Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerri Rawson, the daughter of BTK serial killer Dennis Rader and a victims' advocate, also slammed the attorney over his claims.

'John Ray is not credible at all. This is disgusting and I hope Asa and her children seek all legal recourse,' Rawson wrote.

We have no idea if he didn't and sold it or gave it away on the Dark Web...yet.
I have a gut feeling this is just the tip of a giant iceberg.
Exactly! Books seemed important to RH. He apparently used books for his own instruction. His planning document seems like a how-to when he writes, "next time" and "hit harder". These are things that imo don't need to be written down to plan something or to remember to do. Just seems more like instruction to others. JMO.

They listed it in the court documents as a planning document. Or used as a blueprint to document crimes.
eta:
One thing that jumped out to me in the video you posted is how Tierney states, around :20 seconds, that RH had a significant collection of violent bondage and torture *advertiser censored* dating back to 1994. That's the first I've noticed they assigned a start date to his *advertiser censored* collection. I wonder if his collection was hard copy in addition to digital images.
MOO.

One thing that jumped out to me in the video you posted is how Tierney states, around :20 seconds, that RH had a significant collection of violent bondage and torture *advertiser censored* dating back to 1994. That's the first I've noticed they assigned a start date to his *advertiser censored* collection. I wonder if his collection was hard copy in addition to digital images.
MOO.
I get the impression he prob did have hard copies because looking at a touchable item feels different than when you see it online. I think it feels more personal.

I get the impression he prob did have hard copies because looking at a touchable item feels different than when you see it online. I think it feels more personal.
I don't know if that's when his p.o.r.n. fetish started in 1994 or that's just as far back as LE could find, but 1994 was after his first wife and mother left the home in '93, after his first known kill in '93, and before he married AE. I wonder if there were magazines and books in plain sight around his home when she met him and married him.
MOO.

"In twenty years of involvement in the field of serial murder research, I have never seen anything like this press conference," Enzo Yaksic, who runs the Atypical Homicide Research Group, told Newsweek. "Nothing shown translates into the propensity to commit violence."

Yaksic went on to say that if Ray's team's logic is correct, then the millions of true crime fans are also "capable of committing homicide."

"It is beyond preposterous to claim that a family is involved in witchcraft and cannibalism as part of a larger network of people," Yaksic said.

"The fact that she had a painting of the bodies, does not mean she was involved with these killings," said forensic psychologist Eric Hickey told Newsweek. "It's highly unlikely."

...Hickey told Newsweek that it's "highly unlikely" that the Heuermann family knew about Rex's alleged actions.

More at:

Last edited:
“I do not agree with anything John Ray is doing,” Sherre Gilbert, sister of Shannan Gilbert, wrote on X. “This is disrespectful and I had no prior knowledge to this ‘press conference’ or the ‘evidence’ he was presenting today. He should’ve been there to discuss Shannan’s case period! He cuts his nose to spite his face! I do not support nor condone his actions whatsoever!”

“I do not agree with anything John Ray is doing,” Sherre Gilbert, sister of Shannan Gilbert, wrote on X. “This is disrespectful and I had no prior knowledge to this ‘press conference’ or the ‘evidence’ he was presenting today. He should’ve been there to discuss Shannan’s case period! He cuts his nose to spite his face! I do not support nor condone his actions whatsoever!””

This quote from Sherre Gilbert says it all, IMO.
As the sister of a victim who was marginalized and vilified unfairly, it appears she does not want the same thing to happen to VH.

There are enough victims already, IMO.

Shannan's sister has empathy for VH. There is nothing wrong with her expressing that.

John Ray has information. There is nothing wrong with his presenting it.

However, BTK's daughter is just wrong to say that John Ray has no credibility. He has yet to give us wrong information.

It makes me wonder if she doesn't want the case solved. She was part of what "you and yours" did to cause Rex to thank Dennis R.

I do not understand resistance to information. I don't understand why anyone can claim John Ray has given them wrong information in the past. Without him, we have no Oak Beach affidavits, no swinger affidavit, no cab driver affidavit, no 911 call, less clear information about the family traveling to AC (a very strange vacay with little kids) during MBB's murder, no insight into his daughter being interested in LISK-like media.

I am very thankful to John Ray for all he has brought us. None of it has been untrue. Sometimes, I have not agreed with the inferences he makes about the information, but that's okay. It's pretty much what we do here is develop theories.

MOO

I'm still going through old LISK forum threads and found this post #13 very insightful for 2016. Maybe everyone already knew that serial killers studied other serial killers, I surely didn't.

Serial killers study other serial killers, it may be a mutual admiration thing. They are also somewhat of celebrities in jail. I recall being told a story by a guard in the Nassau County lock up, Rifkin was having an argument with Colin Ferguson about who killed more, Ferguson's come back was they Rifkin may have killed more, but they were all women.

Back to the celebrity thing, these inmates may be shunned by other inmates but they are immensely popular with the outside world. Especially with women. I saw an article on the BTK killer, he got more mail than anyone else he was locked up with. Serial killers may be misfits on the outside, but they do revel in their fan base.

Rifkin would be the first guy I would talk with on the LISK case. I don't know if Ridgway was approached for his input. Most of these guys are deep down cut out of the same bolt of cloth.

Post can be found on Page 3 of this thread: Joel Rifkin's thoughts on LISK

We heard people with investigative background and families all criticize the latest JR's stunt. JR is making a lot of mistakes lately. For example, his accusations against AE have never been corroborated by police.

“The evidence that we have suggests that we have been sold a story by the Heuermann family,” he said, without offering anything to back up his wild assertions beyond photos.

Lawyer Misty Marris told “NewsNation Now” the “circumstantial evidence” proves nothing.

“To implicate the family at this point, without evidence, without the task force or prosecutors making that link, it just seems incredibly premature,” Marris said.

We heard people with investigative background and families all criticize the latest JR's stunt. JR is making a lot of mistakes lately. For example, his accusations against AE have never been corroborated by police.
I do find it interesting that John Ray attracts a lot of backlash.

It is not in proportion to just anybody spouting theories.

Maybe part of the reason he gets the backlash is related to his contribution of many solid facts to this case. The municipality involved has a long history of corruption. There was a palpable resistance to solving LISK, but John Ray persisted in getting very important information.

Right now, the "good guys" are managing to make progress, but there were decades the case just went cold. The breakthrough of the good guys was when Rodney Harrison was police commissioner. He partnered with John Ray on the down low until it was near the end of his appointment, when he made the relationship public.

John Ray is a big part of this case moving forward...becoming not cold.

My theory is that is why you see the backlash. Some people wanted it to stay cold.

MOO

I do find it interesting that John Ray attracts a lot of backlash.

It is not in proportion to just anybody spouting theories.

Maybe part of the reason he gets the backlash is related to his contribution of many solid facts to this case. The municipality involved has a long history of corruption. There was a palpable resistance to solving LISK, but John Ray persisted in getting very important information.

Right now, the "good guys" are managing to make progress, but there were decades the case just went cold. The breakthrough of the good guys was when Rodney Harrison was police commissioner. He partnered with John Ray on the down low until it was near the end of his appointment, when he made the relationship public.

John Ray is a big part of this case moving forward...becoming not cold.

My theory is that is why you see the backlash. Some people wanted it to stay cold.

MOO
I've seen plenty of criticism coming from police and lawyer circles who do not have a dog in this fight, but know a thing or two about investigative methods and practices, including what can be considered evidence. It also comes from people who were on JR's side before he stared accusing the family.

Last edited:
JR's ex-law partner Vess Mitev's response:

"We don’t typically respond to frivolous sideshows, but we had to because the reputation and the character of these two young children who I represent is unimpeachable. This man is cosplaying as an attorney.”

JR's ex-law partner Vess Mitev's response:

"We don’t typically respond to frivolous sideshows, but we had to because the reputation and the character of these two young children who I represent is unimpeachable. This man is cosplaying as an attorney.”

Ummm....okay.

I would think the person quoted here has a dog in the fight.

Just saying, there is no evidence at all from a single thing that has left the lips of the attorneys, who just appeared like magic as fast as an attorney for Rex, have any interest in solving the case, nor have they bothered to offer more than a sentence or two for the murdered women.

John Ray attracts criticism because John Ray has never helped the people who let this case go cold.

It smells to me like the very same people who let this case go cold got the handlers into Asa and family stat, and immediately released statements criticizing LE. Thats who this article is quoting.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member