Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I’m working on a theory: After murders in NY, could RH have headed to his mother’s house in Palmyra, VA?

Alicia Showalter Reynolds disappeared on March 2nd, 1996.
That was just after Karen Vergata disappeared and before his April wedding to pregnant AE.

Samantha Clarke (Orange County, VA) disappeared on September 12, 2010 just after Amber Costello was murdered. Samantha has never been found.

Sage Smith (Charlottesville, VA) disappeared, never to be found, on November 20, 2012. Do we know of any NY cases that occurred around that time that would fit with RH?

Do any UID or known murder victims happen in LI around 11/20/2012 that fit RH?

I wonder if RH was present at either of these events in April 2008 (Peconic and/or Camp Smith)

U.S. SERVICE RIFLE SMALL ARMS FIRING SCHOOLS(SAFS)SATURDAY & SUNDAY, April 12 & 13, 2008 at CAMP SMITHPEEKSKILL, NY- or -SATURDAY & SUNDAY, April 26 & 27, 2008 at the PECONICRIVER SPORTSMAN'S CLUB, MANORVILLE, NYSponsored by theNEW YORK STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOCIATION (NYSRPA)Approved by theCIVILIAN MARKSMANSHIP PROGRAM (CMP)For the benefit ofTHE NEW YORK STATE JUNIOR HIGH POWER RIFLE TEAMA part of the proceeds from this event will be donated to theNYSRPA Junior Rifle ProgramSAFS TIMES: SATURDAY 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Seminar PhaseSUNDAY 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Range FiringStudents should arrive not later than 7:30 A.M. each day.

On the calendar excerpt from RH's Palm Pilot, there is also a notation for 5-6 pm on Monday, July 21, 2003 about a "PPC Match" (Police Pistol Combat) but does not indicate where.

From page 14 of the June 6, 2024 Superseding Bail Application document:
1718148654248.png

as far as looking at shooting ranges/places to shoot, gun shows, tournaments, places that teach instructor classes, I have found this website both helpful and overwhelming. I have the parameters set for a 50 mile radius of rh's zip code 11762. also to be noted, while long island seems very isolated from Connecticut, there are multiple cross long island sound ferry points that connect the north shore to CT and R.I. Rockland and northern Westchester counties (above White Plains/TZ bridge) are about an hour and a half away (weekend traffic but can definitely be higher). mind you, this is a guy who seemingly spent a lot of time driving around for work and probably wouldn't be dissuaded by a long ride.

another note about the pictures already posted. someone noted he was wearing dress shoes. going to or coming from work? why would he not at least change into boots? was he supposed to be there? Just some thoughts.

NRA clubs/resources

On the calendar excerpt from RH's Palm Pilot, there is also a notation for 5-6 pm on Monday, July 21, 2003 about a "PPC Match" (Police Pistol Combat) but does not indicate where.

View attachment 509600

Yes! ;) I kinda' mentioned Camp Smith (and there was discussion of Palm Pilot info/Peconic/Derek) back here:

A spokesperson for the Peconic River Sportsman’s Club confirmed to Team 12 Investigates that Heuermann was not a member, but that he did participate in a few high-powered rifle events.
The events were specific safety programs, called SAFS, that focus on gun safety and marksmanship for legal competition. They are sanctioned by the Civilian Marksmanship Program, a club spokesperson said.

The club confirmed Heuermann attended a competition in April 2009. About three months later in July 2009, he allegedly killed his fourth Gilgo Beach victim, Melissa Barthelemy.

More photos show Heuermann back at the club for another SAFS event in April 2010. In June and September of that year, police said he killed two more women—Megan Waterman and Amber Costello.

Great ! So can some reporter please ask this club spokesman if John Bittrolff was ever a member ?

Yes! ;) I kinda' mentioned Camp Smith (and there was discussion of Palm Pilot info/Peconic/Derek) back here:

Sorry - I am dropping in and out. (Doing a whole house remodel long distance and frequently have to focus on that.)

Did your mention go any further than that? I've been searching but cannot find any calendars that might help identify where that PPC Match was, but so far no luck.

As I understand, only members of LE are eligible to participate in PPC matches. So what might have been RH's role? Observer? Assist in some way? NRA Safety Officer? Judge?

View attachment 509600
Well, guilty as charged when it comes to Jessica Taylor's murder.

She was murdered in that week.

View attachment 509600
So Derek in town 11 days no note of taking back to airport seems a long time to cut posts on bandsaw considering he is a woodworker.

I've yet to hear anything about phone data from a cell phone that RH may have used for regular communications, like with AE or his brother and any guys that he could be involved with out East in shooting ranges, hunting etc.

Did RH also use burner phones for everyday talk and the prosecutors didn't find anything incriminating on them?

IIRC: Prosecutors have his business phone records.

Unless a connection can be made between RH & JB from either guy's defense lawyers or the teams of prosecutors all they have to go on is DNA from them and the victims?
I’m sure they have that info but aren’t going to release everything at this point.

View attachment 509600
He certainly kept his own schedule lighter while his wife and kids were away

1718153049169.png
Katherine Ramsland Ph.D. 2023 rbbm
''Why Jesperson needed to alert a podcaster that he'd undertaken this correspondence reveals the first reason for such an exchange: Jesperson wants attention. It's been a while since he's had some notoriety. He explained he likes mentoring newly accused killers, but if that were his reason, he wouldn't need to inform the media.
''Jesperson had urged him to confess and get it over with rather than go to trial.
Yet, he ignored the advice. To date, he's confessed to nothing.''

Sorry - I am dropping in and out. (Doing a whole house remodel long distance and frequently have to focus on that.)

Did your mention go any further than that? I've been searching but cannot find any calendars that might help identify where that PPC Match was, but so far no luck.

As I understand, only members of LE are eligible to participate in PPC matches. So what might have been RH's role? Observer? Assist in some way? NRA Safety Officer? Judge?

Whole house remodel is exciting (and a lot of work/worry). It's a very valid reason not to even have the chance to glance at anything else! I'm not working on anything and miss posts constantly. (no excuse here)

I haven't done additional research. I assume he was a member of the Civilian Marksmanship Program which doesn't require LE eligibility.

ETA: I am curious about any National Guard or VA affiliations with RH

Last edited:
Also Amity meeting Is that for alcohol and drugs
Or to find people who have these issues?
I read it as a business related meeting in Amityville or relating to a project in Amityville. My old boss in property management often had later meetings and his calendar would say, for example, Bronxville meeting if that's where it was being held.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95