GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This Washington Post article says that the "sh*tposter" was also an active member of a Facebook group of trump supporters who routinely post anti-Biden and pro-Trump memes.

Why does that not surprise me. He probably isn't even a cousin of a jury member. imo
If they can track him down, I hope he can be charged with interfering with a trial or something.

NEW from @adamreisstv and me - Trump scheduled to be interviewed virtually by probation dept tomorrow for pre-sentencing recommendation/report

My prediction is that T will get a prison sentence. I know that half the people in the US don't want to see a political leader of such high office get a prison sentence, but I suspect that what many of those people actually don't want to see is a political leader who is a convicted felon and deserving of a prison sentence. It's such a strong feeling of betrayal, much like you may feel when your beloved dog bites you. I believe that there still is among most citizens an internal need for integrity and justice.

A monetary fine is an unlikely sentence, since his fines are probably paid through donor contributions. He had trouble meeting his financial obligations in his other NY trial. And house arrest is not likely going to be respected and therefore will become a mockery of the justice system.

Prison seems like the only reasonable option. I believe the judge will have no other choice than to follow the precedent of Cohen's sentence, taking into account that Cohen pleaded guilty. Given T's lack of remorse, his constant disrespect for the law and the courts, and given his position of trust, I don't believe he will be given much grace in the sentence. I don't believe that the judge has much choice. He can't make it appear that T is given allowances that are not extended to others. The law must appear to be impartial.

My prediction is that T will be given a two year prison sentence, followed by two year house arrest and four years probation. moo jmo

In any case, I don't expect the judge is sleeping easy these days.

My prediction is that T will get a prison sentence. I know that half the people in the US don't want to see a political leader of such high office get a prison sentence, but I suspect that what many of those people actually don't want to see is a political leader who is a convicted felon and deserving of a prison sentence. It's such a strong feeling of betrayal, much like you may feel when your beloved dog bites you. I believe that there still is among most citizens an internal need for integrity and justice.

A monetary fine is an unlikely sentence, since his fines are probably paid through donor contributions. He had trouble meeting his financial obligations in his other NY trial. And house arrest is not likely going to be respected and therefore will become a mockery of the justice system.

Prison seems like the only reasonable option. I believe the judge will have no other choice than to follow the precedent of Cohen's sentence, taking into account that Cohen pleaded guilty. Given T's lack of remorse, his constant disrespect for the law and the courts, and given his position of trust, I don't believe he will be given much grace in the sentence. I don't believe that the judge has much choice. He can't make it appear that T is given allowances that are not extended to others. The law must appear to be impartial.

My prediction is that T will be given a two year prison sentence, followed by two year house arrest and four years probation. moo jmo

In any case, I don't expect the judge is sleeping easy these days.
If he gets a prison sentence I believe it would start after the election

Why the interview? All they have to do is follow social media to find out what he thinks about the conviction and how contrite he is about getting caught breaking the law.

Sounds like a complete waste of time to me.

Required

Trump to undergo probation interview Monday, a required step before his New York sentencing​

The probation officer will ask for a range of personal information, such as family history, current family status, finances, history of substance abuse, prior criminal history and the circumstances surrounding the crime(s) for which you are convicted.

You are required by law to answer these questions thoroughly and honestly or face additional penalties, but it is also an opportunity to better your chances for leniency by including any/all positive information that relates to your situation, such as character statements from friends and family, proof of employment (and good references from employers), or enrollment in counseling or treatment, if applicable.

Last edited:
The presentencing report will also include a Victim Impact Statement. Who are the victims in this case? Possibly the NY tax payers, the voters of NY, the voters of the USA. I wonder how they will work that one out, or if they will ignore that typical inclusion.

A probation officer (or a social worker or psychologist working for the probation department) interviews the defendant and checks the defendant’s criminal record. The probation officer may talk to the crime victim, the arresting officer, and the defendant’s family and friends. The pre-sentence report includes a statement about what happened, the defendant’s personal history and criminal record and a Victim Impact Statement. The report makes recommendations for sentencing.

