TX- Jocelyn Nungaray,12 strangled, left under bridge. Houston June 17, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Tbone144

Reaction score
Details still seem to be emerging

Investigators learned that the girl left her home sometime after 10 p.m. Sunday night. Police said the family was not aware that she had left their residence and a missing person’s report was not filed. Police said the girl’s mother and family are devastated by the news.

According to the press conference:
the victim is a white 12 year old girl.
Her body was found at 6am, before her family even knew she was missing.
They are not releasing her identity until they have official confirmation of her identity from the medical examiner and even then they might not release it due to specific circumstances.
She lived easy walking distance from the place where here body was found.
Even though it was very shallow where she was found, the dive team was brought in since they have the skills to search water.
Police are asking for the public's assistance.
HPD: 12-year-old girl who sneaked out of home in north Houston found dead

Did someone lure her out?
Did the family know that person?
Houston PD is keeping many things close to their vest, but they are hoping to get some tips from the public.

Rest in peace, young one. :'(

Did someone lure her out?
Did the family know that person?
Houston PD is keeping many things close to their vest, but they are hoping to get some tips from the public.

Rest in peace, young one. :'(

I think for sure lured out. Did she have a phone with her? Can they check that device for contact details or would it be destroyed being in the water?

“We believe somebody did this horrible thing to her,” acting chief of police Larry Satterwhite said. “I’ve talked to this child’s mother. Of course, she is devastated. Her family is devastated. Her little girl is gone.”

Investigators learned that the girl left her home sometime after 10 p.m. Sunday night. Police said the family was not aware that she had left their residence and a missing person’s report was not filed.
12-year-old girl who snuck out of home found dead in Houston creek as police search for killer

I can only assume the girl had some form of ID or possibly her phone on or near her. If she wasn't even missing yet and parents didn't know she was gone how else would LE know who her mother was to talk with her? Terrible. I agree, she was lured. hoping LE have that phone because that is where the leads on that luring will be found JMO

Jean Jackson discovered girl’s body … Thought it may have been a mannequin.

From this story:
According to officials, the girl was talking to her 13-year-old boyfriend on the phone late Sunday night and was at a convenience store when the boyfriend overheard her talking to two men.

LE absolutely believes this is a crime. They are withholding a lot of details...and I'm sure some of it is very disturbing.

The mayor spoke at the press conference. This is a large city. How often does a mayor of a major city speak at a press conference about the murder of one person. He even gave the victim's mother a call.
The mayor did admit that one of the reasons he came to the press conference was to push for greater funding for the the HPD and HFD. I'm also guessing that he knew that this case...a 12 year old girl, would likely get a lot of publicity.

Having said that he very likely is very upset about the murder. He mentioned his grandchildren a couple of times during the presser.

Another point, he said they wouldn't rest until they got all of the 'bad actors' associated with this crime arrested. It sounds like he believes there is more than one person involved.

LE absolutely believes this is a crime. They are withholding a lot of details...and I'm sure some of it is very disturbing.

The mayor spoke at the press conference. This is a large city. How often does a mayor of a major city speak at a press conference about the murder of one person. He even gave the victim's mother a call.
The mayor did admit that one of the reasons he came to the press conference was to push for greater funding for the the HPD and HFD. I'm also guessing that he knew that this case...a 12 year old girl, would likely get a lot of publicity.

Having said that he very likely is very upset about the murder. He mentioned his grandchildren a couple of times during the presser.

Another point, he said they wouldn't rest until they got all of the 'bad actors' associated with this crime arrested. It sounds like he believes there is more than one person involved.
I am guessing there is very clear evidence of homicide, likely sexually motivated.

Above it said the person who found her thought it was a mannequin. That's generally because an unclothed body, lightened with pallor, is similar in shape and form.

Less easy to mistake a fully clothed body for one, even though most mannequins we see in stores are clothed.

MOO

Looks to be in the round about area of

293 W Rankin Rd

Houston, Texas

You can see the cube smart in this video

The closest apts seem to be the

Cambury Place Apartments.

Possible options for surveillance since there is a armed forces reserve right there. IF this is the correct apartments. Gas station, nearby as well so possible surveillance. A lot of apartments even have cameras now days though so hopefully someone picked up more.

There is also the

Chisholm Trail Apartments nearby.

all just IMO

I believe this is the 'convenience store' that the media is showing on their newscasts (7 Eleven). That doesn't mean it's the correct one, as there are other ones to the west of where the victim's body was found. It just might be an assumption by the media.
Google Maps

And as I think about the victim's 13 year old boyfriend, I can't imagine how this poor young kid feels right now. :( That would be a lot to handle at that age, particularly since he know knows she was about to be murdered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTonic
Back