Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He repeatedly stated as a fact that VH looked at the images he showed, that is misinformation. I just explained that there's no evidence that VH was even using Tumblr when the images were posted in 2023. If he had shown images that were actually posted to accounts she followed at the time she was active, 2020 and earlier, he could make a point that she "could have" seen them. That would be an inference within the realm of possibility. Instead he lied stating as a matter of fact she looked at those exact pictures which is highly unlikely. I have seen proof of pictures she did "like" they are cartoon animals, wonder why he didn't show those?
I'm pretty certain JR did his homework!
MOO.

JR's ex-law partner Vess Mitev's response:

"We don’t typically respond to frivolous sideshows, but we had to because the reputation and the character of these two young children who I represent is unimpeachable. This man is cosplaying as an attorney.”

“There’s zero evidence to substantiate that,” Mitev told reporters. “What you’ve heard from an attorney representing someone that’s in no way shape or form linked in reality with alleged acts was reckless and defamatory. We don’t typically respond to frivolous sideshows, but we had to because the reputation and the character of these two young children who I represent is unimpeachable. This man is cosplaying as an attorney.”

Mitev also indicated that Ray could be sued for defamation, although added “We don’t believe he has sufficient assets to cover any verdict that we would assuredly obtain for defamation.”

Mitev also called the two adults "these two young children" Really????? Talk about misinformation!

How convenient they don't believe he has sufficient assets to cover a verdict.

This guy is unbelievable IMO.

Last edited:
I haven't gone back and listened but IIRC early in the PC, JR said, "I'll just let you draw your own inferences." (if not a direct quote it's very close).

jmo
Well, he did say that, but nonetheless John Ray drew some inferences for us....and a lot of people don't like them.

Nobody has to like his inferences.

There is no reason to believe any facts or information are wrong.

John Ray has not been wrong with facts and inform my knowledge.

Rodney Harrison partnered with John Ray as he made the extremely effective task force, identified a suspect, surveilled him and arrested him with 3 murder charges all in a few short months. The bodies had been found a decade earlier.

There are people who want to learn all about LISK and the dynamics behind letting the case go cold. Those people welcome information. Those people recognize the value of John Ray.

MOO

Well, he did say that, but nonetheless John Ray drew some inferences for us....and a lot of people don't like them.

Nobody has to like his inferences.

There is no reason to believe any facts or information are wrong.

John Ray has not been wrong with facts and inform my knowledge.

Rodney Harrison partnered with John Ray as he made the extremely effective task force, identified a suspect, surveilled him and arrested him with 3 murder charges all in a few short months. The bodies had been found a decade earlier.

There are people who want to learn all about LISK and the dynamics behind letting the case go cold. Those people welcome information. Those people recognize the value of John Ray.

MOO

John Ray theorized that someone had drilled a neat hole through Shannan Gilbert's thyoid. He claimed that "they don't even know" what caused the hole, even though the ME report clearly stated that it may have been caused by a cyst. The ME who Ray hired to carry out an independent review did not dispute this. In fact, he didn't even mention the hole at all.

Two ME's saw nothing suspicious about the hole, yet John ran with the drill theory.

“There’s zero evidence to substantiate that,” Mitev told reporters. “What you’ve heard from an attorney representing someone that’s in no way shape or form linked in reality with alleged acts was reckless and defamatory. We don’t typically respond to frivolous sideshows, but we had to because the reputation and the character of these two young children who I represent is unimpeachable. This man is cosplaying as an attorney.”

Mitev also indicated that Ray could be sued for defamation, although added “We don’t believe he has sufficient assets to cover any verdict that we would assuredly obtain for defamation.”

Mitev also called the two adults "these two young children" Really????? Talk about misinformation!

How convenient they don't believe he has sufficient assets to cover a verdict.

This guy is unbelievable IMO.
VH 27 and CS 33

I'm pretty certain JR did his homework!
MOO.
The only homework he did was scouring Tumblr for images with any resemblance to the Gilgo Beach murders. The connection between VH and the images he showed does not exist.
Imagine you used a site like Twitter up 'till 2020 but quit or lost your password. In 2024 I'm looking for dirt on you for whatever reason, I find out that someone in your follow list since 2018 because you liked one of their posts of a cartoon ended up posting an gory horror image in 2023. Is it reasonable for me to say that you sought out and looked at that gory horror image even though you hadn't logged into the site since 2020?

Johnnie W. Mask and Gregory P. Isaacs spoke to Newsweek about what it was like to defend an accused serial killer and gave their perspectives on alleged Gilgo killer Rex Heuermann's case.

"It was basically seven, eight years out of my life and practice, but it was not a bad experience," Mask said.

Mask represented Charles Cullen, who admitted to murdering 40 people in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and some believe he could have hundreds of victims. Through his job as a nurse, Cullen gave patients a fatal dose of medication in their IVs.

He pleaded guilty to killing 13 patients and to attempting to kill two others in New Jersey in April 2004. He pleaded guilty to murdering three more the following month. In November 2004, he pleaded guilty to murdering six patients and trying to kill three others in Pennsylvania. He is currently serving 18 consecutive life sentences at New Jersey State Prison in Trenton.

Isaacs represented Thomas Huskey, who was accused of murdering four women in Tennessee in 1992, during two trials. Both resulted in a hung jury for the murder charges and the case was ultimately dismissed. Prior to the murder trial, Huskey was convicted on several rape charges and sentenced to 64 years in prison.

"The dynamic that I had with four capital homicides, it's a tremendous amount of work because if they're being tried together, which in my case they were, you're basically doing four capital cases at the same time," Isaac said

"I have done and do a lot of high-profile cases, but when you have the specter of a serial killer, this may sound cliche, but it almost adds a chill to the courtroom," Isaacs said. "So it's a very different dynamic and electricity that until you've been there, literally it's hard to describe."

"There's the media frenzy. The public, for whatever reason, good or bad, appears to be captivated by the fact that there was a serial killer in their community," Isaacs said.

"I think it gets attention because of the rarity of the situation," Mask said. "There's not that many serial killers around, and people are curious about what would make a person commit these crimes and they want to see what's going on in the heads of individuals that [do] these things."

The defense in Huskey's case included dissociative identity disorder, which Isaacs said increased public interest in the proceedings.

Word Document Rex Heuermann

Rex Heuermann, the alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer, made a list of notes. The evidence was found in March. Court documents
:( :mad:
"If the accused serial killer has a spouse, people often wonder if they were aware of their partner's alleged illegal activities, according to Isaacs.

"If you're the spouse, obviously you don't want to be an accessory after the fact," Isaacs said. "If you did know, you would have placed yourself in significant legal peril and legal jeopardy. I think that adds to what's going to be racing through this jury's mind as they hear about this double life."

Mask shared some skepticism about the wife's knowledge of Heuermann's alleged crimes.

"She lived in the house and supposedly, he did all of these things in the house when she was out of town. I don't know what out of town means, but it's tough to live with a partner and not observe changes in the house when you come back. You can just sort of sense," Mask said.

Mask explained that prosecutors could use Ellerup to get Heuermann to confess to the crimes he's accused of.

"They might, somewhere down the road, threaten to put charges on her to try to put pressure on Rex to admit to these things and plead guilty," Mask said.

Earlier this week, an attorney for potential victims of Heuermann, John Ray, alleged his daughter Victoria Heuermann made and viewed "sadistic" artwork mirroring the crimes her father is accused of.'

"If the accused serial killer has a spouse, people often wonder if they were aware of their partner's alleged illegal activities, according to Isaacs.

"If you're the spouse, obviously you don't want to be an accessory after the fact," Isaacs said. "If you did know, you would have placed yourself in significant legal peril and legal jeopardy. I think that adds to what's going to be racing through this jury's mind as they hear about this double life."

Mask shared some skepticism about the wife's knowledge of Heuermann's alleged crimes.

"She lived in the house and supposedly, he did all of these things in the house when she was out of town. I don't know what out of town means, but it's tough to live with a partner and not observe changes in the house when you come back. You can just sort of sense," Mask said.

Mask explained that prosecutors could use Ellerup to get Heuermann to confess to the crimes he's accused of.

"They might, somewhere down the road, threaten to put charges on her to try to put pressure on Rex to admit to these things and plead guilty," Mask said.

Earlier this week, an attorney for potential victims of Heuermann, John Ray, alleged his daughter Victoria Heuermann made and viewed "sadistic" artwork mirroring the crimes her father is accused of.'

Mask made comments without reading up on the facts? It is very clear what out of town means. It is also very clear that the murders occured in the basement and that he had detailed checklists for the cleanup. Talking heads need to do their research.

I've always wondered exactly what prompted the LE officer and his K9 to do some "practice" on Gilgo Beach. Was it the search for Shannan Gilbert?
He had been tasked to find Gilbert, but that he ventured 4-6 miles west when he couldn't find anything. He had previously read an FBI report that said most murder victims are dumped close to the road.

He had been tasked to find Gilbert, but that he ventured 4-6 miles west when he couldn't find anything. He had previously read an FBI report that said most murder victims are dumped close to the road.

Thanks! So he just branched out from the LIE. I don't remember hearing he read an FBI report. Very interesting.

I've always wondered exactly what prompted the LE officer and his K9 to do some "practice" on Gilgo Beach. Was it the search for Shannan Gilbert?
Over the summer, the officer and Blue searched the gated beach community where she was last seen, but came up with nothing.
On Dec. 11, he returned, this time venturing west. He said he stuck close to the shoulder of the parkway, because the vegetation was so thick and because data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation showed that when bodies were dumped, most were disposed of about 30 feet from the road. That afternoon, shortly before 3 p.m., Blue picked up a scent on the parkway.

Over the summer, the officer and Blue searched the gated beach community where she was last seen, but came up with nothing.
On Dec. 11, he returned, this time venturing west. He said he stuck close to the shoulder of the parkway, because the vegetation was so thick and because data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation showed that when bodies were dumped, most were disposed of about 30 feet from the road. That afternoon, shortly before 3 p.m., Blue picked up a scent on the parkway.

A link! Thank you!

Initially
Thanks! So he just branched out from the LIE. I don't remember hearing he read an FBI report. Very interesting.
Initially, he thought that he had found Gilbert. But then the police search team showed up and found three more remains.

Rex almost certainly kept abreast of developments. When he read that Gilbert's disappearance and Malia's decision to walk along that roadway had led to the discovery of his main dump site, he probably cursed his luck.

My issue with LP was many of the things she claimed had previously been published.
She signed her affidavit on Aug,31,2023.
But..we don't know when she first contacted JR and her story then and if she added to it by 8/31/23?

But there is the ex-boyfriend who's name she gave to Ray/Harrison so that's on her side and they did make contact with him but of course we know nada.
I would like to know where AE was around this time when Karen Vergata was last heard from on Valentine's Day 1996 and what day in April RH & AE were married,
Karen's partial remains were discovered on April 20,1996 on Fire Island.
They married April 13, 1996. It's posted in thread #1 of this thread in a deposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne