Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that the crux of this? So far, for the specific crimes the taskforce has found evidence to charge RH for, the family has been out of town.

They appear free and clean ON THIS CASE.

I take those statements to mean the family will not get a free pass on any other crime unless the evidence excludes them.
Well, there are three things.

1) We don't know how long victims were kept alive, nor do we know how long they were kept deceased. (Jessica, happy heavenly birthday, sweet angel, is the only victim we have a clear clue as to possible torso disposal date.)

2) There is a highly credible question about the dates of the Atlantic City trip.

3) Even if the family is shown to be away abduction through disposal of evidence, there would have to be clues like the construction and drain cleaning and burning and staining, possible new tires, old box of garbage bags, which was hardly used, has been replaced with a new package, etc. I get how hindsight is a different thing from knowing real time, and I know coercive control is likely, and can cause one to see what the controller wishes to be seen. So for this reason, I'd understand if the other residents of the house would not know what signs were signs. But they are witnesses and they have seen signs even if they don't know what they are. (In the spirit of presumption of innocence: what they saw, even if they can't identify it, could be exonerating evidence.)

Don't confuse being a witness and being accused. They are different things.

MOO

Ok, jmo, I doubt it's an anagram, honestly. He didn't anticipate anyone seeing this. Still, I'm going to bite and just run this past you. MISS-LEADERS

Okay, so if I take just this part MISS-LE, it looks like "missile" to me. Okay, no "I," though. But if I add the "I" in with the remaining letters, I can get RAIDERS. So MISS(I)LE RAIDERS. Do I think this has some significance? Okay, well, I'd think of a dart gun. And if you "miss," maybe. And darts are projectiles, a type of missile.

But JMO, I think he's just a really bad speller. I think he was just looking out for those victims he drew information from and was anticipating he may not always have gotten the "full truth." Alternatively, maybe he was "reaching out" to others of the same twisted mind as his own, maybe in a limited way, maybe not, for information/collaboration and he knew that he couldn't fully trust them. But if I like "had to" go with an anagram type of deal, it would be the MISS(I)LE RAIDERS/"miss" like dart gun, perhaps.
I don't think RH is necessarily a bad speller. It's likely that the text was not written manually but rather using a dictation method, such as Apple's Siri or Google's Voice Typing, which resulted in some unusual spelling errors.

The court date has changed.

Heuermann was remanded without bail and is expected in court July 30.

Next Appearance​

• Date:July 30, 2024
  • Time:09:00 AM
  • Court:Suffolk County Court
  • Suffolk County Court-Riverhead
  • Judge:Mazzei, Timothy P.
  • Part:7

From the CNN article:
The 60-year-old architect was taken by surprise by Thursday’s charges, and he is “in a bad place in terms of the new charges,” his attorney Michael Brown said after his client appeared in an eastern Long Island courtroom.

Poor baby...

I don't think RH is necessarily a bad speller. It's likely that the text was not written manually but rather using a dictation method, such as Apple's Siri or Google's Voice Typing, which resulted in some unusual spelling errors.

I recall seeing a recent interview with two people who worked with RH previously, and one of them stated RH was not prone to misspelling words, particularly in documents (associated with his work). She suggested he had used some sort of speech to text just as you mentioned. I believe this is the correct link to that interview:

Welcome to WS :)

The court date has changed.

Heuermann was remanded without bail and is expected in court July 30.

Next Appearance​

• Date:July 30, 2024
  • Time:09:00 AM
  • Court:Suffolk County Court
  • Suffolk County Court-Riverhead
  • Judge:Mazzei, Timothy P.
  • Part:7

Also within the CNN article:

The bail application highlights that two different forensic laboratories determined hairs recovered on five of the six charged victims were tied to Heuermann, members of his immediate family or to people he lived with, according to the document.

What am I forgetting here????? Just the step-son or someone else???

yes, yes.
We do keep bringing this up on the threads, but with all the posts and pages, it gets "lost in translation" ha ha.

I don't know if it has been specifically been stated that they found such technology.... but I strongly believe he used something like Seri, or more modern versions. Audio translation tools have been around for decades, and they do misspell.

Also within the CNN article:

The bail application highlights that two different forensic laboratories determined hairs recovered on five of the six charged victims were tied to Heuermann, members of his immediate family or to people he lived with, according to the document.

What am I forgetting here????? Just the step-son or someone else???
IIRC 2 of AE, 1 of RH, I VH and 1 of his first wife or gf who lived in his home in ‘93

Aren't there news reports out there about RH's brother involved in a car crash when he was young resulting in the death of a police officer... he was drunk/on drugs or something? I wonder if he was convicted in that? I'd don't know about the other info.

jmo

ETA:

I wonder if RH started killing shortly after his brother went to prison. Would he have been left home alone with his mother at that point? MOO

Did you see this piece?
IMO:
Knowing what her father is accused of certainly warrants a much closer description and possible interpretation of this piece and why she liked it.
Did she paint it too?
Just "bite marks"?
Just blood shot eyes and fanged teeth?
It very well portrays mutilation, rape, death, Nechophilia.

<modsnip>
Yes. I have seen that piece. In the link you posted, from Newsweek, they have conveniently cropped off VH's explanation of this piece. She felt necessary to say that the piece was inspired (and it is in the style of) Francis Bacon. Probably because it's not her usual art style and it's not content she usually would explore.

What I and we all know about VH is that she went to art school. I did too. It is not uncommon for artists to explore mediums and content in the style of classic artists (Francis Bacon is one) as a way to expand your own style and expression. Its actually quite common for this to be an assignment while in art school. Artists will usually pick an artist diametrically opposed to what they are used to as a way to grow and expand - to get out of their comfort zone and box. If you look at what VH used to post online, like multiple cartoons of humanized foxes talking to each other, it makes sense.

Also, never forget - Art is subjective. Art critique is made up of what the viewer sees in the art and quite often not even close to what the artist is trying to convey - or not convey! I'm not surprised that the subject of art (not matter who's it is) is a hot topic - we all interpret it differently and we see what we want to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>
Yes. I have seen that piece. In the link you posted, from Newsweek, they have conveniently cropped off VH's explanation of this piece. She felt necessary to say that the piece was inspired (and it is in the style of) Francis Bacon. Probably because it's not her usual art style and it's not content she usually would explore.

What I and we all know about VH is that she went to art school. I did too. It is not uncommon for artists to explore mediums and content in the style of classic artists (Francis Bacon is one) as a way to expand your own style and expression. Its actually quite common for this to be an assignment while in art school. Artists will usually pick an artist diametrically opposed to what they are used to as a way to grow and expand - to get out of their comfort zone and box. If you look at what VH used to post online, like multiple cartoons of humanized foxes talking to each other, it makes sense.

Also, never forget - Art is subjective. Art critique is made up of what the viewer sees in the art and quite often not even close to what the artist is trying to convey - or not convey! I'm not surprised that the subject of art (not matter who's it is) is a hot topic - we all interpret it differently and we see what we want to see.
By being the daughter of an accused SK who is charged with torturing and mutilating 6 women to death it just so happens that VH was inspired by Bacon and enough so to paint her own image trying to reflect off of his style and then posts it is what I see as concerning.

Was it Bacon's life that also inspired her?

Of all the artists in the world it was Bacon.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, yes.
We do keep bringing this up on the threads, but with all the posts and pages, it gets "lost in translation" ha ha.

I don't know if it has been specifically been stated that they found such technology.... but I strongly believe he used something like Seri, or more modern versions. Audio translation tools have been around for decades, and they do misspell.
I don't think they do caps lock, do they?

Maybe if you ask them too.

I know you can set word processing programs' spell checkers to skip all caps words.

MOO

<modsnip>

BBM:"Also, never forget - Art is subjective"

I see VH's "A Work in Progress" as quite clear and self-explanatory.
My question is whose identities could she be expressing in the mutilated female and the bloody male monster?

Last edited:
Impossible for it to be either of the named services. The document predates both by many, many years.

MOO

By being the daughter of an accused SK who is charged with torturing and mutilating 6 women to death it just so happens that VH was inspired by Bacon and enough so to paint her own image trying to reflect off of his style and then posts it is what I see as concerning.

Was it Bacon's life that also inspired her?

Of all the artists in the world it was Bacon.

Hindsight makes a lot of things interesting, doesn't it?
Do you know if VH was assigned that artist? I don't but she could have been.
I know a lot of young artists gravitate to Bacon because he was "edgy". Not all of it but some of his art made the "non-art types" uncomfortable. I remember quite a few fans of his when I was in art school. My interests were piqued by Bacon. I hadn't seen anything like that before. I'm just saying here, as an artist myself, studying fine artists being interested in Bacon and knowing of Bacon is nothing of note. I'd be more concerned if an artist with a degree didn't know who Bacon was.

All that said, If Rex Heuermann is the only thing that makes Victoria's knowledge of/interest in Francis Bacon of note, then it's not about Victoria.

BBM:
I see VH's "A Work in Progress" as quite clear and self-explanatory.
My question is whose identities could she be expressing in the mutilated female and the bloody male monster?

This is what YOU see. This says more about YOU than the artist. And thats okay! There is nothing wrong with that. That is the point of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli