GA Asata Amun, 16, Buford/Sugar Hill, 1 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Nancy Drew RN

Reaction score
1717105197038.png 1717105209871.png1717105304977.png

The Gwinnett County Police Department needs the public’s help in locating a missing 16-year-old Buford teen.
Asata Amun was reported missing by her father. She is 5 feet 2 inches tall, weighs 115 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and black pants. She was last seen at her home on Westoak Court in Buford.
Call @stopcrimeatl at 404.577.8477 with any tips.

NamUs provides the additional detail that "Asata left home on the morning of February 1st with no cell phone or personal belongings." In contradiction to earlier reports, her clothing is described there as, "SHIRT: PINK AND WHITE LOND SLEEVE; PANTS/DRESS/SKIRT: PINK PAJAMA PANTS."

Interestingly, there are no comments on the PD's Facebook post claiming to know her or have any knowledge of the case. Westoak Ct is nice street with big houses about half a mile from North Gwinnett High School.

This girl has been missing for close to 4 months, and it's only now that word is getting out about her disappearance?? How sad. I hope that now that news is out about her that she'll be found safe, sooner than later.

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — The father of a missing 16-year-old girl is pleading for her return, saying she had been facing disciplinary issues before she disappeared more than three months ago.

Kwabena Amun said that his daughter, Asata Amun, has been missing since February 1. He says his video doorbell captured her running out of their home in Sugar Hill, seemingly headed towards a friend’s house. Unfortunately, Asata never made it to her friend’s home and has not been seen since.

The day before Asata went missing, she had gotten in trouble at North Gwinnett High School.

Amun said he had been exploring solutions, including the possibility of a military academy, which Asata opposed.

The next day, she ran out the door.

(More at link)

I want to know what the trouble was at school. How bad was it for him to look at sending her away to military school as an option? Had she been in trouble before?
There are so many kids missing in the metro area right now, and we have Miles Bryant on trial right ow for the murder/kidnapping of Susana Morales, also in Gwinnett County. I'm scared for our young people.
IMO

This girl has been missing for close to 4 months, and it's only now that word is getting out about her disappearance?? How sad. I hope that now that news is out about her that she'll be found safe, sooner than later.
I live in her area of Gwinnett County and this has been news in the area. She seems like a normal teen girl and I think everyone expected her to eventually come home. Since she didn't, I'm seeing more about her case on our local internet news sources. Her father has been pleading for her to come home. My heart breaks for him.

I live in her area of Gwinnett County and this has been news in the area. She seems like a normal teen girl and I think everyone expected her to eventually come home. Since she didn't, I'm seeing more about her case on our local internet news sources. Her father has been pleading for her to come home. My heart breaks for him.
They may have been talking about it down there, but I only heard about it a few days ago. I wish the media had gotten it out to the rest of the state faster. The first I had heard was from WSB the other day.

Come home, baby. I mean come home sweetheart. ? Maybe I'm overthinking. Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkogoose
Back