Identified! NY - Buffalo, Pauline & Kensington, NativeFem 20-25, 565UFNY, narrow nose, jogging suit, Mar'89 - Sonya Yvette Archie

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What do you think? Jane Doe face shape and features reminds me of 21 year old Kathryn Knox Zedick, missing in the same area since 1983. She does not have native features as it is described Jane Doe might have but as these were skeletal remains there might be margin for an error.

Kathryn has been added to namus just in 2019.
View attachment 223717 View attachment 223718

Buffalo Police seek help solving 36 year old cold case

To add: I have just checked google maps and it is about 14 min where Kathryn was last seen from where Jane Doe remains were found.

خرائط ‪Google

Kathryn websleuths thread - NY - NY - Kathryn Grace Zedick, 21, Buffalo, June 1, 1983 ‬‏‏‬‏‏
Was this submitted to Namus for comparisons to be made? I still don’t see her listed as a rule out. Will re-submit if necessary.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Could this Unidentified person be be The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Leichia Reilly
OR
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Kathryn Grace Knox Zedick?
Both Missing Persons went missing between 1983-1985. Unidentified was found in 1989, within a 15 mile radius of where both MP’s went missing. Thoughts? I know Kathryn has been mentioned previously and I have also resubmitted a request for comparison be made since I don’t yet see her on the rule out list.

IF Erie County Jane Doe 1989 is either of these ladies^, I’m leaning towards Kathryn Grace Knox Zedick now more than ever.

Here’s why:
ECJD 1989 was wearing a pair of thermals under her outfit. Leichia was last seen at a club, and that attire would be odd for a club night. However, Kathryn’s missing date is a guess. If she was not believed to leave the Buffalo area, but didn’t make regular contact, it’s possible she was homeless. Thermals would make more sense in that scenario.

#KathrynGraceZeddick
#ErieCountyJaneDoe1989

Requested comparison again since I do not yet see her on the rule out list.

She was identified as Sonya Yvette Archie.

View attachment 465672

A year after her disappearance in March of 1989 the Buffalo Police Department had discovered remains that were positively identified as Sonya's by Kensington Avenue and Pauline Place in Buffalo.

WS thread: NY - NY - Sonya Archie, 26, Buffalo, 9 September 1988

Well, the clay recon looked spot on like an AA woman . Happy Sonya got her name back.

"In 2022, the Buffalo Police Department submitted forensic evidence to Othram in The Woodlands, Texas. Othram scientists successfully developed a DNA extract from the forensic evidence and used Forensic-Grade Genome Sequencing® to build a comprehensive DNA profile for the woman. After successfully completing the process, the DNA profile was delivered to the FBI's forensic genetic genealogy team, who performed the necessary work to generate new investigative leads in the case.

Using this new information, a follow-up investigation was conducted leading investigators to potential relatives of the woman This investigation led to the positive identification of the woman as Sonya Yvette Archie. ''

The ancestry was as far off as possible. They thought she was anything but Black. Thank goodness for real science.
And the funny thing is that her clay recon showed very clearly AA features! They should have reconsidered even back then already. The clay was not pretty but actually quite spot on.

Sometimes the first ethnicity estimate sticks and is impossible to ever get rid of. That is the reason DNA is so important.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445
Back