MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a clue what this is supposed to be? It was an exhibit that was shown on the screen during Ashley Vallier's testimony, then there was an objection and they moved on. It's clearly plastic, not glass. And it looks too thin and the wrong shape for the taillight.

In fact it looks a bit like the bottom of a disposable plastic drinking glass, but I don't know what that would have to do with this case.

View attachment 507782
Is it reflective Mylar from the tail light? Just guessing.

Is Brian Higgins under FBI investigation?
I thought so. Brian Albert also destroyed his phone, I feel like these two were linked together somehow and had the same info on their phones.

Aside from Proctor, Higgins is probably the only other person involved who will catch some charges for certain Both should lose their jobs as soon as testimony concludes here.

Now I understand why the "human hair witness" had to admit she made a big mistake. Lally covered it at the beginning of her testimony.
According to the defense the hair is not of John Okeefe DNA, in fact the hair is not even human. Will be interesting if Lally brings an expert to say differently.

This snip is from defense motion where the hair is dealt with
affidavit of counsel in support of defendant's motion to modify conditions of releasehair.PNG

Not that I believe a solo hair fragment survived the trauma of a 65 mile highway roundtrip in a blizzard, but I'm sure the jury hasn't forgotten that Karen's car was often housed in John's garage, just as it was the night he died.

The trivialness of this hair serves to further underscore just how weak the prosecution's case is.

Are y'all ready for this article?

TB is a awful person. Racist, misogynistic, and an all round pest.

But he was around long before Karen Read, and he'll be around after. I just hope he's not the one who gets to be the executive producer of a Netflix series about the case.

TB is a awful person. Racist, misogynistic, and an all round pest.

But he was around long before Karen Read, and he'll be around after. I just hope he's not the one who gets to be the executive producer of a Netflix series about the case.
Most likely he will be. Unfortunately, he is a part of this case, and I suspect someone (who will remain unnamed) assisted him with being a part of this case. it is an opinion only.

Re: 1 am Jan. 29, voicemail (allegedly) message: This has been posted several times -- curious why no one is talking about it?

1 a.m.: Court documents later revealed that in the weeks before and even the hours leading up to the night out, text messages between Read and O'Keefe as well as voicemails showed a strained relationship. Investigators said that around 1 a.m. on January 29, Read allegedly left O'Keefe a voicemail that said "...you are a f------ loser, f--- yourself" and "John, I f------ hate you."

Re: 1 am Jan. 29, voicemail (allegedly) message: This has been posted several times -- curious why no one is talking about it?

1 a.m.: Court documents later revealed that in the weeks before and even the hours leading up to the night out, text messages between Read and O'Keefe as well as voicemails showed a strained relationship. Investigators said that around 1 a.m. on January 29, Read allegedly left O'Keefe a voicemail that said "...you are a f------ loser, f--- yourself" and "John, I f------ hate you."
Because there's simply no proof whatsoever that she did anything to him, accidentally or otherwise. They were getting along in the several weeks right before he died.

Most likely he will be. Unfortunately, he is a part of this case, and I suspect someone (who will remain unnamed) assisted him with being a part of this case. it is an opinion only.

There's no question Karen was feeding him info she was getting from her attorneys who were getting information from the FBI. He eventually admitted this, and most of the information he relayed has very much dovetailed with what we're hearing during the trial.

There is no law against her doing this. And I don't blame her one bit. She's been railroaded by LE and the DA and literally no news outlet in Boston would touch the case beyond dutifully repeating whatever the state troopers told them. When you're fighting for your life sometimes you have to make do with the bottom of the barrel. Her story sure did get out.

I never even quote ANYONE, I hate that feature. I use REPLY instead.

Honestly, I do not hold anything against anyone here for the misinformation. I hope I made that clear earlier and if not, my apologies.
I saw it, your reply went wrong, only quoting the question. Your reply didnt come up, so you edited your post.

As someone on Reddit pointed out, the state police have a crime scene unit:

Our Crime Scene Services section manages documenting and collecting evidence from crime scenes.

But for some reason they weren't called here. Instead, they called these guys:

The Special Emergency Response Team (SERT) provides partner agencies with a highly trained and professional field force available on short notice for scenarios such as missing person searches, civil disturbances, special event crowd management, site security, or other situations where a cohesive unit of law enforcement officers may be needed.

Crime scenes aren't listed in their areas of expertise. So the officer on the stand was talking about best practices, but does he really know what they are for gathering evidence at a crime scene?

There may be a perfectly reasonable explanation, like the CS unit was needed elsewhere. On the other hand, I would have thought that they would go all out for a fellow officer and put the best possible people on the case.
This is astonishing.

I never even quote ANYONE, I hate that feature. I use REPLY instead.

Honestly, I do not hold anything against anyone here for the misinformation. I hope I made that clear earlier and if not, my apologies.
I saw it, your reply went wrong, only quoting the question. Your reply didnt come up, so you edited your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1