MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part is, we wouldn't likely be here discussing this if the DA hadn't upped the charge to murder- which indicates intent to kill.
^^rsbm

IIRC, I believe the DA had initially charged KR appropriately. It was the grand jury that later upped the charge to murder and not the DA.

Four months later, on June 9, a grand jury indicted Read on charges of second-degree murder, vehicular manslaughter and leaving the scene of personal injury and death, according the indictment filed in Norfolk Count Superior Court.

Yes Aquarian, exactly….. and I full agree. And ‘door number three’ would be if proctor obtained them from someone else that should not have disclosed it to him? And depending on that source, perhaps they are criminally liable - which would open up other avenues perhaps IMO?

And also hoping that the investigation into proctor (and any others involved) is deep and thorough. IIRC I thought there was some reference to an ‘internal affairs’ investigation of perhaps proctor and / or others on that? Yet I’ve also seen reference to federal or possibly FBI involvement but not sure?

Do we know exactly what authorities are looking into proctor and other conduct in this case? MOO

This Boston25 News Online June 11, 2024 article entitled “Lead investigator reads his ‘unprofessional & regrettable’ texts on stand in Karen Read murder trial” cites a ‘State Police internal affairs investigation’:

Agree with all. Have also previously wondered if MP was aware that BH downloaded his phone or texts using a method that was illegal. Just pondering different things .

I don't think that model Lexus would use old-fashioned glass bulbs for taillights. Does any modern car?

I believe the "bulb" is a LED that's integrated into the taillight housing. Someone who knows more about this may correct me, but I believe you can see the LEDs still intact in the taillight that was removed from the car.
QUB47Z7KKFFD3GWVL24PSZTZOI.png
Oh - interesting! Thanks

I’m wondering though how big the “ not matching anything” glass was found on the bumper and what sort of debris usually ends up on a bumper
I may go for a walk later…and look at my neighbors with SUV’s bumpers

^^rsbm

IIRC, I believe the DA had initially charged KR appropriately. It was the grand jury that later upped the charge to murder and not the DA.

Four months later, on June 9, a grand jury indicted Read on charges of second-degree murder, vehicular manslaughter and leaving the scene of personal injury and death, according the indictment filed in Norfolk Count Superior Court.
I'm questioning what made them up it...

^^rsbm

Thanks Seattle1! And IMO a next question or two includes - one has to wonder what evidence was given to the Grand Jury from which they formed their conclusion? How did that information used differ from what the DA originally charged? And what information was not given to the GJ? MOO

Last edited:
Thanks Seattle1! And IMO a next question or two includes - one has to wonder what evidence was given to the Grand Jury from which they formed their conclusion? How did that information used differ from what the DA originally charge? And what information was not given to the GJ? MOO
Exactly, more of the same, received 'doctored' evidence, which we also know the bias and full speed ahead b.s finds from Proctor. Wonder what that jury thinks NOWWWW, the GRAND JURY PREVIOUSLY.

I'm questioning what made them up it...
For starters, as we've heard during the trial, it seems some of the witnesses told one account to Investigators, and when later subpoenaed before the grand jury, told a different account about what transpired around JO's death. That and where the defendant and their attorney are not present. JMO

Exactly, more of the same, received 'doctored' evidence, which we are also know the bias and full speed ahead b.s finds from Proctor. Wonder what that jury thinks NOWWWW, the GRAND JURY PREVIOUSLY.

I even wonder what the poor members of the Grand Jury think after watching this all unfold. Do you think they feel deceived and lied to? They must be watching this fiasco, IMO

I even wonder what the poor members of the Grand Jury think after watching this all unfold. Do you think they feel deceived and lied to? They must be watching this fiasco, IMO

Grand juries aren't necessarily unanimous and often don't have much info when decisions are made. Which is why ham sandwiches are constantly being indicted.

Just substitute it for "the state". Basically the same thing. Like a couple other of the early colonies and Kentucky, Massachusetts is a commonwealth rather than a state.

But state troopers are called "staties".
As in, OMG, the Staties were all over 495 when we were going to the cape on Saturday. (they park along the grass on the highways..;) )

They should since some of the testimony is completely different. In this case, the phones are wrong, Celebrite is wrong, Life360 is wrong, CW witnesses are testifying that what Proctor put in his report was wrong. Lots of faulty things here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper