TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, to word it differently: Do law enforcement have any interest in revisiting the apartment complex to conduct searches and interviews? Is it too late? Is it legal?
I would hope that if LE aren’t getting any other leads they could go back and talk to those in the complex that lived there on the night Caleb disappeared. With school out for the summer I imagine quite a few people that lived there in March have moved on. This was a huge missed opportunity by LE. I do not see any apartment searches happening unless they get a viable tip which would allow for a search warrant. I do pray that LE can solve this case. I feel for Caleb’s family and especially his dad with Father’s Day just this past weekend.

I would hope that if LE aren’t getting any other leads they could go back and talk to those in the complex that lived there on the night Caleb disappeared. With school out for the summer I imagine quite a few people that lived there in March have moved on. This was a huge missed opportunity by LE. I do not see any apartment searches happening unless they get a viable tip which would allow for a search warrant. I do pray that LE can solve this case. I feel for Caleb’s family and especially his dad with Father’s Day just this past weekend.
Yes, his father is certainly in need of some answers and closure. I hope he receives them, and sooner rather than later.

I have read of cases in the past which were only solved by going back and starting again with fresh eyes.

I thought to search a residence you’d need a probable cause bench warrant. How many people are going to let police come in and “look around”?
LE can search a car, home, barn,shed....etc....with the owner's permission. They do not need a warrant in that circumstance. If LE has a reason they need to search a dwelling and owner's permission is denied then LE has to go before a judge and convince him/her to sign a search warrant. If the search warrant is later found to be faulty then any evidence found in the search will be unusable in court.
They'd have to have a reason to believe that Caleb was in an apartment or evidence regarding his disappearance was in there before they'd be able to get a search warrant if the owner says no. I don't see that happening at this point because LE does not think Caleb is in any of the apartments. I'm sure they have their reasons.

I’ve been following Caleb’s case, started following a little late, since about a few weeks after he was reported missing. Still getting caught up on reading the posts and like y’all been pondering the possibilities of what could’ve happened to Caleb. Decided to take a break from reading to post some of my thoughts.

A planned hookup that ended up going sideways imo is plausible, but where I too get stuck with this theory is I’d think LE would’ve been able to trace back via phone digital forensics and figured out what happened by now or at least got a solid lead via digital trail.

Another theory I’ve been wondering about and not sure has already been discussed, I might have missed it during some speed reading while trying to get caught up here, is if Caleb possibly had a stalker? Perhaps someone that lives and/or works at the apartment complex who’s been watching his movements and/or if he possibly had an online stalker. Someone that lives or works at the complex could be doing both I suppose-stalking/watching his movements around the complex and stalking him online as well. And Caleb either doesn’t know/has never met this person that possibly had developed an unhealthy attachment/fixation on him. Or, it could be someone he has met before that lives or works at the complex and whom Caleb interacted with in the past in some form. Possibly ran into some kind of predicament or had trouble with this person in the past for some reason i.e., perhaps Caleb rejected a date/proposition from this person and they were angry with him for rejecting them and been watching/stalking him ever since waiting for an opportunity to abduct Caleb and take revenge against him because they can’t handle rejection. It’s my understanding the complex’s surveillance cameras weren’t in working order which is really too bad and makes this mystery even harder to solve.

At any rate, whether a person who lives or works at the complex was known or unknown to Caleb, they could have been stalking him waiting watching for an opportunity and kidnapped him under the cover of darkness in the early morning hour when not a lot of people are up and about? possibly forced Caleb into vehicle at gunpoint, or via some other type of weapon, or lured/coerced him into their vehicle under guise of ?, and took him back to their apartment or took him to some other location and is either holding him hostage (less likely), or had their way with him and killed him either accidentally or intentionally and hid his body somewhere? But where?? Hauling away and hiding a body is an arduous task to say the least, but as we know, plenty of perps manage to to it by various means.

At any rate, I really don’t think Caleb is voluntarily missing and frankly none of the other scenarios are good, except if someone is holding him hostage somewhere at least he’d still be alive but I don’t think that’s the case, unfortunately.

A random abduction, as in, some predator out driving around in the wee hours looking for prey though not completely out of the realm of possibility, is an outlier for me.

I just think that if this is foul play (which I’m leaning towards) and wasn’t a planned hookup that ended up going sideways,
that the answer lies at or very near to that apartment complex.
It’s just a gut feeling that keeps gnawing at me that either a resident of, or a worker at that complex is involved. I could be totally wrong, wouldn’t be the first time lol. It’s hard because not a whole lot to go on, but I continue to hope LE is making progress behind the scenes and will hopefully provide an update soon.

Very sad and perplexing case, a parent’s worst nightmare for sure.
My heart goes out to Caleb’s parents and loved ones. Hope he’s found soon.

ETA-clarity

Last edited:
I’ve been following Caleb’s case, started following a little late, since about a few weeks after he was reported missing. Still getting caught up on reading the posts and like y’all been pondering the possibilities of what could’ve happened to Caleb. Decided to take a break from reading to post some of my thoughts.

A planned hookup that ended up going sideways imo is plausible, but where I too get stuck with this theory is I’d think LE would’ve been able to trace back via phone digital forensics and figured out what happened by now or at least got a solid lead via digital trail.

Another theory I’ve been wondering about and not sure has already been discussed, I might have missed it during some speed reading while trying to get caught up here, is if Caleb possibly had a stalker? Perhaps someone that lives and/or works at the apartment complex who’s been watching his movements and/or if he possibly had an online stalker. Someone that lives or works at the complex could be doing both I suppose-stalking/watching his movements around the complex and stalking him online as well. And Caleb either doesn’t know/has never met this person that possibly had developed an unhealthy attachment/fixation on him. Or, it could be someone he has met before that lives or works at the complex and whom Caleb interacted with in the past in some form. Possibly ran into some kind of predicament or had trouble with this person in the past for some reason i.e., perhaps Caleb rejected a date/proposition from this person and they were angry with him for rejecting them and been watching/stalking him ever since waiting for an opportunity to abduct Caleb and take revenge against him because they can’t handle rejection. It’s my understanding the complex’s surveillance cameras weren’t in working order which is really too bad and makes this mystery even harder to solve.

At any rate, whether a person who lives or works at the complex was known or unknown to Caleb, they could have been stalking him waiting watching for an opportunity and kidnapped him under the cover of darkness in the early morning hour when not a lot of people are up and about? possibly forced Caleb into vehicle at gunpoint, or via some other type of weapon, or lured/coerced him into their vehicle under guise of ?, and took him back to their apartment or took him to some other location and is either holding him hostage (less likely), or had their way with him and killed him either accidentally or intentionally and hid his body somewhere? But where?? Hauling away and hiding a body is an arduous task to say the least, but as we know, plenty of perps manage to to it by various means.

At any rate, I really don’t think Caleb is voluntarily missing and frankly none of the other scenarios are good, except if someone is holding him hostage somewhere at least he’d still be alive but I don’t think that’s the case, unfortunately.

A random abduction, as in, some predator out driving around in the wee hours looking for prey though not completely out of the realm of possibility, is an outlier for me.

I just think that if this is foul play (which I’m leaning towards) and wasn’t a planned hookup that ended up going sideways,
that the answer lies at or very near to that apartment complex.
It’s just a gut feeling that keeps gnawing at me that either a resident of, or a worker at that complex is involved. I could be totally wrong, wouldn’t be the first time lol. It’s hard because not a whole lot to go on, but I continue to hope LE is making progress behind the scenes and will hopefully provide an update soon.

Very sad and perplexing case, a parent’s worst nightmare for sure.
My heart goes out to Caleb’s parents and loved ones. Hope he’s found soon.

ETA-clarity
Yes, these are my thoughts as well. If a planned hookup was using a burner phone or VPN this would explain why law enforcement hasn’t found this individual.

On the other hand when someone vanishes with bare feet and no keys or wallet at an apartment complex where CCTV cameras are not functioning, it would make sense to theorize that someone at the complex may be responsible. Why law enforcement officials seem to have dismissed that idea is unclear.

I believe Caleb’s father when he says he doesn’t believe his son would have purposely vanished and left his sister and parents in such pain and confusion. Plus as law enforcement have said, there is no activity with his money or phone to indicate that he’s out there somewhere.

Since there’s no real news on the case, I was thinking back on what we know, just to review, in my mind.

I was thinking about the roommate going to sleep on the sofa. My first thought was why the sofa, but then I remembered the dog they had just brought to the apt, so that would have been the dog’s first night there. Probably he slept there so it’d be easier to let the dog out if it had to “go”.

Now, I know all the roommates have been cleared, but I just wonder if this roommate knew more specifics that haven’t been reported to us (but hopefully he did to the police), like maybe when Caleb brought the dog back in after the 2:44 Snapchat video he sent to his sister.

Maybe it’s just me, but I know I would not be able to sleep soundly with a new dog spending its first nights with me. I feel like I would have heard and been aware of the dog leaving with Caleb and then returning.

Just thoughts.

Since there’s no real news on the case, I was thinking back on what we know, just to review, in my mind.

I was thinking about the roommate going to sleep on the sofa. My first thought was why the sofa, but then I remembered the dog they had just brought to the apt, so that would have been the dog’s first night there. Probably he slept there so it’d be easier to let the dog out if it had to “go”.

Now, I know all the roommates have been cleared, but I just wonder if this roommate knew more specifics that haven’t been reported to us (but hopefully he did to the police), like maybe when Caleb brought the dog back in after the 2:44 Snapchat video he sent to his sister.

Maybe it’s just me, but I know I would not be able to sleep soundly with a new dog spending its first nights with me. I feel like I would have heard and been aware of the dog leaving with Caleb and then returning.

Just thoughts.
It’s true that they may have given this information.
However, with Caleb missing after 3+ months and no information on who was the last person to interact with him, or where he and his phone are, and no suspects, it seems unlikely that it made any difference.

Weren't they drinking earlier than night? If there was a roommate asleep on the couch, the small amount of noise made by a door opening/closing and a dog puttering around the room might have been nothing to someone who had stayed up way later than usual and also had alcohol in his system. It also sounds like they got their "Oh, wow, a new dog!" energy out by staying up late playing with the dog.

But, even simpler, anyone with roommates gets used to a certain level of noise. Doors opening/closing, people walking around, talking, phones ringing, fans, toilet flushing... you either learn to sleep through it or you go nuts from sleep deprivation.

Weren't they drinking earlier than night? If there was a roommate asleep on the couch, the small amount of noise made by a door opening/closing and a dog puttering around the room might have been nothing to someone who had stayed up way later than usual and also had alcohol in his system. It also sounds like they got their "Oh, wow, a new dog!" energy out by staying up late playing with the dog.

But, even simpler, anyone with roommates gets used to a certain level of noise. Doors opening/closing, people walking around, talking, phones ringing, fans, toilet flushing... you either learn to sleep through it or you go nuts from sleep deprivation.
True; his return may not have been noticed.

I think I did hear they had been drinking earlier, though I don’t think it was very heavily, IMO. I’m just basing that thought on the doorbell cam video of Caleb and the two friends letting the dog wander around. They all had the appearance of being unaffected by alcohol.

But, yes, I do realize how some may get used to sleeping through noises.

I just know that, for me, with a new pet, I would worry and be sleeping “with one eye open”. And, also, sleeping in a bed other than my own makes it harder for me to sleep well and soundly, too. So, being on the couch instead of my bed would be another reason I’d be sleeping lightly.

All just my thoughts and opinions.

LE can search a car, home, barn,shed....etc....with the owner's permission. They do not need a warrant in that circumstance. If LE has a reason they need to search a dwelling and owner's permission is denied then LE has to go before a judge and convince him/her to sign a search warrant. If the search warrant is later found to be faulty then any evidence found in the search will be unusable in court.
They'd have to have a reason to believe that Caleb was in an apartment or evidence regarding his disappearance was in there before they'd be able to get a search warrant if the owner says no. I don't see that happening at this point because LE does not think Caleb is in any of the apartments. I'm sure they have their reasons.
“…LE does not think Caleb is in any of the apartments.”

This could mean that they don’t believe he is CURRENTLY in any of the apartments. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they (LE) doesn’t have reason to believe and/or have evidence that he WAS in one of the apartments prior to being coerced or forcibly removed, or that he may have been incapacitated or killed before being removed from the apartments.

This could mean that they don’t believe he is CURRENTLY in any of the apartments. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they (LE) doesn’t have reason to believe and/or have evidence that he WAS in one of the apartments prior to being coerced or forcibly removed, or that he may have been incapacitated or killed before being removed from the apartments.
I wonder if they are following up on this aspect. And why they said his disappearance was so baffling. If they had solid leads they likely wouldn’t say that? Just pondering….

SBM
It must be that they have reason to believe he left the complex to meet someone. Why else would they rule it out?
They did search all the empty apartments and talked to the residents.They went door to door and also asked residents to check their ring cameras, and one young woman realized she had him on video. It was filmed before he went missing though, so while it gives context and helps with a timeline there is nothing in that video itself that is suspicious. When someone goes missing LE does parallel investigations of those closest to the missing person, and they also start spreading out in an ever widening circle away from the inner circle of family and friends if no evidence is found among that group. I believe this is true of Caleb's case. LE believes Caleb was disappeared by someone who wasn't close to him.....maybe a complete stranger.
Those cases are usually very hard to solve, and may take years.

His last phone pings were not inside the complex. Also the complex was searched and canvassed early on. LE would've gotten warrants if they'd had any reason to believe Caleb was in an apartment. I don't believe they're being negligent.
IMHO LE has some kind of evidence that caused them to go in a different direction.

Just thoughts.
I don't think the fact that the roommate slept on the couch is significant. College kids have no problem sleeping on a couch (even when they have a bed). Did he share a bedroom with another roommate who maybe had company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member