NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
They're still in the identification process with those remains presumably? Saw some comments on FB that said there was/is a homeless camp around that area, so people were speculating it could be a homeless person's remains. Some were hoping it was Ryan Larsen. Nobody mentioned JJ.

On the eve of this anniversary, Omaha received quite a little hailstorm. The butterfly effect that kicked off JJs series of events.

Hopefully this link shows you some of the amazing pictures taken last night.

I always think of Jason when the College World Series action is going on. I was in Omaha for the CWS in 2001 when he vanished. I hope his family get some answers some day. Such a cruel thing inflicted on them. Jason's vanishing is one of the most mysterious events of all time.
Ive forgotten now, what events were happening that day or upcoming around June 13, 2001 in Omaha, NE, anything much

It was just the typical festivities centered around the College World Series, which is played every June in Omaha, NE. They have a new stadium now, but back in 2001, it was played at Rosenblatt Stadium. I'm not sure where that is in relation to Jason's home. The event is really great and it draws a lot of fans from the various colleges that participate.

It was just the typical festivities centered around the College World Series, which is played every June in Omaha, NE. They have a new stadium now, but back in 2001, it was played at Rosenblatt Stadium. I'm not sure where that is in relation to Jason's home. The event is really great and it draws a lot of fans from the various colleges that participate.
I looked it up on google maps, and Rosenblatt Stadium is 14 minutes by car from Benson High, southeast of it.

The new stadium is much closer to Jason's home than the old. Rosenblatt was by the Zoo in South Omaha. Charles Schwab Fields is North of downtown. All of Omaha sees and uptick in business because it fills the hotels for a 15-20 mile radius. People still like to visit the Zoo, Old Market and maybe Boystown while they are here.

Though there supposedly and issue with human trafficking at that time, I am not aware of any arrest. All large events in all large cities attract that activity, and the police distribute instructions on how to spot someone in trouble. This rarely effects people in the home town. The people in trouble are usually trafficked in.

There was a strange coincidence that happened on June 13, 2001. Accused killer of Kenyatta Bush, in 1992, was released from jail. Two men were originally found guilty. One died in prison. It was determined later that the one who died acted alone. Many disputed this. There was a bit of an uproar about that.

The new stadium is much closer to Jason's home than the old. Rosenblatt was by the Zoo in South Omaha. Charles Schwab Fields is North of downtown. All of Omaha sees and uptick in business because it fills the hotels for a 15-20 mile radius. People still like to visit the Zoo, Old Market and maybe Boystown while they are here.

Though there supposedly and issue with human trafficking at that time, I am not aware of any arrest. All large events in all large cities attract that activity, and the police distribute instructions on how to spot someone in trouble. This rarely effects people in the home town. The people in trouble are usually trafficked in.

There was a strange coincidence that happened on June 13, 2001. Accused killer of Kenyatta Bush, in 1992, was released from jail. Two men were originally found guilty. One died in prison. It was determined later that the one who died acted alone. Many disputed this. There was a bit of an uproar about that.
I remember vaguely reading that about the coincidence, not sure if it was noted on this thread before, but was it entirely ruled out as possibly having anything to do with JJs disappearance (my question mark isnt working lol)

I remember vaguely reading that about the coincidence, not sure if it was noted on this thread before, but was it entirely ruled out as possibly having anything to do with JJs disappearance (my question mark isnt working lol)
That was one of my earlier wild speculations 2016, unsure if it was ultimately discounted or not, but i expect that it would be, never expected it to pop up again, lol!, imo.

That was one of my earlier wild speculations 2016, unsure if it was ultimately discounted or not, but i expect that it would be, never expected it to pop up again, lol!, imo.
ok dotr, thanks! will read it, so long ago forgot if i did lol!

ok dotr, thanks! will read it, so long ago forgot if i did lol!
Well, that was interesting, reading those posts from 2016. Dont know how I missed them, maybe it was before I was properly following this case. I think that the release of that man on death row was a coincidence, and didnt have to do with Jasons disappearance, IMO. But it was worth mentioning anyways, dotr!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back