are unable to find Samantha, and PS is found guilty at a trial, his barrister may suggest he reveal the location of Samantha’s body as a plea deal for sentencing …

None of us may like the fact that PS is not talking, but it is his legal right, to stay silent, for a fair trial under the Australian version of the Law…

IMO
In addition to all this, even if now he reveals ( I am stuck on this word, thanks Ch7 ) where the body is, at sentencing it will be recalled that he delayed that outcome for some months, causing untold grief and hardship to Mr Murphy and that has consequences in his far off application for parole ( should he be found guilty )

There is a price to pay for , assuming he is guilty, not giving up the location of his victim. or delaying giving it up. He does not get off scot free on that, it comes home to roost at the end of his time.

In addition to all this, even if now he reveals ( I am stuck on this word, thanks Ch7 ) where the body is, at sentencing it will be recalled that he delayed that outcome for some months, causing untold grief and hardship to Mr Murphy and that has consequences in his far off application for parole ( should he be found guilty )

There is a price to pay for , assuming he is guilty, not giving up the location of his victim. or delaying giving it up. He does not get off scot free on that, it comes home to roost at the end of his time.
As long as VicPol can prove, without reasonable doubt, that PS is the one person who is guilty of this crime..

IMO

Yes exactly. That’s what I meant by saying time is running out… and PS has no idea how long he has… if he doesn’t disclose he may lose forever the option of parole… if he does disclose he is connecting himself with the body and whatever evidence may remain there…

He could probably even tell the police where Sam is after conviction, sentencing and imprisonment. If he really wants to be paroled after serving his non-parole period. (If found guilty)

Of course, the police would have to be able to find Sam in that disclosed place, I would think.

imo

"Mr Galbally represented the late Catholic Cardinal George Pell who had his conviction for historic child abuse charges overturned by the High Court.

He has previously said he is not uncomfortable acting for individuals accused of the most serious crimes."

Interesting that Mr Galbally proudly represented George Pell, who has allegations against him dating back to the 1960s. Interesting that his current client attended the same school where George Pell is listed on the website as an "honoured Old Collegian".

"Mr Galbally represented the late Catholic Cardinal George Pell who had his conviction for historic child abuse charges overturned by the High Court.

He has previously said he is not uncomfortable acting for individuals accused of the most serious crimes."

Interesting that Mr Galbally proudly represented George Pell, who has allegations against him dating back to the 1960s. Interesting that his current client attended the same school where George Pell is listed on the website as an "honoured Old Collegian".
“George was a boarder at St Patrick’s College from 1949 in third grade through to his matriculation in 1959, where he was Head Prefect and College Captain.”

No doubt, Mr Galbally has reserved 2 floors of rooms at Craigs Hotel, in Ballarat, for August, unless security comes down hard and the Summary hearing is done by Zoom. Which is my bet, that it will be. Craigs Hotel is a Ballarat institution, bang in the centre of things, ideal for court. Nice bar, too. Every Galbally is a wine afficionado, so I've heard.
Think I might reserve a stool at that nice bar in August and settle in for the show haha

Help me here. Finding the phone has put the wind up PS because…. ?

Galbally’s reputation certainly precedes him. He already sounds like a violent misogynists dream. Will he depict PS as a model of innocent manhood or as the victim of feminist provocation gone wrong?

Is Mr Galbaly been appointed - due to possibly a SA? angle?? JMO
And/or is it possible the accused (or someone close to him) may have been a victim of ? SA (or similar) predating his alleged crimes - and that this may form part of his defence?

Note this is conjecture only and is not based on any known facts.

Last edited:
Is it the land owners who look at their dams every day ?
I've gone past lots of dams in all kinds of weather, heatwaves included and I've never ever seen a human nearby.

One very hot day I saw a cow looking pretty happy standing up to their middle in a dam. It was the cutest thing :)
But probably not that cute as the paddock didn't even contain one shade tree.
We have a dam of about that size on a similar-sized property in rural Vic (estimate based on satellite images).
We rarely check the dam depth to be honest.
That being said, I recall swimming in it in February. The water level in the middle of the dam was approximately 1.5 cows high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper