UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clifton Suspension Bridge is, and always has been, a toll bridge. It is open and manned 24 hours a day, seven days a week throughout the year.​

This guy isn’t the brightest bulb is he?

Calls a taxi to take him somewhere and he’s got a body or bodies in two suitcases to begin with. Then he gets let out with said suitcases, leaking blood, on a toll bridge, that is manned 24/7.

His shoes are quite distinctive and the picture of him is quite discernible. Someone must know him.

MOO

I think based on the direction he went after the bridge that he doesn't know the area well. He could have turned right after the bridge and headed straight into Leigh Woods which is huge and has numerous access points.

Their actions scream panic to me, no plan at all.
I agree, seems full of panic. I'm surprised they haven't got him yet, surely he's on foot? Or another taxi out? I'm still catching up though so I might have missed information. jmo.

Why does the bridge have staff ??
You have to pay to cross it, most payments are contactless, but you can go into the visitor centre bit to pay by other means I believe.
It's also a suicide spot, so not sure if they monitor that side of things, but like another posted mentioned there are other people who patrol there for that.
Thirdly it's really old, and they run tours etc

Last edited:
You have to pay to cross it, most payments are contactless, but you can go into the visitor centre bit to pay by other means I believe.
It's also a suicide spot, so not sure if they monitor that side of things, but like another posted mentioned there are other people who patrol there for that.
Thirdly it's really old, and thru run tours etc
Thanks for the info

Thirdly it's really old, and thru run tours etc
The bridge in this suitcase case isn't just a regular bridge, but quite an important (and dangerous) part of the city infrastructure and it doesn't surprise me that is manned.

As an aside, there is a walkway over a major bridge near me and one afternoon my husband and I took a walk over it. He stopped to stretch, using the rail of the fencing to stretch his leg. Bam, out of nowhere two officers arrived to make sure everything was okay. I don't know where they came from, but we obviously were on camera somewhere.

I mention that because even though I know the bridge is staffed, has cameras, etc. it still surprised me that it was staffed and we were on camera! I'm not convinced the guy is totally new to the area just because he picked that location.

Also, he might have been headed elsewhere but the cab driver kicked him out early - we don't know yet.

jmo

I'm quite surprised that the guy in the photos hasn't been identified yet. I wonder if the police will release any further details about him. Presumably the taxi driver will be able to let them know where he was collected from, rough height and information such as if he speaks with an accent (I've seen it reported that he possibly shouted something in Spanish).

Mapped: The spot the suspect was last seen

I'm quite surprised that the guy in the photos hasn't been identified yet. I wonder if the police will release any further details about him. Presumably the taxi driver will be able to let them know where he was collected from, rough height and information such as if he speaks with an accent (I've seen it reported that he possibly shouted something in Spanish).
I'm surprised too. But, perhaps he has been identified by someone in the area but the ID is not yet confirmed so LE is not releasing that info?

I don't know how it works in UK as compared to USA in terms of sharing info with the press.

jmo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810