Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we also have to pump the brakes a bit because RH hasn't been charged with the murder of Karen Vergata ( not yet, anyway ) . If he can't be charged with Vergata's death, all of this is meaningless anyway.

JMO
Oh,I see, so no trying to vet any claims /so-called evidence about victims who don't have their accused indicted murderer sitting in jail.

Oh,I see, so no trying to vet any claims /so-called evidence about victims who don't have their accused indicted murderer sitting in jail.
I'm not in the habit of telling grown ups how to spend their time, and that was not the point I was trying to make at all. LE can, and should, vet any and all information they deem relevant. But until they are able to actually charge RH with the murder of Karen Vergata , a sworn affidavit is pretty meaningless.

IMO

i understand anyone having pause about JR. you have to walk a tight line of being respectful, fair, aggressive in your search for the truth, but sensitive to all sort of road blocks etc etc and he doesn't always get it right... but i remember at JR's last presser about the swinger stuff and who was standing right beside him.

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 8.37.42 PM.png

i understand anyone having pause about JR. you have to walk a tight line of being respectful, fair, aggressive in your search for the truth, but sensitive to all sort of road blocks etc etc and he doesn't always get it right... but i remember at JR's last presser about the swinger stuff and who was standing right beside him.

View attachment 509881
Do you remember Rodney Harrison saying that LE hadn't thoroughly vetted all the information at that point ? I ask in all sincerity, because many people don't seem to recall that at all.

Do you remember Rodney Harrison saying that LE hadn't thoroughly vetted all the information at that point ? I ask in all sincerity, because many people don't seem to recall that at all.
no offense taken! :) that had honestly slipped my mind and that's a good point. optically i think they wanted to emphasize their strategy of investigating every angle

I'm not in the habit of telling grown ups how to spend their time, and that was not the point I was trying to make at all. LE can, and should, vet any and all information they deem relevant. But until they are able to actually charge RH with the murder of Karen Vergata , a sworn affidavit is pretty meaningless.

IMO

I don't think John Ray expected them to charge RH with her murder based only on the affidavit he supplied to the prosecution. His intent has been to raise these questions, interview these witnesses who came forward on their own and encourage Suffolk County DA's office to continue investigating and interview witnesses who have information.

John Ray is an attorney. He's knowledgeable about what prosecutors need and he knows they can't charge anyone based on the witness affidavit. His concern is that the DA's office not brush off these witnesses when they call, but interview them and investigate further based on that information. Apparently, Tierney's office did follow up on that particular witnesses' account. Previously, when she had submitted the tip to police, no one ever returned the call. The DA's office ignored a lot of relevant tips in the past that would have caught RH much sooner.

i am honestly not trying to make light of anything but i'm curious to who writes a press release like this other than a tech savvy teen in 2001? that font color is OFFENSIVE
He's not doing it to impress people on social media. He doesn't have the budget for a professional PR agency. I think it looks fine. It's clear and concise. JMO

Last edited:
Ironically, I don’t see RH connected to Shannan. I think her death was as sad and tragic as just getting lost in that swamp. It would be too much of a coincidence that she died that death while escaping RH. Although she was escaping a couple of guys who were up to no good (Brewer and Paks). If Paks had done the job he was hired for (Shannan’s driver) she wouldn’t have died. He abandoned her.
I don't see any room to doubt that Shannan was murdered.

She did not drown. She was face up. There is a way to prove drowning from bone tissue, and SCPD pointedly chose not to attempt to prove drowning. It wasn't that cold. It was easy to see out of the bramble.

She called 911. She said there were people after her. She is heard trying to be forced out of Brewers house, but she is afraid to leave. After what sounds like a struggle, Shannan screams and runs out of the house. She bangs on several doors. The phone goes dead. She is last reported seen by Barbara B. It is getting light. Everybody claims to just go on with their day like nothing happened. Oak Beach residents give absurd, conflicting stories about what happened, including calling Shannan's mother then denying it, only to admit it when the call was proven. The police refuse to release the 911 call for years, but do write Newsday with false information about its contents. When the call is finally released, LE give a press conference misrepresenting still its contents. It's contents is clearly a series of events just before a murder, or at the very least a recording of people trying to deliver Shannan to harm and accidentally killing her in the process of trying to do so.

I agree Pak did not protect Shannan that night. I agree that we don't have a way to connect that evening to Rex Heuermann.

MOO

He's not doing it to impress people on social media. He doesn't have the budget for a professional PR agency. I think it looks fine. It's clear and concise.
moo i don't need to be impressed, but black font times new roman size 12 is what most document softwares default to and is typically the most readable

John Ray also showed up not long after the DA did to RH's house while LE were extracting things from the house last week.

He is not only Shannan Gilbert family's lawyer, but a lawyer for other victims of RH.

That said. John Ray made it clear Gilbert didn't get lost in a swamp and died. Her neck was broken BEFORE she was found in the swamp and had a hole drilled through her head

There was a hole drilled in her hyoid bone. Just a helpful, minor correction. There's a lot of information at the link below about the second autopsy that was done on Shannan.

“Her neck was broken BEFORE she was found in the swamp and had a hole drilled through her head……
The part of her neck that was broken was the Hyoid bone. It is very common for this bone to detach when a body becomes a skeleton. It simply detaches. It is also true that this bone can be manually detached during a strangulation. It was this same bone that had the 3/16 hole in it. That doesn’t surprise me for such a small delicate bone that laid outdoors through several seasons. It is not as if there was a hole drilled through Shannan’s head. And John Ray doesn’t even mention that Shannan had a partial metal jaw. That hole could have been formed during that operation.
But I will give John Ray all the credit for getting the 911 call released. It is still hard for me to believe that actually happened after all we went through years ago!

View attachment 509881
I always wondered if Harrison was there to rein JR in if he started to cross a line. Just a thought.

I think we also have to pump the brakes a bit because RH hasn't been charged with the murder of Karen Vergata ( not yet, anyway ) . If he can't be charged with Vergata's death, all of this is meaningless anyway.

JMO
<modsnip>

I, for one, am of the opinion that there are very good reasons to speculate that Rex may be tied to Karen's murder. I don't think this is a runaway train.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
The part of her neck that was broken was the Hyoid bone. It is very common for this bone to detach when a body becomes a skeleton. It simply detaches. It is also true that this bone can be manually detached during a strangulation. It was this same bone that had the 3/16 hole in it. That doesn’t surprise me for such a small delicate bone that laid outdoors through several seasons. It is not as if there was a hole drilled through Shannan’s head. And John Ray doesn’t even mention that Shannan had a partial metal jaw. That hole could have been formed during that operation.
But I will give John Ray all the credit for getting the 911 call released. It is still hard for me to believe that actually happened after all we went through years ago!

Respectfully, I wanted to point out that the ME who conducted the second autopsy did think there was something unusual about her hyoid bone, etc.

IMO
Yet without LP's sworn affidavit was LE looking into RH and Karen?
Had they even considered trying to see if there was a DNA connection?
Did LE ever consider looking to see if Asa was out of town around Valentine's Day 1996?
Did LE ever consider looking to see what date Rex married Asa, was it after the news broke that partial remains (Jane Doe #7-Fire Island) aka Karen Vergata had been found on Fire Island on April 20,1996 so they;d be married and she couldn't be compelled to testify against him.
LP put Karen Vergata back in the LE spotlight and for that I know I'm grateful no matter the outcome.

Last edited:
i am honestly not trying to make light of anything but i'm curious to who writes a press release like this other than a tech savvy teen in 2001? that font color is OFFENSIVE
Honestly, it’s probably better than anything I can do. I’m not a savvy person around computers or technology. I’m not interested in how it looks, but rather it’s content, IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member