MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MORENCI, Mich. – The disappearance of the Skelton brothers has haunted the small town of Morenci, Michigan, for more than a decade.

It has been 13 years since Tanner, 5, Alexander, 7, and Andrew, 9, were last seen with their father John Skelton at his Morenci home.

Their father had spent time with the boys for the Thanksgiving holiday during an ongoing divorce and custody battle with their mother, Tanya Zuvers. He was supposed to return them to their mother on Black Friday, Nov. 26, 2010.

Police said John Skelton’s phone could be tracked leaving his Morenci home and traveling 25 miles southwest into Holiday City, Ohio. Then he returned to Morenci. The boys haven’t been seen since...

Last edited:
No. It is two completely distinct things. Being declared dead doesn’t require proof of death but rather no evidence of being alive for a specified period, such as seven years.
Oh I understand that part. It just seems like now that there is no proof of life, and since he's already known to be the last person with them - a fairly strong circumstantial case might be made.

Would having them declared dead allow the DA to file murder charges now?
Yes, in my opinion, it could; however, more evidence is needed to prove who murdered them. No body trials have resulted in convictions. I have to wonder if the DA is involved in the family's decision to have them "declared dead." In my opinion, it depends on what evidence is used to determine they are dead.

June 17, 2024
Yes, in my opinion, with social media these children should have surfaced.

I don't have a link so consider this my opinion please. A FB friend of mine told me this happened to her about forty years ago and there was nothing she could do. The father took the boys out of state and LE couldn't find them. Along came FB and with it her oldest son reconnected with her. I don't know who found who. I think he was about nine when they were taken and he remembered her. He helped her reconnect with her middle child. Her youngest had been told so many lies by the father that she refused to have anything to do with her mother. Eventually and probably through pressure by the older two, she did reconnect with her mother. She told me the oldest calls her and has even visited her.

Because of this, in my opinion, the Tanner boys should have been able contact their mother, or she should have found them through social media. At the very least, the oldest should have found they were reported as missing.

June 20, 2024

On Thursday Tanya Zuvers moved one step closer with a pretrial hearing to declare Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner deceased in Lenawee County Probate Court.

And John Skelton has kept quiet and didn’t even attend Thursday’s final pretrial.

"He was able to hear everything that was said, even though he indicated he could not," said Burke Castleberry, the attorney for Zuvers.

And John Skelton has kept quiet and didn’t even attend Thursday’s final pretrial.

Tanya Zuvers filed the paperwork last December.

"The unit has been logged in for sometime, but I don’t see anybody in there," Judge Catherine Sala said. "We are ready to proceed to trial."

Judge Sala set the case for a trial, starting July 29th.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back