Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

Yes, I could. I graduated from high school with a gal who is on death row. She is the only female in the state on death row. We weren't best friends but we attended a very small school in a very small town. Everyone knew everyone, their extended family members, where they lived, etc. We were in the same "home room" all 4 years, and had classes together during that time. We chatted, attended a few of the same parties, football/basketball events, etc. I didn't commit her crimes and would never have suspected her of committing a horrific murder a few years after graduation. Do her crimes suggest I'm bad for knowing her?? So, that's why I'm surprised more haven't come forward.

ETA: I abhor the crimes she committed but I have compassion for her.

jmo
It's no reflection on you at all. Of course, it is odd none of his hunting buddies or friends have spoken. I'd think they'd be paid nicely by media for that information too.
MOO.

Since RH and first wife reportedly separated soon after they married and they divorced in '93, I'm guessing it's a different woman.
Oh really? IIRC the superseding bail document said she moved out in Sept '93. And his mother had moved out earlier that same year. I can't recall when his first marriage was, can you?

And what would they say? It's either going to be . . . "he hid it really well and I didn't suspect anything." or it's going to be ""Yeah old Rex, he's a creep. I totally knew he was a serial killer." In which case, why would you ever say that out loud to anybody.

Maybe they could say, "Yes, he was an excellent marksman." OR "He was a terrible shot" OR "He was a great shooter but was difficult to get along with." Heck, I'm interested in any insights into the life, behaviors, habits of a serial killer who had a torture chamber in his basement, brutally killed at least 6 victims, and wasn't caught for years. A killer who lived in a ramshackle house for years with three other family members, and kept his day-job with nary an obvious hitch.

jmo

Last edited:
Maybe RH wrote his manifesto in the dark, maybe even while sitting outside in his car?
Capitol letters are easier to see and to type some things, maybe more so when only using one hand.
Could it be a change in writing style when altered by alcohol or other?
speculation, imo, fwiw

Last edited:
She did live in the Target House, though. The hair could have laid about for a long time.
Did the wife live in the house? Wasn't RH living in Freeport when they married? Witness #3 did live in the target house. Yes, found it, RH was in Freeport in 1990, the year he married. Perhaps when he and wife split, he moved back to his family home, then moved another woman in. I'm fairly sure LE has indicated that Witness #3 was not the ex-wife.

Attachments

• 1718670013249.png
    1718670013249.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 19
Impossible for it to be either of the named services. The document predates both by many, many years.

MOO
Agreed, and if it were the case that he used some primitive version of such an app/service, I would think the document wouldn't just have "several" errors, it would be absolutely riddled with them. I think he really is just a bad speller.

Did the wife live in the house? Wasn't RH living in Freeport when they married? Witness #3 did live in the target house. Yes, found it, RH was in Freeport in 1990, the year he married. Perhaps when he and wife split, he moved back to his family home, then moved another woman in. I'm fairly sure LE has indicated that Witness #3 was not the ex-wife.
Wondering about this too, I still have a feeling that's his ex -wife but some are saying no. It will be extremely interesting either way, but I'd find it even more so if it's not the ex-wife.

Maybe they could say, "Yes, he was an excellent marksman." OR "He was a terrible shot" OR "He was a great shooter but was difficult to get along with." Heck, I'm interested in any insights into the life, behaviors, habits of a serial killer who had a torture chamber in his basement, brutally killed at least 6 victims, and wasn't caught for years. A killer who lived in a ramshackle house for years with three other family members, and kept his day-job with nary an obvious hitch.

jmo
There must be someone, somewhere who might have a nice thing to say about RH.
We've heard next to nothing from anyone who once knew him, mostly his neighbors or associates/employees, a former student from his school.
When I watched him in that video where he was interviewed, to me he just seemed like a big galoot, nerdy, awkward.
IMO

And maybe the misspelling came in later??' I am talking blind here....I personally did not take time to really study his misspellings
I was merely commenting on the possibility of speech recognition.
But honestly, the earlier the device the more misspelled !!!
I summarized the misspellings:

Spelling issue (corrected spelling in parentheses):

