Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

'Suspected serial killer Rex Heuermann’s lawyer defends ‘sadistic’ internet searches in Gilgo Beach case'​

I am so scared , my search history is so nasty. All the cases here and weird crap ,elsewhere or whatever... . I am a dirty dirty sleuther!
Also I know most of you are too!
Try not to take what angry Mikey Brown says personally.

What a cop out by Mr. Brown. I feel confident that most people’s search histories—even ours here—do not compare to what is on RH’s devices. And I’m sure it will be easy to tell that he didn’t end up where he did serendipitously. Boy bye.

What do ya all think about Brown/team believing RH when he claims that he didn't do any of these murders?

Is it possible that they still could ( if ever) believe him innocent after all the evidence the state has dropped on their heads?

Or do attorneys just repeat to the press what their client told them even when they themselves believe their client is guilty?

I've been thinking about the lawyers who have defended convicted serial killers and am coming to the conclusion that they know their client is guilty so they try and get the best plea deal possible and/or try for a mistrial on some kind of technology etc so delay,delay or do what they can meanwhile already knowing that a jury will find their client guilty which is what they're hoping for because they'd never want to see them out in the world again.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall during Brown/teams strategy sessions.

I am so scared , my search history is so nasty. All the cases here and weird crap ,elsewhere or whatever... . I am a dirty dirty sleuther!
Also I know most of you are too!
Try not to take what angry Mikey Brown says personally.
Right?
Brown left out the part that when our internet searches were investigated that none of us were under investigation for torturing then murdering women and then were criminally charged with the murders.
Silly boy.

What do ya all think about Brown/team believing RH when he claims that he didn't do any of these murders?

Is it possible that they still could ( if ever) believe him innocent after all the evidence the state has dropped on their heads?

Or do attorneys just repeat to the press what their client told them even when they themselves believe their client is guilty?

I've been thinking about the lawyers who have defended convicted serial killers and am coming to the conclusion that they know their client is guilty so they try and get the best plea deal possible and/or try for a mistrial on some kind of technology etc so delay,delay or do what they can meanwhile already knowing that a jury will find their client guilty which is what they're hoping for because they'd never want to see them out in the world again.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall during Brown/teams strategy sessions.
It doesn't matter what a defense attorney thinks with respect to a clients guilt. It only matters what their client tells them.

Except, RH may have known Bittrolff had just left both RT and CM and he may indeed have killed all three of the 93-94 women.
I've yet to hear anything about phone data from a cell phone that RH may have used for regular communications, like with AE or his brother and any guys that he could be involved with out East in shooting ranges, hunting etc.

Did RH also use burner phones for everyday talk and the prosecutors didn't find anything incriminating on them?

IIRC: Prosecutors have his business phone records.

Unless a connection can be made between RH & JB from either guy's defense lawyers or the teams of prosecutors all they have to go on is DNA from them and the victims?

Yes he does, but he hadn't seen any of the new evidence yet.
I can not even imagine what went through Brown's mind when he read that. I suppose the only logical route would be to argue that several people in the home had access to his computer. Good luck with that. If I were his defense attorney, my response to reading the latest bail hearing doc would be to immediately look for mitigating factors in terms of the his sentencing, but hell, the death penalty isn't even on the table here, and digital and forensic evidence is already going to sink him for the Gilgo 4 , imo. I don't believe for a second that Tierney would agree to cut any kind of meaningful deal, unless it was something like, " Tell you what, if your client agrees to tell us about additional victims, we'll see about getting him real butter after his sentencing."

Last edited:
Can we have a decoding weird things said by anyone in the case thread? Thats where we need to put the butter and the bird and whatever else that slides and flys. Please?
I am starting to feel like I need Tiger King to explain the verbiage.

Can we have a decoding weird things said by anyone in the case thread? Thats where we need to put the butter and the bird and whatever else that slides and flys. Please?
I am starting to feel like I need Tiger King to explain the verbiage.
Butter = RH complained, in letter to Happy Face Killer , that he doesn't get butter to go with his bread in jail.

(Wahhhhhh !! )

I can not even imagine what went through Brown's mind when he read that. I suppose the only logical route would be to argue that several people in the home had access to his computer. Good luck with that. If I were his defense attorney, my response to reading the latest bail hear doc would be to immediately look for mitigating factors in terms of the his sentencing, but hell, the death penalty isn't even on the table here, and digital and forensic evidence is already going to sink him for the Gilgo 4 , imo. I don't believe for a second that Tierney would agree to cut any kind of meaningful deal, unless it was something like, " Tell you what, if your client agrees to tell us about additional victims, we'll see about getting him real butter after his sentencing."
BMM: LOL!
Great post.

