VA VA- WhtMale, 20+, UP12163, partial remains found in two different locations, lots of personal effects with him, ties to New York. June-August 1995

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cheemsg

Reaction score
Very strange listing on NamUS.

The description says one set of his partial remains was found in Chincoteague Bay in June 1995. Another set of his remains were found in August 1995, on Castaway Drive in Captain's Cove. Not sure what the remains found exactly were but his head was not recovered. The remains were decomposing, his PMI is 'months'
His age range is listed as cannot determine/20-99. His height is estimated at 5'4 and 125 pounds.

He wore a pair of Rustler brand jeans with a 30" waist, a blue hoodie, a windbreaker, a pair of purple/black briefs, white socks and black Leather Dr Scholls sneakers. Note: all clothing is listed as on the body.
In his jean pockets, he had: 7 $1 bills, a NY subway token, chapstick, a pack of lifesavers and a comb.
in his windbreaker pocket, he had: a pair of headphones, a red pen, and a hand-written note that said "Lipizzana Restaurant, 987 Second Ave. NY."

NAMUS

Last edited:
A clipping where the restaurant is mentioned.

Lipizzana, which serves Austrian cuisine, has opened at 987 Second Avenue (52d Street), replacing an Italian restaurant, Rocky Lee's Chu Chu Bianco, which was known for its pizza. Lipizzana is owned by Luis Grunauer, whose brother, Peter, opened the highly rated Vienna 79 in the 1970s and followed with Vienna Park, both now closed.

The name, Lipizzana, is purposely misspelled Lipizzaner, the Austrian dressage horses. "We wanted to avoid problems with the real Lipizzaners," said Luis Grunauer. Rocky Lee's isn't completely out of the picture. Lipizzana also serves pizza. Cooking school Prix Fixe

Last edited:
A clipping where the restaurant is mentioned.

Lipizzana, which serves Austrian cuisine, has opened at 987 Second Avenue (52d Street), replacing an Italian restaurant, Rocky Lee's Chu Chu Bianco, which was known for its pizza. Lipizzana is owned by Luis Grunauer, whose brother, Peter, opened the highly rated Vienna 79 in the 1970s and followed with Vienna Park, both now closed.

The name, Lipizzana, is purposely misspelled Lipizzaner, the Austrian dressage horses. "We wanted to avoid problems with the real Lipizzaners," said Luis Grunauer. Rocky Lee's isn't completely out of the picture. Lipizzana also serves pizza. Cooking school Prix Fixe
Thank you. I think from the note my assumption is he was trying to meet somewhere there.
I'm so confused about the way he was found. Could you find any clippings about his discovery, (I couldn't)?

Thank you. I think from the note my assumption is he was trying to meet somewhere there.
I'm so confused about the way he was found. Could you find any clippings about his discovery, (I couldn't)?
No, I couldn't either. Nothing about a possible homicide. I think he might have been dumped from or fell of a boat (no boating accidents found in 1994-1994) and parts of his body washed up ashore (or the other way around?) I wonder what happened to his head. It might have gotten detached from the rest while in the water or severed deliberate. It's hard to tell. I checked Charley P. for missing men, but there wasn't a Eureka moment.

No, I couldn't either. Nothing about a possible homicide. I think he might have been dumped from or fell of a boat (no boating accidents found in 1994-1994) and parts of his body washed up ashore (or the other way around?) I wonder what happened to his head. It might have gotten detached from the rest while in the water or severed deliberate. It's hard to tell. I checked Charley P. for missing men, but there wasn't a Eureka moment.
I'm thrown off by how much clothing was still on the body. If someone was cutting someone deliberately, they'd probably take their clothes off. But if he came apart naturally or was chewed by some kind of animal, his clothes would have gone too right?
It's weird- Virginia is usually pretty public with their Doe cases. This guy doesn't have a page on VSP.

Unidentified wiki says he has 250 rule outs- @Caring1 is that right?

Last edited:
I'm thrown off by how much clothing was still on the body. If someone was cutting someone deliberately, they'd probably take their clothes off. But if he came apart naturally or was chewed by some kind of animal, his clothes would have gone too right?
It's weird- Virginia is usually pretty public with their Doe cases. This guy doesn't have a page on VSP.

Unidentified wiki says he has 250 rule outs- @Caring1 is that right?
I think the large amount of rule outs can be explained by the fact that VA started a project to check all missing and unidentified in Namus against each other, but it would be good to know if there are men on the list that stand out.

I think the large amount of rule outs can be explained by the fact that VA started a project to check all missing and unidentified in Namus against each other, but it would be good to know if there are men on the list that stand out.
Yeah I think it would be interesting to know what age range they might be looking at. NamUs says 20-99 which is a bit too broad. His posessions/clothing strike me as a younger man. With his size and his effects I think he might have been a teenager. That might be why it says undetermined on the age category section.

Last edited:
It was unscripted on the pen and not a note...the restaurant.

Also, the Dr Scholls shoes and cough drops leads me to belive he was older or special needs.

It was unscripted on the pen and not a note...the restaurant.

Also, the Dr Scholls shoes and cough drops leads me to belive he was older or special needs.
Here's the updated verbiage from the NAMUS profile linked in post 1:
"jeans pockets: 7 one dollar bills, a NY subway token, pack Riccola cough drops & a pack of Lifesavers, Chapstick, a black comb. inside the windbreak was a Coby CB-Z head phones, a red ink pen with inscription "Lipizzana Restaurant, 987 Second Ave. NY."

Rustler jeans, a spinoff of the Wrangler brand, were sold in Walmart and possibly other inexpensive stores. Coby was an electronics brand known for relatively inexpensive, but serviceable items. Dr Scholl's footwear was also relatively inexpensive. Bay Trading was a UK and Ireland based discount clothier. Everything suggests very modest circumstances, someone with a limited budget.

It's intriguing that no one seems to be looking for this man. The pen from the restaurant could be one used by a former employee. Since the pen featured red ink, it would seem to be a business product rather than something given to a customer. Perhaps he was actually from the UK or Ireland, as Bay Trading didn't have stores in the US. If he was not from the US, that might explain why he hasn't been identified.

One thought - perhaps he was from Northern Ireland. Many people fled from there to the US in the 1990s and earlier, sometimes living in the US illegally, all to escape the troubles there. He might have been a former employee of the Lipizzana restaurant, with the owners unwilling to identify him due to hiring him illegally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back