Miss-leaders (misleaders)
Platic (plastic)
Lie (lye)
Scaner (scanner)
Durn can (burn can)
Ratched cargo strap (rachet cargo strap)
Dumster (dumpster)
Distroy (destroy)
Drop clothes (drop cloths)
Distroy (destroy)
Platic bas (plastic bags)
Trace evendice (trace evidence)
Tatoos (tattoos)
Tourture (torture)
Creats problems (creates problems)
Drop clothes (drop cloths)
Hevey rope (heavy rope)
Tightend (tightened)
Originanized vs disoriginanized (organized vs disorganized)
Subtitution (substitution)
Muiltition = Disoriginanizeded (mutilation = disorganized)

Wondering about this too, I still have a feeling that's his ex -wife but some are saying no. It will be extremely interesting either way, but I'd find it even more so if it's not the ex-wife.
Indeed. Plus, I'm wondering why RH's mother would move out of her longtime home. Was the couple arguing all the time? Did it get violent? Just have to wonder.

There must be someone, somewhere who might have a nice thing to say about RH.
We've heard next to nothing from anyone who once knew him, mostly his neighbors or associates/employees, a former student from his school.
When I watched him in that video where he was interviewed, to me he just seemed like a big galoot, nerdy, awkward.
IMO
He had a coworker who slipped on the ice and reported Rex went out of his way to get her and MRI for a dx, home, and picked up a prescription.

On retrospect and with the charges in mind, it seems like grooming behavior, but on its face it seemed "nice" to her.

MOO

When did his mother move out of the house? Was it before or after first wife left the home? I need a timeline refresher every time I think about who lived where and when, and who moved in and when.

Last edited:
And what would they say? It's either going to be . . . "he hid it really well and I didn't suspect anything." or it's going to be ""Yeah old Rex, he's a creep. I totally knew he was a serial killer." In which case, why would you ever say that out loud to anybody.

People can sometimes provide helpful information about things he did or said around the times of the murders. They can sometimes provide things to help clarify timelines and evidence. Did they see RH on a certain day with mud on his car, like he was stuck somewhere? Did anyone ever see him in certain locations looking to pick up women? Lots of things.

Prosecutors are going to have to do some work on a couple of the cases where there's no DNA or similar evidence. No cell phone data, etc. They probably could use more information.

Indeed. Plus, I'm wondering why RH's mother would move out of her longtime home. Was the couple arguing all the time? Did it get violent? Just have to wonder.
YES!!! Totally agreed on this! His mother was gone it looks like immediately. So he bought the "family home," the home his parents raised him in, which implies all this devotion and attachment. But then I'm guessing immediately afterwards, the supposed object of all that devotion was out the door. You really have to wonder what drove that dynamic. NOT sure what that could mean, but it's definitely interesting!

When did his mother move out of the house? Was it before or after first wife left the home? I need a timeline refresher every time I think about who lived where and when, and who moved in and when.
According to the bail document, Rex's mother moved out of the home two months before Witness #3 left in September 1993.

YES!!! Totally agreed on this! His mother was gone it looks like immediately. So he bought the "family home," the home his parents raised him in, which implies all this devotion and attachment. But then I'm guessing immediately afterwards, the supposed object of all that devotion was out the door. You really have to wonder what drove that dynamic. NOT sure what that could mean, but it's definitely interesting!
"Heuermann purchased the humble six-room home in 1994 for $170,000."

It appears likely RH was single when he bought the house.

One might assume losing this wrongful death lawsuit in Nov 1993 (same month and yr as Sandra Costilla's death) filed by CR could have been a upsetting factor for RH and his family, maybe??

"Heuermann purchased the humble six-room home in 1994 for $170,000."

It appears likely RH was single when he bought the house.
Okay, and the mother was already gone, and Witness 3 was already gone. Seeing it was sold in May of 1994. So they didn't even wait until he formally purchased it. Wonder what was going on with that.

Price History​

DateEventPricePrice/SqftSource
03/24/1998Sold$195,000$147Public Record
05/12/1994Sold$170,000$128Public Record

I wonder if he was living at this address in 1989. does anyone know? Carmen Vargas' body was found in September 1989 with her ankles tied off the meadowbrook parkway less than a mile south of merrick road which is about a 1.5 mile drive from this address. she was very petite so would fit his type. she immediately popped into my mind when I saw this address (93 Bedell street Freeport NY)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50
Back