AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't like the cryptic nature of her attorney's statement. If you can't discuss it then why mention it? it's like if a member makes mention of rumors from social media in a vague way and another asks what they are referring to and then the first responds with we can't talk about it here. the simple answer to this is - Then DON'T.

I don't like the cryptic nature of her attorney's statement. If you can't discuss it then why mention it? it's like if a member makes mention of rumors from social media in a vague way and another asks what they are referring to and then the first responds with we can't talk about it here. the simple answer to this is - Then DON'T.
It could be a negotiating tactic, setting the stage that if no resolution happens, it's because the other side blocked it. It puts pressure on.

That's my take anyway, just speculating.

jmo

It could be a negotiating tactic, setting the stage that if no resolution happens, it's because the other side blocked it. It puts pressure on.

That's my take anyway, just speculating.

jmo
We can only hope this posturing is the beginning of the worm turning, wherein Baur has finally been convinced to throw Vang under the bus to save herself. But it's been way, way too long, IMO, selfishly and self-servingly way too long. How on earth do you keep your mouth shut when it's your own child?

Unless you know he's dead, I guess. I have exactly zero empathy for her.

JMO. I believe Elijah is dead and has been all along. That poor, darling little boy. I'll never be able to accept how they treated him.

Wherever he was dumped, it may be too late to recover any remains at this point. What an awful, awful case.

We can only hope this posturing is the beginning of the worm turning, wherein Baur has finally been convinced to throw Vang under the bus to save herself. But it's been way, way too long, IMO, selfishly and self-servingly way too long. How on earth do you keep your mouth shut when it's your own child?

Unless you know he's dead, I guess. I have exactly zero empathy for her.

JMO. I believe Elijah is dead and has been all along. That poor, darling little boy. I'll never be able to accept how they treated him.

Wherever he was dumped, it may be too late to recover any remains at this point. What an awful, awful case.
I agree. He's been dead the whole time, and is probably in landfill. Like so many dead, abused babies. Like Classic and Cincere.

MOO

Please tell me why couldn't they force the information out of either one of them where that poor baby is!
Well, because law enforcement officials in the U.S.A aren't permitted to use overtly harsh interrogation techniques like torture.

That being said, I think the hope is that, by having charged them with child neglect and then proceeding very slowly through the legal process, a kind of war of attrition is underway. Neither Vang or Baur can make bail, both have made efforts to have charges reduced or dismissed (Vang) or bail changed to signature only (Baur) and those efforts were rejected by the Court.

They've been sitting in jail for four months, stewing in their own cesspools of BS, and maybe the lack of freedom - never mind her longing to find her little boy, because apparently she doesn't care about that - is finally starting to get to Baur in particular, if yesterday's suggestion by her public defender about a possible resolution to the case means what I think it could. I'm hoping she's ready to give up Vang in exchange for her own plea deal.

JMO, the patience of Two Rivers LE is amazing. They will do nothing to compromise their ongoing investigation and relentless searching. Unlike Baur and Vang, all Two Rivers LE want is to find Elijah, dead or alive, and return him to his extended family, the only people who truly did love him, it seems.

Two Rivers Police continue to actively look for Elijah Vue, including a K9 search conducted on Wednesday.

“The Chief and I were just having a discussion the other day how many times we’ll have a dream that, oh we found Elijah, that type of dream. And then you’ll wake up and it’s not true. So, we’re constantly thinking about it even in our subconscious. So, it’s definitely something at a whole that the department is always conscious of and thinking about,” said Capt. Andrew Raatz with the Two Rivers Police Department.

More at link.

Two Rivers Police continue to actively look for Elijah Vue, including a K9 search conducted on Wednesday.

“The Chief and I were just having a discussion the other day how many times we’ll have a dream that, oh we found Elijah, that type of dream. And then you’ll wake up and it’s not true. So, we’re constantly thinking about it even in our subconscious. So, it’s definitely something at a whole that the department is always conscious of and thinking about,” said Capt. Andrew Raatz with the Two Rivers Police Department.

More at link.
Aren't these police officers incredible? I believe they've come to love little Elijah and have allowed their ongoing, seemingly inexhaustible search for him become almost personal.

If only the adults who were responsible for Elijah had felt the same way. I can't believe they ever did.

JUN 26, 2024
[...]

According to police, the investigative team is still working to determine what happened leading up to Vue's disappearance, what happened in the past and what can they look to in the future. The second prong of the case is the search effort.

Raatz said, "The Department of Criminal Investigations is always working on things. FBI is typically working remotely with us, but it is a constant communication. Chief gets regular updates on what's going on with the investigation. Some weeks there are more than others, but it is a constant thing, it is a constant thing."

[...]

"One of the big things some of the other agencies that we can get it resources that we just don't have. So, some of the computer technology that the FBI can offer is obviously very specialized. A lot of the stuff we need done, right now, isn't so much boots on the ground it's analyzing data and files and whatnot."

Police tell FOX 11 tips are still coming in. Those tips might not be as plentiful as when Vue was first reported missing, but each one is followed up. Authorities say they are still hopeful they'll resolve this case.

[...]

Well, because law enforcement officials in the U.S.A aren't permitted to use overtly harsh interrogation techniques like torture.

That being said, I think the hope is that, by having charged them with child neglect and then proceeding very slowly through the legal process, a kind of war of attrition is underway. Neither Vang or Baur can make bail, both have made efforts to have charges reduced or dismissed (Vang) or bail changed to signature only (Baur) and those efforts were rejected by the Court.

They've been sitting in jail for four months, stewing in their own cesspools of BS, and maybe the lack of freedom - never mind her longing to find her little boy, because apparently she doesn't care about that - is finally starting to get to Baur in particular, if yesterday's suggestion by her public defender about a possible resolution to the case means what I think it could. I'm hoping she's ready to give up Vang in exchange for her own plea deal.

JMO, the patience of Two Rivers LE is amazing. They will do nothing to compromise their ongoing investigation and relentless searching. Unlike Baur and Vang, all Two Rivers LE want is to find Elijah, dead or alive, and return him to his extended family, the only people who truly did love him, it seems.
I heard today in the news that they are searching an area again but will not say why or where.

More at link.
I know the police department, and everyone that has been searching and even for us that cant physically do anything hope and pray every day to give this family some piece that we find him and bring him home. This case has just ripped by heart out. Like many others.

JUN 28, 2024
In court Friday, the defense attorney asked for another status conference, as he will need time to review evidence which he has yet to receive. Another status conference will be held Sept. 27.

Meanwhile, Baur returns to court Monday for a scheduling conference. At her last appearance, attorneys suggested a “resolution” to the case may be near.

At Friday’s status conference, Vang's attorney appeared on his behalf. The attorney said they're about to be provided with a large amount of discovery from the state and asked for a status conference in 90 days. That conference was scheduled for September 27th.

Elijah has been missing for over four months, and although searches from the public have wound down drastically, Two Rivers Police say their department and other investigators will continue to search for the missing 3-year-old until he is found

The attorney for Katrina Baur, the mother of missing 3-year-old boy Elijah Vue, announces she plans to accept a plea bargain in the child neglect case related to her son July 1, 2024, in Manitowoc County court.

A judge set Katrina Baur's plea hearing for July 18. A sentencing hearing will be scheduled at a later date.

The attorney for Katrina Baur, the mother of missing 3-year-old boy Elijah Vue, announces she plans to accept a plea bargain in the child neglect case related to her son July 1, 2024, in Manitowoc County court.

A judge set Katrina Baur's plea hearing for July 18. A sentencing hearing will be scheduled at a later date.
Well, that's one decision she's made. Now for her to decide to come clean with what she knows about Elijah's whereabouts and disappearance. That's the decision of hers that I want to hear.

Please tell me the state is getting something out of this. Where is Elijah?!!!
I get really tired of the deals that don't tell where the little ones are , why give the deal just give max time like Cory bigsby ,they don't deserve a deal. I just wish Theyd be held accountable..eugh my rants done. Jmvho

Please tell me the state is getting something out of this. Where is Elijah?!!!
Thinking about this overnight, I realized that Baur's pending plea probably has nothing to do with recovering Elijah, but instead is just a self-serving calculation to reduce her prison time. IMO, if she has material evidence as to the fate and whereabouts of her little boy, then she's had that information since day one.

If she has real information, then IMO it should have been disclosed to the State and LE yesterday, even if only in the confidence of the judge's chambers, so LE could immediately act on it and go get that boy.

Because really, if she knows, why on earth wait? If what she knows, for example, is that Elijah is dead, then why keep so many people - family, caring strangers, and incredibly dedicated LE - in the dark?

I don't know... This case is heartbreaking.

Because really, if she knows, why on earth wait? If what she knows, for example, is that Elijah is dead, then why keep so many people - family, caring strangers, and incredibly dedicated LE - in the dark?
Snipped

If she has info and is refusing to disclose it (which I think is the case), it's probably because admitting to murder is a lot worse than admitting to neglect.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back