Required

Trump to undergo probation interview Monday, a required step before his New York sentencing​

The probation officer will ask for a range of personal information, such as family history, current family status, finances, history of substance abuse, prior criminal history and the circumstances surrounding the crime(s) for which you are convicted.

You are required by law to answer these questions thoroughly and honestly or face additional penalties, but it is also an opportunity to better your chances for leniency by including any/all positive information that relates to your situation, such as character statements from friends and family, proof of employment (and good references from employers), or enrollment in counseling or treatment, if applicable.
Will he be drug tested?

No way will he be able to do this. No. Way.

NYT article about the probation meeting:

"It is unusual for a lawyer to be present for a Probation Department interview, according to current and former agency officials and several defense lawyers with experience dealing with the agency. And since the coronavirus pandemic has waned, virtual interviews have become far less common.

But Justice Juan M. Merchan, who presided over the former president’s criminal trial and will hand down his sentence, signed off on the arrangement, the person with knowledge of the meeting said."

NYT article about the probation meeting:

"It is unusual for a lawyer to be present for a Probation Department interview, according to current and former agency officials and several defense lawyers with experience dealing with the agency. And since the coronavirus pandemic has waned, virtual interviews have become far less common.

But Justice Juan M. Merchan, who presided over the former president’s criminal trial and will hand down his sentence, signed off on the arrangement, the person with knowledge of the meeting said."
BBM. I think it's important to point out the special treatment Trump is receiving yet again. Anyone else would have spent time in jail for such egregious behavior defying the judge during the trial. It's outrageous IMO that every other convicted felon faces this probation interview alone, but our Trump gets to have his lawyer present to try to prevent him from going off the rails and getting a harsher sentence.

BBM. I think it's important to point out the special treatment Trump is receiving yet again. Anyone else would have spent time in jail for such egregious behavior defying the judge during the trial. It's outrageous IMO that every other convicted felon faces this probation interview alone, but our Trump gets to have his lawyer present to try to prevent him from going off the rails and getting a harsher sentence.
There is clearly a two-tiered system of justice in America now: one tier in which the ex president gets away with everything anybody else would be in jail for, and the rest of us - it is ugly- and disgusting.

You are required by law to answer these questions thoroughly and honestly or face additional penalties, but it is also an opportunity to better your chances for leniency by including any/all positive information that relates to your situation, such as character statements from friends and family, proof of employment (and good references from employers), or enrollment in counseling or treatment, if applicable

No way will he be able to do this. No. Way

I agree that it will torture him to have to “prove himself” to what he considers low-life nobodies.

However, he will be able to demonstrate that he’s been self-employed. He isn’t a substance abuser unless you count Diet Coke.

IMO he will also be able to get character references from all his acolytes, and his eldest sons at least will provide glowing statements about how awesome a dad he has been. Even though he left their mother for Marla.

Enrolling in “counseling or treatment?” He would NEVER.

To me it’s a toss-up if he is imprisoned or not.

JMO

Hopefully the probation officer is allowed to have a lawyer, a social worker, AND a psychologist present.

"A probation officer (or a social worker or psychologist working for the probation department) interviews the defendant .... "

Hoo boy! I’d love to be a fly on the wall if Trump is asked this:

As part of the preparation of the report, the official is likely to ask Mr. Trump about what occurred that led to the charges against him.
BBM

As unfair as it all seems, I think we have to keep in mind that Trump is not “every other convicted felon,” and that Judge Merchan has worked hard to make sure there are no grounds for appeal. If he sentences Trump to prison, Trump will say it was because he didn’t get to have his attorney present for this interview. I’m not sure about whether he can appeal his sentence, but I’d rather the sentence be airtight, even if it seems unfair to everyone else. Who knows. Maybe it will set a precedent for other felons!

And if it’s any consolation, I’m not sure his attorney can “prevent him from going off the rails.” :)

Will he be drug tested?

No. Has nothing to do with his charges....2 Cents

They do not just test everyone willy nilly, there has to be a reason. Like the crime involves drugs or they are drug addicted and need to go to rehab, or are heavy drinkers, cops are suspicious person is using controled substances without a perscription....Etc.....

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larooca