TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replying to myself - add Chandler Halderson and Jennifer Pan.
And Sydney Powell [killed her mom after hiding that she’d flunked out of college. There was also a Pennsylvania girl who staged her own kidnapping due to hiding that she couldn’t graduate. I can remember a few more but you get my drift. ].
But it seems at this point that Caleb flunking out is not an issue, as law enforcement suspect foul play, rather than purposeful disappearance.

Last edited:
Just happened to come across a case from a decade ago, the Breck Bednar case of 2014 in the UK. There’s a thread on it here on Websleuths.

A young male was lured and groomed on a gaming site, then went to meet the lurer and was sexually assaulted and stabbed to death.

The ages are very young: Victim was 14, killer was 18. But it raised the possibility that Caleb may have been drawn into a similar situation, even if 7 years older. Does anyone think such a scenario is feasible?

I think that hasn't been revealed.

I have pondered whether this could be a voluntary "walk-away," maybe spontaneous, but too many things point away from it, in my opinion. (Such as not going back for any personal items, not accessing bank account, not contacting friends.)

What do you think?
What do I think??? I am ever the optimist (maybe not a realist!) but I want to think he planned it and walked away. Set up the fishing trip, food delivery, etc to look like he DIDN'T just walk away. Maybe had saved up some $$, deliberately didn't take personal items?? Maybe if grades were an issue (or even dropping out) he may have figured that telling people (parents) that reality would be much worse than just leaving (and not stopping to think of the repercussions that would cause). I know, I know....prob have my rose colored glasses on.....

What do I think??? I am ever the optimist (maybe not a realist!) but I want to think he planned it and walked away. Set up the fishing trip, food delivery, etc to look like he DIDN'T just walk away. Maybe had saved up some $$, deliberately didn't take personal items?? Maybe if grades were an issue (or even dropping out) he may have figured that telling people (parents) that reality would be much worse than just leaving (and not stopping to think of the repercussions that would cause). I know, I know....prob have my rose colored glasses on.....
It just seems if there were problems at school leading to his wanting to get away, that law enforcement wouldn’t be so adamant that he met with foul play…

Last edited:
So I guess in summation, unless all these law enforcement agencies such as FBI, Texas Rangers, US Marshals managed to miss evidence of Caleb leaving of his own accord, or being hit by a car, or falling into the water, they must have good reason to believe he met with foul play, or they would not be stating this.

That’s the conclusion I have reached after 3+ months.

I just wish it could be determined who the guilty parties are. And where Caleb and his phone can be located.

They never went public after hitting a wall in the investigation, as they said they would. This leads to the conclusion that subpoenas, warrants, digital evidence are still being processed. In any case that’s the hope; otherwise the case feels cold.

Last edited:
If you hit someone with a car in a neighborhood in the middle of the night it's easier to just book it into the night. Getting out of the car and shoving a body in it just increases the likelyhood of you being seen. Personally I can't recall a case where that happened but I know a lot of hit and runs.

Falling into the water is possible, but people have been searching for months now. Is the water there really capable of hiding a body for 3+ months? In other cases like this, the body is found within a month or so.

If you hit someone with a car in a neighborhood in the middle of the night it's easier to just book it into the night. Getting out of the car and shoving a body in it just increases the likelyhood of you being seen. Personally I can't recall a case where that happened but I know a lot of hit and runs.

Falling into the water is possible, but people have been searching for months now. Is the water there really capable of hiding a body for 3+ months? In other cases like this, the body is found within a month or so.
There are cases where people aren’t found in the water. However, the fact that law enforcement state Caleb met with foul play seems to indicate that they don’t believe it was an accident.

Caleb Harris case updates begins at 11:06.

According to the transcript (from 12:42), Tony is no longer representing the family, and Tony has pivoted to the Sebastian Rogers case. :oops: So, I thought that was interesting…hmm
Otherwise, things are status quo, though LE is working hard on the case. “There was a lot of problems with subpoena information that went out that took weeks to return”, so movement on the case got stuck, apparently.

Caleb Harris case updates begins at 11:06.

According to the transcript (from 12:42), Tony is no longer representing the family, and Tony has pivoted to the Sebastian Rogers case. :oops: So, I thought that was interesting…hmm
Otherwise, things are status quo, though LE is working hard on the case. “There was a lot of problems with subpoena information that went out that took weeks to return”, so movement on the case got stuck, apparently.
Thanks for the update.
So the hope is that now that the digital forensic analysis can move forward, maybe it will yield a lead….3+ months seems a long time, but better late than never.

Thanks for the update.
So the hope is that now that the digital forensic analysis can move forward, maybe it will yield a lead….3+ months seems a long time, but better late than never.
I'm not exactly surprised. In the LISK case, based on the bail document just filed, it seems like it took them several months to process and then analyze the digital forensics. In the Andrew Gosden case, I think it took nearly a year. Hopefully they are still waiting on new information from the devices.

I'm not exactly surprised. In the LISK case, based on the bail document just filed, it seems like it took them several months to process and then analyze the digital forensics. In the Andrew Gosden case, I think it took nearly a year. Hopefully they are still waiting on new information from the devices.
In cases where a victim — perhaps a minor— may be being held hostage alive, how would they justify the long time frame?

Just happened to come across a case from a decade ago, the Breck Bednar case of 2014 in the UK. There’s a thread on it here on Websleuths.

A young male was lured and groomed on a gaming site, then went to meet the lurer and was sexually assaulted and stabbed to death.

The ages are very young: Victim was 14, killer was 18. But it raised the possibility that Caleb may have been drawn into a similar situation, even if 7 years older. Does anyone think such a scenario is feasible?

Yes, of course. It's certainly one (awful) scenario.

Or the meet-up could have started with good intentions and gone bad. I mean, relationship violence is more common than stranger violence, after all.

It's certainly still a possibility. Going home with a stranger from a bar is another risky thing to do - doesn't have to be gaming. Could be an app or they could have met up earlier in the night and arranged a meet-up.

It's awful to think about though.

Yes, of course. It's certainly one (awful) scenario.

Or the meet-up could have started with good intentions and gone bad. I mean, relationship violence is more common than stranger violence, after all.

It's certainly still a possibility. Going home with a stranger from a bar is another risky thing to do - doesn't have to be gaming. Could be an app or they could have met up earlier in the night and arranged a meet-up.

It's awful to think about though.
It is awful to contemplate, but if law enforcement officials believe there was foul play at this point, it has to be considered.

If something terrible along these lines occurred, I only hope that the guilty party can be digitally traced. If he was using a burner phone or VPN, it’s disturbing to think he may go unpunished.

We know the apartment complex cameras were out of order. What are the nearest functional surveillance cameras to The Cottages apartment complexes?
I’m not sure, but it really seems a stroke of bad luck that the complex CCTV system was not working.

And wherever the closest ones were, they obviously didn’t pick Caleb up on them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay