Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting and I believe the accused would not of required fingerprinting (except due to his profession or possible handgun licenses). I have Cat D & E for control of feral animals on my rural mixed bush nature conservation property. I don't hunt anywhere else except if I have to euthanase a roo, wombat etc hit by a car. I got my license 10-12 years ago in Vic and fingerprinting was definitely not required then. The accused is a long time hunter, he likely would've first got his license way before me. I assume the requirements have changed since then however when someone's license is expiring and needs renewal the new conditions likely apply so perhaps he did undergo fingerprinting. When renewing one has to be detailed and meticulous with all documentation and restate/confirm all previous info, data etc There are also random official checks that occur to ensure a license holder is storing firearms to exact safety regulations.

He had a lot of weapons, until the police seized them .... he may have required fingerprints to be on file for some of them. IIRC when I looked at the categories (there is a VicPol list of them) semi-automatics and automatics needed fingerprints to be kept on file. And "General Category" handguns require fingerprints.

Dozens of weapons, including knives, firearms, swords and a pickaxe, were seized from the Caroline Springs home of Gregory Lynn, 56, on November 22, 2021
Weapons allegedly seized from Mr Lynn’s home include a semiautomatic pistol, two Ruger revolvers, a Winchester semiautomatic rifle, two 12-gauge shotguns, two lever-action rifles, 23 knives, two swords, two hatchets, a pickaxe and “numerous” metal cases of ammunition.

Here is the VicPol info about it .... Apply for a new firearm licence

Last edited:
Yes, he must have incredible hearing it seems

Also seems strange how RH knew exactly where to go to get his gun, and why only take the one gun and not both?

IMO
If Lynn has such incredible hearing I would imagine he wouldn’t need to turn up his music so loud.. and does he wear ear muffs when shooting?

He had a lot of weapons, until the police seized them .... he may have required fingerprints to be on file for some of them. IIRC when I looked at the categories (there is a VicPol list of them) semi-automatics and automatics needed fingerprints to be kept on file. And "General Category" handguns require fingerprints.

Dozens of weapons, including knives, firearms, swords and a pickaxe, were seized from the Caroline Springs home of Gregory Lynn, 56, on November 22, 2021
Weapons allegedly seized from Mr Lynn’s home include a semiautomatic pistol, two Ruger revolvers, a Winchester semiautomatic rifle, two 12-gauge shotguns, two lever-action rifles, 23 knives, two swords, two hatchets, a pickaxe and “numerous” metal cases of ammunition.

Here is the VicPol info about it .... Apply for a new firearm licence
Thanks, I'd forgotten about the large cache of assortments. Handy for the wild west club.

One of the two detectives involved in the interview, described Lynn as “meticulous” but asked him why he did not decide to “tell the coppers what the go is” rather than making “100 more decisions about what I’m going to do”. “We’re all different, we’re all different,” Lynn responded.

Link

Sure, we’re all different, but most people value human lives. For a few, it’s just another day at the office so to speak, so he made a list of tasks to do.

One of the two detectives involved in the interview, described Lynn as “meticulous” but asked him why he did not decide to “tell the coppers what the go is” rather than making “100 more decisions about what I’m going to do”. “We’re all different, we’re all different,” Lynn responded.

Link

Sure, we’re all different, but most people value human lives. For a few, it’s just another day at the office so to speak, so he made a list of tasks to do.
If he was really that meticulous and he was telling the truth why leave guns unsecured and loaded? Why not call cops straight away so the evidence would completely tally with his account of these unfortunate “accidents”?

IMO he didn’t consider calling police because he knew he was guilty… Hence the only options worth being meticulous about were how to cover up his involvement?

:rolleyes::oops:

The deaths happened at Russell and Carols camp site, not at Greg Lynns camp site.
Incorrect, he clearly says in his testimony that he took the gun back to his car, put it back inside before RH came at him with a knife. Had to be back at GLs camp site.

"He told the jury he was “scared shitless” and grabbed the barrel when he saw it poking over the car’s bullbar. As the two men wrestled it discharged, killing Ms Clay.

Mr Lynn said he seized the gun, firing the last round in the air, and had locked it in his car when Mr Hill attacked with a knife.

On his account, the two men fell to the ground and the knife pierced Mr Hill’s chest."

To clarify, this is his version of events.
The Crown claim he killed both of them at the RH/CC camp which is where he lit the fire.
If RH had indeed died back at GLs camp there would have been blood and DNA everywhere...

Realistically who would fight with an elderly man purportedly in pyjamas allegedly stealing your loaded gun from the car to report you for not properly securing the same to police at 9-10pm at night? Very clearly he wasn’t going to report anything at that time of night…. Why not try to calm and appease him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow