MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's possible age progressions may be a waste of time, but in the slim chance were handed off, or until we know their fate for sure, I appreciate the them.
There isn't a slim chance, though. There's no chance. Please don't give credence to his rooster*-and-bull story by treating it as if it's a legitimate possibility. That's what empowers him to keep spreading his lies. He killed the boys. That much is known even if it difficult to prove.
*I initially used another term, but it was "censored by the advertiser." I guess the advertiser has a dirty mind.
The only way they get him to talk is if they offered him a deal with no further prosecution guaranteed. I believe that he thinks at this point they will not be found. I think I would just roll the dice. Have the children declared deceased ( isn't it 7 years?) and charge him with the murder. Maybe the statements he has made at various times can be used.
I don't even think that he would take that deal. He takes pleasure in torturing his ex-wife by leaving her in limbo. The lack of a resolution gives him power over her. He is not going to give that up for anything.
There are plenty of successful no body prosecutions. The prosecutor just needs to be confident and purposeful.
I agree. Unfortunately, there are gullible people out there who believe that his story about handing the boys off is plausible. They probably believe in the Tooth Fairy, too. It would only take empaneling one of those gullible idiots for the result to be a hung jury. (I don't think that he would be acquitted because most people aren't stupid enough to believe his facile lies.)

Last edited:
I think it is all about ego for most of these prosecutors. It is all about the win for them. I think in a lot of cases the prosecutors are willing to sit on cases and wait until they are sure that they can get a "win". I know cases differ and suspects can't be tried twice but sometimes one has to shoot ones shot.

I think it is all about ego for most of these prosecutors. It is all about the win for them. I think in a lot of cases the prosecutors are willing to sit on cases and wait until they are sure that they can get a "win". I know cases differ and suspects can't be tried twice but sometimes one has to shoot ones shot.
There might be a plan to charge him with murder as soon as he's released. Prosecutors may not consider it urgent since he's still locked up. I think that they're waiting in case the boys' bodies are found. They had better not wait too long, though. Witnesses can die and their memories can fade.

There isn't a slim chance, though. There's no chance. Please don't give credence to his rooster*-and-bull story by treating it as if it's a legitimate possibility. That's what empowers him to keep spreading his lies. He killed the boys. That much is known even if it difficult to prove.
*I initially used another term, but it was "censored by the advertiser." I guess the advertiser has a dirty mind.

I don't even think that he would take that deal. He takes pleasure in torturing his ex-wife by leaving her in limbo. The lack of a resolution gives him power over her. He is not going to give that up for anything.

I agree. Unfortunately, there are gullible people out there who believe that his story about handing the boys off is plausible. They probably believe in the Tooth Fairy, too. It would only take empaneling one of those gullible idiots for the result to be a hung jury. (I don't think that he would be acquitted because most people aren't stupid enough to believe his facile lies.)
I'm not giving credence to his (I got that reference) story, it's this mother's hope beyond hope they're still alive, even if the practical side of me knows there's little chance.

My state successfully prosecuted a no body case back in the 80s, James Hicks for the murder of his wife, Jenny. My science teacher was on the grand jury who indicted him. He said the circumstantial evidence was overwhelming. Though he was convicted, it was for 4th degree murder (now manslaughter in my state) so he got a 10 year sentence, and was out in about 6. Two other women he was associated with also disappeared, I think one before he was arrested, and one after he got out. Eventually, he was arrested in TX for a capital offense, and made a deal with the State Of Maine for extradition to avoid the death penalty. In return, he'd led them to all the bodies, including Jenny's. So they couldn't try him again for her murder due to double jeopardy, but I think he got two life sentences for the other women, with no possibility of parole. So the no body case sentence wasn't as severe as a murder case, but they got him in the end.

The only way they get him to talk is if they offered him a deal with no further prosecution guaranteed. I believe that he thinks at this point they will not be found. I think I would just roll the dice. Have the children declared deceased ( isn't it 7 years?) and charge him with the murder. Maybe the statements he has made at various times can be used.
The boys went missing in November 2010, so it's been 12 years. Theoretically, the boys could be considered dead since they have not been seen or heard from since they went missing in November 2010.

Last edited:
The boys went missing in November 2010, so it's been 12 years.
I think they were referring to the length of time someone has to be missing before they can be declared dead, which I believe is typically 7 years, not how long the boys have been missing. That's how I interpreted, anyway.

I think they were referring to the length of time someone has to be missing before they can be declared dead, which I believe is typically 7 years, not how long the boys have been missing. That's how I interpreted, anyway.
I meant that the boys have been missing for 12 years, so, yes, they could be considered deceased because it has been more than 7 years. When Natalee Holloway had been missing for 7 years, her father had her declared dead so he didn't have to continue paying insurance for her. Natalee Holloway declared legally dead | CNN

Last edited:
MORENCI, Mich. – The disappearance of the Skelton brothers has haunted the small town of Morenci, Michigan, for more than a decade.

It has been 12 years since Tanner, 5, Alexander, 7, and Andrew, 9, were last seen with their father John Skelton at his Morenci home.

Their father had spent time with the boys for the Thanksgiving holiday during an ongoing divorce and custody battle with their mother, Tanya Zuvers. He was supposed to return them to their mother on Black Friday, Nov. 26, 2010.

Police said John Skelton’s phone could be tracked leaving his Morenci home and traveling 25 miles southwest into Holiday City, Ohio. Then he returned to Morenci. The boys haven’t been seen since...

MORENCI, Mich. – The disappearance of the Skelton brothers has haunted the small town of Morenci, Michigan, for more than a decade.

It has been 12 years since Tanner, 5, Alexander, 7, and Andrew, 9, were last seen with their father John Skelton at his Morenci home.

Their father had spent time with the boys for the Thanksgiving holiday during an ongoing divorce and custody battle with their mother, Tanya Zuvers. He was supposed to return them to their mother on Black Friday, Nov. 26, 2010.

Police said John Skelton’s phone could be tracked leaving his Morenci home and traveling 25 miles southwest into Holiday City, Ohio. Then he returned to Morenci. The boys haven’t been seen since...
How big is Holiday City, Ohio? How many dumpsters would have been within the range indicated by his phone pings?

I wonder how long it took LE to get cell phone data. They should have conducted a landfill search for the boys' remains. It should have been done right away; it would be almost impossible at this point.

Holiday City is a speck on the map if even that. However, there is a large manufacturing operation there. Chase Brass.
They have a large pond at the site. Skelton knows this place as he once drove truck and pulled in and out of there. I'm not saying he was employed by them, only that he had familiarity with the facility and was a driver.
Since day one I have questioned that pond. Likely it's been looked at a few times. Look again. MOO

Holiday City is a speck on the map if even that. However, there is a large manufacturing operation there. Chase Brass.
They have a large pond at the site. Skelton knows this place as he once drove truck and pulled in and out of there. I'm not saying he was employed by them, only that he had familiarity with the facility and was a driver.
Since day one I have questioned that pond. Likely it's been looked at a few times. Look again. MOO
I question whether Skelton would have used a pond. How could be be sure that the bodies, or parts of the bodies, wouldn't rise? Even if he had a way to weigh the bodies down, how would he get to a deep enough area from shore?

I think it's far more likely that he used a dumpster. I think he would have selected a dumpster that was easy to access but not highly visible to anyone driving past. If he was familiar with the area, then he might have known of a dumpster at a church, restaurant, or school that fit that description.

One version of his story stated that the boys were next to a dumpster, wrapped in blankets with their favorite stuffed animals. There may be some truth to that version, except I think that they would have also been inside garbage bags and probably in the dumpster rather than next to it.

Last edited:
It's been far too long - but I would swear there was talk of a hollowed out tree in the early days of this case. Am I imagining this? Or confusing it with another case? Because I think it's a viable option given the rural nature of the surroundings.

I question whether Skelton would have used a pond. How could be be sure that the bodies, or parts of the bodies, wouldn't rise? Even if he had a way to weigh the bodies down, how would he get to a deep enough area from shore?

I think it's far more likely that he used a dumpster. I think he would have selected a dumpster that was easy to access but not highly visible to anyone driving past. If he was familiar with the area, then he might have known of a dumpster at a church, restaurant, or school that fit that description.

One version of his story stated that the boys were next to a dumpster, wrapped in blankets with their favorite stuffed animals. There may be some truth to that version, except I think that they would have also been inside garbage bags and probably in the dumpster rather than next to it.
Somehow, I just can't see him driving there just to throw them in a dumpster. Maybe, there is a dumpster near the place where the boys are? Maybe, they are buried in woods near a dumpster. If he worked there long enough, he could know of a place where people wouldn't find their graves.

Has anyone tried locating some of his coworkers from that company? There might be places where employees went to eat lunch, drink beer, fish, smoke cigarettes, drugs, or anything else?

Saw this in the main menu portion for recent posts and thought there was a break ..... :(

I'm familiar with these precious boy's case.

Awful, horrible man (I think he 'disappeared' them for good, sadly.).
If they'd been handed off, they were old enough at the time to tell people their real names and who their parents were, etc.
I think they'd have been discovered by now !
Omo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper