Identified! MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87 - n/a

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Stumbled across this article from 2020, written about exhumations of does from the cemetery where Harper Jane Doe was buried (in a paupers grave apparently).

Police, FBI exhume bodies at United Memorial Gardens in Plymouth

"Last year, they focused on 21 cases and we were able to collect thirteen samples and submit them. It allowed them to help a man who submitted his DNA, hoping a relative’s match in a missing person database would help him find his mom. She went missing when he was a young child. Only now does he know, she was murdered.

“His mom didn’t leave him," Sgt. Jones said. "She didn’t just up and decide she didn’t want a kid anymore. Something tragic happened to her."

Sgt. Jones said letting that man know that means the world to her. She says if you have a missing relative you can put your DNA in the system and look for a match.

“He never gave up and this was in 1987," she said. "So even though it took 30-plus years, he now at least has his mom.""

IMO it seems likely they are referring to Harper JD. Interesting!
i believe its her as well! it all lines up. im grateful to know the baby wasnt also killed. but it still makes me sus of the father.

i believe its her as well! it all lines up. im grateful to know the baby wasnt also killed. but it still makes me sus of the father.
It’s 100% her. I just know it. So sad he lost her so early. She was probably a beautiful woman, both in appearance and personality. She strikes me as being a nice person. Even in her sketch you can see a beautiful sparkle in her eyes. RIP Harper :(

I agree that this is definitely about Harper Doe. I recall upthread it was stated somewhere that she had a healthy, living, adult child (I believed it was stated that it was a son?) that had wondered what happened to his mother. I am glad he knows what happened to his mother, as terrible and sad as it is.

My apologies, upon further research it appears that the previously linked article makes reference to Anita Wiley, not Harper JD.

Man describes finding mom more than 3 decades after she went missing in Detroit
No worries but now I am super confused lol. Upthread it was stated that Harper Doe's child was located alive and now knows what happened to their mom and I think was a son as well. So it applies to both cases I think? Even if that case referenced was Anita's and not Harper's. Let me dig up the old posts...

Harper Doe has an adult child (who was loved and wanted) and is asking for privacy while DPD investigates the murder.
That’s good news. I’m glad that Harper loved and cared about the child. I’m sad for the child because they just found out about this recently. I can’t help but feel sorry for them.

Jeffery Wayne Gorton who killed 2 women in Michigan one was a flight attended who he murdered at a hotel in 1991,the other was a music professor who he broke into her house in 1986, he was profiled on forensic files and the detective believed he had other victims not just 2. Is it possible he maybe responsible for Jane does death as well as some of the other deaths unsolved murders in Michigan that have been talked about on this fourm, Both women he killed were stabbed and sexually assaulted just like this doe. I don’t believe he took a 5 year break after 1986 only to kill again. Where was he between 1987-1990? He once lived in Genesee county which was only about an hour drive from Wayne county where this doe was murdered.

I believe he could also be responsible for another unidentified victim doe case 34ufmi, due to the close proximity.

Last edited:
Jeffery Wayne Gorton who killed 2 women in Michigan one was a flight attended who he murdered at a hotel in 1991,the other was a music professor who he broke into her house in 1986, he was profiled on forensic files and the detective believed he had other victims not just 2. Is it possible he maybe responsible for Jane does death as well as some of the other deaths unsolved murders in Michigan that have been talked about on this fourm, Both women he killed were stabbed and sexually assaulted just like this doe. I don’t believe he took a 5 year break after 1986 only to kill again. Where was he between 1987-1990? He once lived in Genesee county which was only about an hour drive from Wayne county where this doe was murdered.

I believe he could also be responsible for another unidentified victim doe case 34ufmi, due to the close proximity.
Many if not most serial killers take breaks. Look at BTK. Look at EAR/ONS.

Many if not most serial killers take breaks. Look at BTK. Look at EAR/ONS.
Yes that’s true. Reading up on him he really was a sick though he would steal women’s panties and they once found hundreds of garbage bags in his home of women’s underwear, I think Also It didn’t say anything about Jane does panties being removed.

Thank you for mentioning this sicko though..at least it gives a different perspective to what myself and probably many others are thinking- that this was a case of DV.
Still waiting and hoping to hear someone has been charged with this young mothers murder

Thank you for mentioning this sicko though..at least it gives a different perspective to what myself and probably many others are thinking- that this was a case of DV.
Still waiting and hoping to hear someone has been charged with this young mothers murder
what is "DV"?

O/T (and sadly not open for further submissions since more acronyms, abbreviations and initialisms have come along since then), but more WSers, especially newer ones, should know about the WS Lingo thread -->

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back