AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Call me crazy but I don't think the guy sending texts about turning a 3 year old "into a man" via torture is going to take the fall for anyone else, son or not. MOO.
I searched for Hmong family values, and found this article.
It states that sons are valued because the expectation is that they will take care of their parents when older. So I do think Vang would value his own son, much much more than a boy he has no relation to.
MOO

Editing to add: I just read the formal statement/charges. It is oddly lacking in information about the teenage son. It doesn’t state anything about him other than that Vang walked him to the bus. Ponder that: Vang walked him to the bus - he’s a teenager. He tells us details such as that Elijah’s cereal was frosted on one side only, but makes absolutely no mention of the teenager other than to say he walked him out. Isn’t that weird? I feel like that’s weird. It’s a whole human in the house that nothing is said about. They go into detail about her second child being left in a vehicle during the cold, but no mention of the teenager who lived there.

Last edited:
I searched for Hmong family values, and found this article.
It states that sons are valued because the expectation is that they will take care of their parents when older. So I do think Vang would value his own son, much much more than a boy he has no relation to.
MOO

Editing to add: I just read the formal statement/charges. It is oddly lacking in information about the teenage son. It doesn’t state anything about him other than that Vang walked him to the bus. Ponder that: Vang walked him to the bus - he’s a teenager. He tells us details such as that Elijah’s cereal was frosted on one side only, but makes absolutely no mention of the teenager other than to say he walked him out. Isn’t that weird? I feel like that’s weird. It’s a whole human in the house that nothing is said about. They go into detail about her second child being left in a vehicle during the cold, but no mention of the teenager who lived there.
I'm almost certain it's been reported the teen has special needs.

ETA: it's mentioned here in the criminal complaint that the son has autism.

MAY 28, 2024
The mother of missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue has another court date Tuesday.

... Katrina Baur, 31, faces a felony charge of chronic neglect of a child and several misdemeanors.

Baur’s case has a status conference in Manitowoc County Circuit Court. Her defense and prosecutor will meet with the judge at 4 in the afternoon to get updates on the criminal case.

Baur and Vang may think/hope that, with time, people will forget, grow bored, move on, and their respective child-neglect cases will draw less attention.

Elijah will not be forgotten. The Town of Two Rivers will not forget him. Perfect strangers will keep his darling face in their hearts. I know I am thinking of him every day.

JUN 17, 2024
Police Chief Ben Meinnert says that recent rumors have surfaced on social media claiming that Vue has been found, but this is not true.

“The spreading of false and misleading information is disrespectful to the family of Elijah and detracts from our efforts in locating him,” added Chief Meinnert. “We remain the sole source of factual information in this investigation and will release more information and updates when they are available to share.”

As the search for Vue approaches four months, the Two Rivers Police Department would like to reiterate that the search efforts will continue.

Release Date: June 17, 2024, 4:45 PM

Elijah Vue has not been found.

Recently rumors surfaced on social media platforms stating Elijah has been found. This is not true. The spreading of false and misleading information is disrespectful to the family of Elijah and detracts from our efforts in locating him. We remain the sole source of factual information in this investigation and will release more information and updates when they are available to share.

As we approach 4 months since Elijah’s disappearance, we would like to reiterate that our search efforts will continue. Since our last update, additional drone searches coordinated by the Wisconsin Drone Network were conducted and will continue to be conducted with assistance from the Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office Drone Team and the Manitowoc Police Department Drone Team. Canine searches were conducted in several areas of interest coordinated by Wisconsin K9 Search & Rescue. In the coming weeks we plan to continue our search efforts on water with assistance from Bruce’s Legacy with additional sonar searching.

The FBI continues to follow up on national tips and leads while state, county and local agencies continue to follow up on recent leads within Wisconsin, most specifically in our area and the Wisconsin Dells and Portage areas. Investigators continue to analyze an extremely large amount of video and other data, including extensive and ongoing drone search footage, with assistance from federal and state agencies.

We continue to encourage participation in coordinated and legally permissible search efforts for Elijah. We have also remained in contact with Elijah’s family with assistance from Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) regarding the efforts of our searches. DCI continues to remain the lead agency coordinating the efforts of the ongoing criminal investigation and all related interviews in this case, with help from investigators from our agency, Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI.

We will continue a variety of search efforts in our attempts to locate Elijah. We, like many of you, want to find answers and are working hard to do so. We believe in transparency and keeping everyone up to date with facts. We will share facts as much as we are able, and as timely as we can when new information presents, but please understand that we cannot jeopardize any portion of the ongoing investigation. We remain committed to investigating the circumstances regarding the disappearance of Elijah.

Chief Ben Meinnert
Two Rivers Police Department

Release Date: June 17, 2024, 4:45 PM

Elijah Vue has not been found.

Recently rumors surfaced on social media platforms stating Elijah has been found. This is not true. The spreading of false and misleading information is disrespectful to the family of Elijah and detracts from our efforts in locating him. We remain the sole source of factual information in this investigation and will release more information and updates when they are available to share.

As we approach 4 months since Elijah’s disappearance, we would like to reiterate that our search efforts will continue. Since our last update, additional drone searches coordinated by the Wisconsin Drone Network were conducted and will continue to be conducted with assistance from the Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office Drone Team and the Manitowoc Police Department Drone Team. Canine searches were conducted in several areas of interest coordinated by Wisconsin K9 Search & Rescue. In the coming weeks we plan to continue our search efforts on water with assistance from Bruce’s Legacy with additional sonar searching.

The FBI continues to follow up on national tips and leads while state, county and local agencies continue to follow up on recent leads within Wisconsin, most specifically in our area and the Wisconsin Dells and Portage areas. Investigators continue to analyze an extremely large amount of video and other data, including extensive and ongoing drone search footage, with assistance from federal and state agencies.

We continue to encourage participation in coordinated and legally permissible search efforts for Elijah. We have also remained in contact with Elijah’s family with assistance from Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) regarding the efforts of our searches. DCI continues to remain the lead agency coordinating the efforts of the ongoing criminal investigation and all related interviews in this case, with help from investigators from our agency, Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI.

We will continue a variety of search efforts in our attempts to locate Elijah. We, like many of you, want to find answers and are working hard to do so. We believe in transparency and keeping everyone up to date with facts. We will share facts as much as we are able, and as timely as we can when new information presents, but please understand that we cannot jeopardize any portion of the ongoing investigation. We remain committed to investigating the circumstances regarding the disappearance of Elijah.

Chief Ben Meinnert
Two Rivers Police Department
How very sad that this innocent baby boy is still out there and may never be found and laid to rest properly. It breaks my heart. How can anyone hurt something so precious and vulnerable? :(

JUN 18, 2024
[...]

June 20 marks the fourth month, or 122 days, since 3-year-old Elijah Vue was reported missing from a Two Rivers apartment.

"We remain committed to investigating the circumstances regarding the disappearance of Elijah," Meinnert wrote.

[...]

The chief's Facebook post states the FBI continues to follow up on national tips and leads while state, county and local agencies continue to follow up on recent leads within Wisconsin, mostly around Two Rivers, Wisconsin Dells and Portage. Investigators also continue analyzing an extremely large amount of video and other data, including extensive drone search footage.

[...]

The total reward for information leading to the discovery of Elijah or the arrest and charging of anyone responsible for his disappearance has now grown to $40,000. The FBI has offered a $15,000 reward for information leading to locating Elijah or convicting those responsible for his disappearance, Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers has offered a $10,000 reward, and the city of Two Rivers has now offered an additional $15,000, reward which was funded through community donations.

[...]

JUN 19, 2024
Meinnert encouraged the community to participate in “coordinated and legally permissible search efforts for Elijah.”

“We will continue a variety of search efforts in our attempts to locate Elijah,” said Chief Meinnert. “We, like many of you, want to find answers and are working hard to do so. We believe in transparency and keeping everyone up to date with facts. We will share facts as much as we are able and as timely as we can when new information is present, but please understand that we cannot jeopardize any portion of the ongoing investigation. We remain committed to investigating the circumstances regarding the disappearance of Elijah.”

Oh how I so wish they could find that little guy. He breaks my heart....to have suffered so much in his very short years is so very horrible.

Bless his lil heart. No child should ever suffer like him but yet we know they do. We see it over and over again. :(

What?

MANITOWOC COUNTY, Wis. (WBAY) - The lawyer for Katrina Baur, whose son has been missing for four months, spoke of a possible resolution in her court case during a hearing Thursday.

In court Thursday, Baur’s lawyer said there may be a resolution in the case, but the lawyer needed to discuss it with Baur first. It wasn’t clear during Thursday’s hearing what the resolution entails.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back