To butter up RH for negotiating Tierney can lay this on the table.

I can not even imagine what went through Brown's mind when he read that. I suppose the only logical route would be to argue that several people in the home had access to his computer. Good luck with that. If I were his defense attorney, my response to reading the latest bail hearing doc would be to immediately look for mitigating factors in terms of the his sentencing, but hell, the death penalty isn't even on the table here, and digital and forensic evidence is already going to sink him for the Gilgo 4 , imo. I don't believe for a second that Tierney would agree to cut any kind of meaningful deal, unless it was something like, " Tell you what, if your client agrees to tell us about additional victims, we'll see about getting him real butter after his sentencing."
I would accept giving him a pat of butter for his bread in exchange for a list of all his victims, and I would expect all the families and communities would too.

jmo

A spokesperson for the Peconic River Sportsman’s Club confirmed to Team 12 Investigates that Heuermann was not a member, but that he did participate in a few high-powered rifle events.
The events were specific safety programs, called SAFS, that focus on gun safety and marksmanship for legal competition. They are sanctioned by the Civilian Marksmanship Program, a club spokesperson said.

The club confirmed Heuermann attended a competition in April 2009. About three months later in July 2009, he allegedly killed his fourth Gilgo Beach victim, Melissa Barthelemy.

More photos show Heuermann back at the club for another SAFS event in April 2010. In June and September of that year, police said he killed two more women—Megan Waterman and Amber Costello.

I’m finally caught up here. At one point I was 30 pages behind. In between trying to catch up, I was looking at the older UID and ID’d cases that would definitely fit into RH’s history. I am more than a little sure that the Commonwealth of Virginia should look into the murder of Alicia Showalter (1996) and the disappearance of Samantha Clarke (Sept. 15, 2010) and the disappearance of Sage Smith a trans woman out of Charlottesville, VA.

“Samantha Ann Clarke is described as being 5’4” tall and weighing about 145 lbs. at the time of her disappearance. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She also has a Playboy bunny tattoo on her right arm, a Tigger tattoo on her right ankle, and two dolphin tattoos on her lower back.”
She was last seen with Randy Taylor and other men. Taylor has long been a suspect but given what may be the case that RH is a hunter who may stalk individuals and kill them right after being with someone else, I’d still consider him b/c Orange County VA includes Rt 15 and the Culpepper area. So, another straight shot to momma’s Palmyra home. Also the date she went missing is right after Amber was murdered.

Dashad "Sage" Smith was just 19-years-old when she vanished on Nov. 20, 2012.

She was last seen at around 6:30 p.m. on West Main Street. Her disappearance was initially classified as a missing persons case, but a few years later, it was changed to a homicide.
Ok, I’m working on a theory: After murders in NY, could RH have headed to his mother’s house in Palmyra, VA?

Alicia Showalter Reynolds disappeared on March 2nd, 1996.
That was just after Karen Vergata disappeared and before his April wedding to pregnant AE.

Samantha Clarke (Orange County, VA) disappeared on September 12, 2010 just after Amber Costello was murdered. Samantha has never been found.

Sage Smith (Charlottesville, VA) disappeared, never to be found, on November 20, 2012. Do we know of any NY cases that occurred around that time that would fit with RH?

Do any UID or known murder victims happen in LI around 11/20/2012 that fit RH?

I wonder if RH was present at either of these events in April 2008 (Peconic and/or Camp Smith)

U.S. SERVICE RIFLE SMALL ARMS FIRING SCHOOLS(SAFS)SATURDAY & SUNDAY, April 12 & 13, 2008 at CAMP SMITHPEEKSKILL, NY- or -SATURDAY & SUNDAY, April 26 & 27, 2008 at the PECONICRIVER SPORTSMAN'S CLUB, MANORVILLE, NYSponsored by theNEW YORK STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOCIATION (NYSRPA)Approved by theCIVILIAN MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAM (CMP)For the benefit ofTHE NEW YORK STATE JUNIOR HIGH POWER RIFLE TEAMA part of the proceeds from this event will be donated to theNYSRPA Junior Rifle ProgramSAFS TIMES: SATURDAY 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Seminar PhaseSUNDAY 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Range FiringStudents should arrive not later than 7:30 A.M. each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay