Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post and response removed>

Gruesome art is nothing new - pick any generation and you'll find it (and people who hate it).

FWIW, I still consider VH a victim unless evidence proves otherwise.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Other criminologists think RH's pathology could be attributed to his controlling mother:

Criminologist Scott Bonn, who accurately profiled the accused Gilgo Beach killer back in 2011, said that Heuermann was a “psychopath” and had heard his mom was “controlling and domineering,” which could have shaped his twisted persona.

“He had a kind of an unusual, incestuous [relationship], in an emotional sense, with his mother, [which] could be a contributing factor to his pathology,” said Bonn, who has extensively interviewed David Berkowitz, the Son of Sam, who had his own set of mommy issues.

“Who knows what was ticking beneath the surface,” the criminologist added. “He may [have been] projecting the loving doting son, when in fact there may have been some deep-seated resentment toward Mom.”

That guy is taking a victory lap? He described the "average" serial killer.

It also seems like a no brainer that family relationships, including father/Rex, mother/Rex were less than healthy. That is also pretty typical although there is no causality that I have ever heard of. It's not like emotional incest---which may have occurred----automatically leads to serial killing.

It is of note that Rex is the one who seemed to most live with his mother, move his mother, etc., when he has 3 siblings. He took over the marital home.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Other criminologists think RH's pathology could be attributed to his controlling mother:

Criminologist Scott Bonn, who accurately profiled the accused Gilgo Beach killer back in 2011, said that Heuermann was a “psychopath” and had heard his mom was “controlling and domineering,” which could have shaped his twisted persona.

“He had a kind of an unusual, incestuous [relationship], in an emotional sense, with his mother, [which] could be a contributing factor to his pathology,” said Bonn, who has extensively interviewed David Berkowitz, the Son of Sam, who had his own set of mommy issues.

“Who knows what was ticking beneath the surface,” the criminologist added. “He may [have been] projecting the loving doting son, when in fact there may have been some deep-seated resentment toward Mom.”

That's consistent with what I know of him too, more or less. I think there was a level of enmeshment which suited them both.. Not sure how his other bro felt about that or even if it's relevant..

I, for one, am quite confused with all the innuendos and speculations that are pouring out from "experts" of something
We desperately need some new real facts to get back on track!
But who am I kidding, the "experts" of things will only be louder and more plentiful.

Facts, I want facts.

anybody up for running a list of missing women against his years of activity?
It is my greatest fear that he will be merely charged with a few.
At one point we had a list of all the buildings he could access..
AI might come in handy for a task such as this...
I don't trust it but it might be a starting point?

I may regret opening this can of worms, but out of curiosity, I wonder how many people disturbed by the artwork on VH's alleged Tumblr account have pursued a Fine Arts degree. I'm asking because even though I was an English major, most of my electives were art-based. In my art classes, we studied the works of famous Renaissance artists such as Caravaggio in depth. I assume VH would have had to, as well. So, I'll use him as an example.

For those who don't know, Caravaggio was likened to Michaelangelo in the late 1500s to early 1600s—though they were creative rivals. While Michaelangelo took a more gentle approach to his work, Caravaggio's works were dark. Both men were renowned for their paintings of Biblically-themed images. Both men were commissioned by Catholic clergy. Both men's works served to influence other famous artists, including Rembrandt.

Caravaggio, too, was known for the blood and gore in his art (again, based on Biblical themes). Some of his most famous works include a skull, beheadings, and other violence. In many eyes, it was pretty racy stuff for his era despite living in a violent age. Given the world affairs of the past decade, one could argue that VH lives in a violent age.

However, today, Caravaggio's works are revered as fine examples of the Baroque style and hang in museums, cathedrals, and private collections worldwide.

screenshot-2024-06-17-071325-png.510939
View attachment 510940View attachment 510941

Clearly, VH is no Caravaggio.

But, she may have studied his work in school and, like those who own his works (looking at you, Vatican), found an appreciation for darker/grittier art. Art appreciation isn't just about the visual image depicted. It's about the strokes of the artist's brush, the molding of the material, and the telling of a story - all left open to the viewer's interpretation.

Now, I know many will say none of this would be relevant if she weren't the daughter of a serial killer. Apart from that, many have said how disgusting and demented the images displayed were and implied whoever created them must be demented, and well, that bothers me. How quickly some will judge simply because something doesn't align with their belief system.

I just wanted to point out that maybe, just maybe, at the time she had her Tumblr account, she was exploring darker themes and was/is innocent* of her father's crimes.

*Innocent, as in having no knowledge of or participation in

Still, those paintings were from a time when ”hung, drawn and quartered” was a rather common punishment.

That said, of course a goth set of aesthetics is hardly illegal or indicative of anything. Delving into the most perverted - the cannibalism and carving new orifices - aspects probably shows a preoccupation that is unusual.

Approx.@4:40, Real estate guy working with RH, says that RH wanted to buy the house he had been working on as an architect.
Apparently, this was an unusual thing for an architect and that RH was quite pushy about it too, "He was adamant about it'', "what did he all of a sudden want the property for?", "It was a red flag"

Why did he want to buy that property so badly, wondering where it is located??, imo speculation

Jun 11, 2024 #gilgobeach #banfield #rexheuermann
Former co-workers of Rex Heuermann, the man who is accused of killing six women, are speaking out about behavior they witnessed during work.

Didn't VH mention being inspired by Francis Bacon?
Yes, I did read that somewhere...can't recall where.

I had originally thought the reference was to the philosopher of the same name and was slightly confused. However, a quick Googling had me looking at images that closely resemble those attributed to VH and her Tumblr feed during last week's press conference, especially his "Man and Beast" exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts in London a few years ago.

if she deleted her account then there's no reason to delete individual posts so what is he even talking about
I believe he mistook her "newsfeed" (in Facebook terms) as reposting. Newsfeed being anything new coming across from the people she was following. IMO anyway. Also, it was her other social media accounts that were deleted. All but Tumblr

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before here, but has anyone suggested that VH's supposed interests may be more innate than learned? Kinks and fetishes are still being studied, but there is research out there suggesting they are genetic and passed down/inherited from parents. Not always learned. A lot of people know what they like at a young age, before sexual material even influences them. We've seen it in serial killers before. I mean, if that story about Rex suspending a girl into the air during high school is true (I take it with a grain of salt), it does seem like Rex knew what he liked before adulthood. VH being into this stuff, if she actually is, could simply be a trait present in her father that also occurred in her.

And, as gross as someone may find it, that doesn't mean they have committed a crime. There are online communities with people like this, they make grotesque fanart and gory fanfiction, which again, doesn't suggest illegal activity. I really don't think she was involved. Not because of her character or anything, because I don't know her, but because Rex was so tedious and took great steps so he would not get caught. (We know how that went though.) Let's say for hypothetical purposes he did kill after 2010 -- which is the only way she could have known -- involving his daughter in subsequent murders would drastically increase the chances of her going to the police. It also seemed like a 1 man operation, if you know what I mean.

Also, I think it's possible she did see some aspects of her father's "hobby" or at the very least saw his Google searches. I found disturbing searches on my stepfather's computer as a child, and they still stick with me to this day. All it took was me being nosy on the computer and accidentally typing a word that was very close to the search term he had looked up. I find it hard to believe that a child wouldn't snoop, even just stumble on something and they didn't realize what it was years later. I really think that's the extent of it.

All my own thoughts. I know most of us want to move on from this point but I've been sitting on this for a while... hope that's OK.

MOD NOTE:

Articles that are not specific to this case are not allowed. Articles that are lists of traits of serial killers or how to spot a serial killer, or how to make sure your dog isn't a serial killer are not allowed.

Articles that are opinion are not allowed, and such articles don't have to say "OPINION" at the top of the page to still be opinion. This includes opinion by experts nobody has ever head of and who have not interviewed RH.

Thanks for your help.

Knitty,

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before here, but has anyone suggested that VH's supposed interests may be more innate than learned? Kinks and fetishes are still being studied, but there is research out there suggesting they are genetic and passed down/inherited from parents. Not always learned. A lot of people know what they like at a young age, before sexual material even influences them. We've seen it in serial killers before. I mean, if that story about Rex suspending a girl into the air during high school is true (I take it with a grain of salt), it does seem like Rex knew what he liked before adulthood. VH being into this stuff, if she actually is, could simply be a trait present in her father that also occurred in her.

And, as gross as someone may find it, that doesn't mean they have committed a crime. There are online communities with people like this, they make grotesque fanart and gory fanfiction, which again, doesn't suggest illegal activity. I really don't think she was involved. Not because of her character or anything, because I don't know her, but because Rex was so tedious and took great steps so he would not get caught. (We know how that went though.) Let's say for hypothetical purposes he did kill after 2010 -- which is the only way she could have known -- involving his daughter in subsequent murders would drastically increase the chances of her going to the police. It also seemed like a 1 man operation, if you know what I mean.

Also, I think it's possible she did see some aspects of her father's "hobby" or at the very least saw his Google searches. I found disturbing searches on my stepfather's computer as a child, and they still stick with me to this day. All it took was me being nosy on the computer and accidentally typing a word that was very close to the search term he had looked up. I find it hard to believe that a child wouldn't snoop, even just stumble on something and they didn't realize what it was years later. I really think that's the extent of it.

All my own thoughts. I know most of us want to move on from this point but I've been sitting on this for a while... hope that's OK.

I appreciate your point. I certainly think there is lots of research out there on hereditary violence.

Right now there is a case that blew up in LA. A guy killed a girlfriend from 13'years ago, kidnapped her 2 daughters, and killed one of them. Evidence shows that the dead daughter and the living daughter (I think she is 6) were in an area noted for sex trafficking .
The SISTER of the killer says he has been bad forever, and always trying to emulate his father, a serial killer.

And not speculating VH, but really hope we learn more about other family members, because we know sooo little, or some are soooo distant and unknown.
It is just so hard to study RH, and not believe there is weirder history here.
moo.moo.

Last edited:
Who will or won't be standing by RH tomorrow if his June 18,2024 court appearance is still scheduled?

April 17,2024
"Heuermann is due back in court on June 18. Judge Timothy Mazzie wants all discovery turned over by the end of July."

While I didn't come away from JR's press conference believing nor thinking (nor even contemplating) VH's actual involvement in any crimes. I did come away thinking she (and maybe others) were likely exposed to and were aware (or knew) that gruesome torture sex/physical harm might have been acceptable/taking place in the home. And, that is quite troubling to me (and I understand that may not be troubling to others). However, I do find it strange that just sharing the thought of her awareness here on WS was quickly translated into the assumption of complicity in any crimes - regardless of what JR may have said or implied.

jmo

Still, those paintings were from a time when ”hung, drawn and quartered” was a rather common punishment.

That said, of course a goth set of aesthetics is hardly illegal or indicative of anything. Delving into the most perverted - the cannibalism and carving new orifices - aspects probably shows a preoccupation that is unusual.

I think the interest in gore *advertiser censored* seems important in this case because the individual is the daughter of a serial killer who killed women in their own home and was active for most of her life. It's context.

ETA: Not saying she was involved in the killings, but that there might be some other association. JMO

That said, I'm going to wait to see what develops, if there's new information. Not much more can be done except send best wishes to all of the victims.

Last edited:
While I didn't come away from JR's press conference believing nor thinking (nor even contemplating) VH's actual involvement in any crimes. I did come away thinking she (and maybe others) were likely exposed to and were aware (or knew) that gruesome torture sex/physical harm might have been acceptable/taking place in the home. And, that is quite troubling to me (and I understand that may not be troubling to others). However, I do find it strange that just sharing the thought of her awareness here on WS was quickly translated into the assumption of complicity in any crimes - regardless of what JR may have said or implied.

jmo
I agree with your take-away from the info at the presser.

But I felt like there was an unnecessarily harsh jump to "How could such terrible, mean things be said about VH?" with excessive pearl clutching.

Was John Ray was suggesting that VH was interested in the images from a point of view of liking them? I think he was. Do I agree with that? Not really. Not that I have any special information, but I tend to think these images and that awful (for its timing) tee shirt were more likely VH trying to make sense of her father than liking the same things.

I really don't get why people couldn't calmly react to the info and calmly disagree with the inferences.

I think John Ray has an extra reason he might be side-eyeing any female who could in any way, shape or form be an accomplice. He mentioned a female being involved with the pizza sending stalking incident. That had to be very scary, being that the people involved are likely murderers.

I don't take the information as something that means to me VH was involved rather than affected by Rex. But that doesn't mean I throw out the information, just because ai don't interpret it the same way.

I recall that John Ray has not yet brought us information that was wrong. Ever.

I just interpret it my way. VH was obviously impacted by Rex in some way, and is thus, a witness.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member