Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not even that is correct - Karen's legs on Fire Island are far more eastward than Toddler Doe. And Sandra is further east still.

It's a poetic thing for him to say, but it's just nowhere near accurate.

MOO
If you're interested here's Josh on Peaches and her daughter and their "bookend" placement.

Begins @ 15:15

If these murders were committed in the 90's and early 2000's, I wonder where he dumped his later victims? There's no way he stopped after the discovery of the victims at Gilgo Beach. IMO The documents on his hard drive are way too detailed for him to literally stop cold turkey after years of killing.

Probably he had also a pinboard for ongoing police investigation results, as thorough as he is. Just beside the pics of his victims and future victims and his strategies. HOW did he hide it from the eyes of his family? That has to be impossible over these many years. Did he at home play the great investigator, who is secretly helping the "stupid professionals"??
I'm thinking there are places in the basement where Asa and the kids never went. I don't think that is hugely unusual, even in a small house. She might have been happy letting him his own space that didn't involve her.

I am worried about the images he seems he took of the victims - did they end up on the web before he destroyed them? How do perps get the images to look at - somebody has to supply them? So gross and incredibly sad.

jmo

Surgical drape? You can get these online it seems but I wonder where it came from? Did he buy surgical drapes just for this or what? MOO.

ETA: I see this was 2003. You could probably still get these online but not as easily as 2024.

Don't forget the Asian John Doe. I bet RH got fooled by the JD and when he realized it he got angry. Or he got curious and then felt shame and that's why he used blunt force trauma instead of strangulation. JMO
Keeping the mother’s address in Palmyra, VA in mind and knowing that in the year’s she lived there (1994-2019?) Rex H visited there. There was a missing trans person, Sage, out of Charlottesville in 2012. I would love to find out if RH was in Palmyra at the time. Sage has never been found and her bf was suspected but never charged. The most active social areas near Palmyra and Charlottesville and Richmond, VA. Just something VSP needs to follow up on as well as RH in Alicia Showalter murder.

Last edited:
The suspension bondage mentioned in the bail application immediately brought to mind the article some months back about RH being part of a play at his high school and rigging the curtain for a petite female classmate to be suspended from it.
I thought of his experience with stage construction too, but forget that detail about his classmate. Shivers.

The suspension bondage mentioned in the bail application immediately brought to mind the article some months back about RH being part of a play at his high school and rigging the curtain for a petite female classmate to be suspended from it.
Google translation
Excerpt:
There are two hooks. One on the left, one on the right. Between them are ten centimetre-long flaps of skin, a grinning skull. Underneath, a body is wriggling, Phil's body. He is kicking his legs. His back is hanging from two ropes - held in place by hooks that are stuck in the skin like staples.

Here is the NY Post article

Thanks - that is worth the re-read! Some snippets:

"During one rehearsal, Heuermann - without telling anyone - added additional weights to the bottom of the pulley system that raised and lowered the stage curtains, the classmate recalled.

When she pulled on a lever to drop the curtains while holding onto a rope connected to the system, her 95-pound body suddenly went soaring toward the auditorium ceiling.....

[T]he former classmate said she thought the hulking, 6-foot-4 teen was 'marking his domain' by making it hard for other students to handle the curtains under the additional weight."

link in quote post.

The details in Rex's memos for organizing and planning the murders is something else.

Under "Prep" he notes "Set up Stage", "Holding Area", "Cross Bar", etc. It looks like he built a set up to hang the women up. Ugh. Took photos.

ETA: Above is from the Bail Application linked above in ScribD document.

The farther you read, the worse it gets.

Taking a break for now, will be back later.

I’m stuck on the photos… under supplies he has “photo film”, but then under post-event he has “dispose of pics”.

Not at all shocked at the idea he took pictures… but why take them but then dispose (maybe it was just part of his torture process).

Must have been a Polaroid cause having film developed professionally would have been a massive mistake MOO.

Jessica Taylor disappeared on 21 July 2003. Rex H bought a new Chevy Avalanche pick up truck on 22 July 2003. A witness saw that truck backed into a road near where her body was found on 25 July 2003.

So, did LE have a description of the Chevy Avalanche in 2003?

Rex had it all planned out. She was the first victim transported in the Chevy Avalanche, his vehicle of choice for picking up, transporting and dumping victims.

Immediately I was thinking: Did he take her (JT) to the car dealer ("rich architect with his mistress")??

Considering how Rex found his Targets, followed them and their lifestyle patterns, it wouldn’t be a surprise if he hadn’t done the same thing to Shannon and the fact that he likely killed women who John Bittrolf and other clients had just been with me, suggest that he may haven taken advantage of the fact that other people had just been with the women. I think that puts AC, NJ, central Virginia, South Carolina, and Las Vegas as well as upstate New York in the mix. Of course, New York City and Long Island, All of it.

Valerie Mack and Peaches may be on the table, JMO.
I know you meant metaphoric table, as in "in LE's purview ", but after today's releases, I can't get his work table out of my head. He built a braced table. My God. Who all was on that table? Peaches probably thought she was just picking up a paycheck, safe enough she didn't think twice about having her toddler in tow...

LE has hundreds of devices to work through. Hard drives, floppy disks, embedded and deleted files, overwritten....

How much more will they uncover/link/confirm?

So many victims...

JMO

Thanks - that is worth the re-read! Some snippets:

"During one rehearsal, Heuermann - without telling anyone - added additional weights to the bottom of the pulley system that raised and lowered the stage curtains, the classmate recalled.

When she pulled on a lever to drop the curtains while holding onto a rope connected to the system, her 95-pound body suddenly went soaring toward the auditorium ceiling.....

[T]he former classmate said she thought the hulking, 6-foot-4 teen was 'marking his domain' by making it hard for other students to handle the curtains under the additional weight."

link in quote post.
This system (without the curtain) he could have used to lift someone/his victim up to the ceiling at his home ....

I'm thinking there are places in the basement where Asa and the kids never went. I don't think that is hugely unusual, even in a small house. She might have been happy letting him his own space that didn't involve her.

I am worried about the images he seems he took of the victims - did they end up on the web before he destroyed them? How do perps get the images to look at - somebody has to supply them? So gross and incredibly sad.

jmo
Wouldn’t be the first dad to lock up his basement workshop to keep the kids away from the sharp expensive tools! (And guns)

"A document was found on a hard drive in the basement of Heuermann's home that prosecutors said was a "manifesto" or "blueprint" planning all phases of the killings and disposal of the bodies.
Prosecutors said the Microsoft Word document was a "planning document" used by Heuermann to "methodically blueprint" and "plan out" his "kills".
The planning document was divided into sections, including "problems," such as DNA, tire marks, blood stains, fingerprints, plastic bags/cat litter, witnesses, trace source of supplies, foot/shoe prints, photos, police and truck stops, fingerprints in gloves, hair and fiber, prosecutors said.
There was also a section for supplies needed to carry out serial murders "to avoid apprehension and to avoid leaving behind DNA evidence," the DA said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member