Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, Websleuths is an amazing site and does a good job of keeping things civil. Unfortunately, the conspiracy theorists made a mess of Strain's case. To be fair, most of the theorists aren't on this site.

All of the talk of Riley being drugged, robbed, r$%^d, and murdered had a made-for-TV feel, although those events do happen. My main problem with this talk is it started before the reports were in. Now that the reports have been released, we can see how damaging those speculations were in hindsight. Those speculations and misinformation distracted from the real issues in this case, which is a shame.

Of course, the conspiracy theorists will continue to deny the facts in this case. That only sows distrust in coroners, law enforcement, and the justice system, which is detrimental to future cases.

Cannabis can cause psychosis and mania, especially in young adults, that could explain some irrational behaviour (like either at the bar or movements after the bar).
Can you provide any links to your assertion? I've only seen studies where it may be linked when those symptoms are only underlying in the first place. Is there any proof anywhere saying Riley consumed cannabis that night? Or that Riley experienced mania or psychosis at any point in his life? Cannabis remains detectable in the system far longer than any other drug, so while it might be in his system he could've consumed cannabis or CBD nearly a month before this incident. Are you suggesting Riley experienced mania and psychosis that night because it was induced by cannabis, cannabis he could've consumed days to weeks beforehand? I would certainly think we would need more info before jumping to that conclusion.

It's interesting to me that the family seems to want to believe it is foul play, but to me personally, I would think that would be even harder to deal with. I lost some love ones in a tragic accident, but it wasn't anyone's fault and they were having fun when they passed. If they had been murdered I think that would bring even more horrible emotions, like anger and thoughts of revenge into my already broken heart.

Riley Strain's Family Hires Lawyer After Toxicology Report Comes Back​

Even if foul play was responsible for Riley's death, I don't see how suing the university or the fraternity would help find out who caused his death.
There is nothing suspicious about Riley's death, imo, he just got unlucky that night. Drunk, separated from his friends in a strange city, unable to find his way back to the hotel, injuring himself in a fall that could have affected his thinking. It's all very tragic and also very common.

His parents are still at the stage of grieving their loss where they need to assign blame for Riley's death. It's a hard pill to swallow to entertain the fact Riley may have been the architect of his own misfortune. Thousands of people get wasted every week, maybe every day, drinking and using drugs and the large majority of them survive, no worse for wear. And that's such a hard thing to accept. Why my child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member