TX- Jocelyn Nungaray,12 strangled, left under bridge. Houston June 17, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe this is the 'convenience store' that the media is showing on their newscasts (7 Eleven).
A 7-11, or other franchise / corperate owned convenience store would really help the investigation as I bet they rules that establish a mandatory number of cameras that must be installed. I would not be surprised if parking lot coverage is also mandatory.
and was at a convenience store when the boyfriend overheard her talking to two men.
As a side note, "men" can be a relative term when used by a 13 year old. 13 year olds are not in high school yet and might not be accustomed to hearing older high school aged youths whose voices and even physical appearances can resemble adult men.

JUNE 18, 2024
Houston police are asking for the public’s help in identifying two persons of interest wanted for questioning in the death of a juvenile female found at 400 West Rankin Road about 6:15 a.m. on Monday (June 17).

The persons of interest are described only as two males of unknown age, wearing baseball style caps. Surveillance photos of the two are attached to this news release.

The identity of the female victim, 12, is pending verification by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
HPD Homicide Division Sergeant R. Olive and Detective T. Tyler reported:

HPD patrol officers responded to a person down call at the above address and found the body of the female in a shallow creek.

Investigators believe there is foul play involved in this incident.
Further investigation by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences has ruled the girl’s cause of death as strangulation.
Anyone with information on the identities of the two persons of interest or in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or speak anonymously with Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

Poor kid:(
Probably lured outside or thought she could sneak out get some snacks and sneak back in. If she was lured by an older male I doubt she would call the boyfriend. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm admittedly a bit confused; can someone please confirm if my understanding of the timeline is correct?
  1. Victim sneaks out of her house after 10pm and arrives at a convenience store
  2. She speaks to her 13yo boyfriend on the phone while at the store
  3. He overhears her speaking to two adult men (presumably the POIs)
  4. Contact is lost and her dead body is found a few hours later
MOO.

I'm admittedly a bit confused; can someone please confirm if my understanding of the timeline is correct?
MOO.
that is my understanding of the sequence of events

JUNE 18, 2024
Houston police are asking for the public’s help in identifying two persons of interest wanted for questioning in the death of a juvenile female found at 400 West Rankin Road about 6:15 a.m. on Monday (June 17).

The persons of interest are described only as two males of unknown age, wearing baseball style caps. Surveillance photos of the two are attached to this news release.

The identity of the female victim, 12, is pending verification by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.

HPD patrol officers responded to a person down call at the above address and found the body of the female in a shallow creek.

Further investigation by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences has ruled the girl’s cause of death as strangulation.
Anyone with information on the identities of the two persons of interest or in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or speak anonymously with Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

If LE can get a list of cell numbers in the area, maybe that would help. To me, it looks like the guy in the light shirt is looking at his cellphone in the bottom right photo. (And maybe he's wearing an apple watch too?)

MOO.
That seems to be the case. I did see one article that mentioned that Mom laid her baby down at 10 but then the baby woke up between 10-12. So it is possible she snuck out sometime past 12. I wonder if she was meeting someone there for something and thought speaking to her BF during that time would keep her safe or made her feel more comfortable not being alone. BF may have already given that info LE just hasn't released it.

JUNE 18, 2024

These two look like they could be Teens or early 20s. I wonder if the way they dress is common for that area.

There is several gas stations on this street that have little stores. There is a Mobil that is 24 hours nearby. MOO

"
Police released surveillance photos from the 7-Eleven convenience store where the girl was last seen. In these images, investigators saw two persons of interest they would like to question in connection to the girl’s death.

Investigators told KPRC 2′s Bryce Newberry the two men were the last to be seen with the girl, and they seemed to have first encountered her at the store."

This story mentions that the Mother tracked her phone to the creek. The original news seemed to make it sound like LE is who notified her that her daughter was found. If this is true, I wonder if this was a spur of the moment situation.

The 7 Eleven seems to be on Rankin and Kuykendahi rd, there is a close apt complex is The Augusta North Houston Apartments. and with this article they mention the streets.

"The grandmother said the girl and her family had recently moved to the area near Rankin Road and Kuykendahl Road. She described her as quiet, independent, smart and sweet. She dreamed of being an actress, and she loved music and spending time with her brother, she said."

Billie Jackson was driving home from dropping her husband off from work on Monday morning when she says she made the disturbing discovery.

"I drove past, and when I looked up the creek, I thought it was a mannequin. I did a U-turn, and I stopped on the bridge, put my flashers on, looked down, and realized it was someone. I parked right here and called 911 immediately," she said.
12-year-old Jocelyn Nungaray strangled to death, dumped in creek off Rankin Road in north Houston

for what it's worth, I think the intital reports were right. The mother may have tracked Jocelyn's phone to the crick but only after she was notified of her daughter's death by LE or arrived to the crick to be informed of same. That is my SPECULATION. Because press have spoken to the witness that located and reported finding her body and that was not mom.

LE absolutely believes this is a crime. They are withholding a lot of details...and I'm sure some of it is very disturbing.

The mayor spoke at the press conference. This is a large city. How often does a mayor of a major city speak at a press conference about the murder of one person. He even gave the victim's mother a call.
The mayor did admit that one of the reasons he came to the press conference was to push for greater funding for the the HPD and HFD. I'm also guessing that he knew that this case...a 12 year old girl, would likely get a lot of publicity.

Having said that he very likely is very upset about the murder. He mentioned his grandchildren a couple of times during the presser.

Another point, he said they wouldn't rest until they got all of the 'bad actors' associated with this crime arrested. It sounds like he believes there is more than one person involved.
This may be like some of the other cases we've discussed here, where things are much deeper than they may seem on the surface.

But are we sure these 2 are the perps?

Would they be so blatant?
So oblivious of cctv linking them to this crime?

Was the girl meeting someone that night?

RIP to the victim :(
Condolences to family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member