GUILTY CO - Freight train collided into a police cruiser parked on tracks with a woman trapped inside, PLATTEVILLE, 16 Sept. '22 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There were crossbuck signs at that crossing. The crossing was on a street without much traffic, so lights and gates weren’t needed.

I checked the grade crossing all through Greeley, CO on Google maps and there were over a dozen that had the lights and crossing arms that lower to block traffic.

In the video linked above from the officers body cam, you could see the officer actually walking on the railroad tracks as they moved the victim around the car. There was also another officer yelling at them that a train was going to hit their car.

Daytime on the photo. That happened at night. You probably read what Steinke said, “I never in a million years thought a train was going to come plowing through my scene." (What is there to expect from a person who hyperfixates so much, "my scene" indeed...) This is why I think urban planners have to go with the lowest common denominator, assuming that people might have poor nocturnal vision and be unable to process information, that they might hyperfocus, and not see the train.

Daytime on the photo. That happened at night. You probably read what Steinke said, “I never in a million years thought a train was going to come plowing through my scene." (What is there to expect from a person who hyperfixates so much, "my scene" indeed...) This is why I think urban planners have to go with the lowest common denominator, assuming that people might have poor nocturnal vision and be unable to process information, that they might hyperfocus, and not see the train.
Crossbuck signs are highly reflective. A still photo in the video above just before the train hits reveals the bright white sign.

Not to be pedantic, but a quick view of those videos shows the officer should have seen the signs and the rails she was walking on. JMO, she was too panicked after chasing the suspect to have good situational awareness. Hopefully she’ll learn from the experience.

Two Colorado municipalities have reached a settlement with a woman who was seriously injured two years ago when the police patrol car she was in was struck by a freight train. Yareni Rios-Gonzalez, who was handcuffed and sitting in the back of the car while it was parked on some tracks in Weld County, will receive $8.5 million. The money will come from the city of Fort Lupton and the town of Platteville.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back