UT - Mia Bailey, 28, kills parents and tries to kill brother - June 18, 2024

Bb33

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

A Utah woman allegedly admitted to killing her parents and said she’d “do it again,” local police say.

View attachment 511927
She looks VERY different in the two pictures in the article. I wonder what the story is here….

ETA: didnt know I couldn’t tell people to search her on Facebook, so anyways here’s her Facebook! Mia Bailey | Facebook

JMO

Last edited:
The People article didn’t mention that Mia was born male and was in the midst of transitioning. I wonder if a lack of (or perceived lack of) support from the parents regarding that could have been part of Mia’s reasoning behind the murders.

Also from this article:
“Bailey reportedly bragged about avoiding law enforcement officers by jumping fences, hiding in bushes, and sleeping in a park bathroom.”

Completely remorseless. Crazy.

Bailey also told authorities that she had “strained relationships” with other relatives, some of whom told investigators they were “afraid” of her, the local outlet reported.

“These family members all sought alternative lodging for the night to ensure their safety,” the document read.

For Pete's sakes. If there was tension in the family regarding her transition, then move away ! Leave and live your life elsewhere. She is 28 years old ! Just leave.
So now she will be in prison for the rest of her life, with no freedom at all.
Horrible and senseless.

The People article didn’t mention that Mia was born male and was in the midst of transitioning. I wonder if a lack of (or perceived lack of) support from the parents regarding that could have been part of Mia’s reasoning behind the murders.

Also from this article:
“Bailey reportedly bragged about avoiding law enforcement officers by jumping fences, hiding in bushes, and sleeping in a park bathroom.”

Completely remorseless. Crazy.
We don't know what went on between her parents and Mia wrt her decision to have the transition done.
I would guess that a great part of it is because the transition was indeed done.
Hoping to hear more, but it's probably unlikely.
This is a sad, sad thing all the way around, IMO.

Last edited:
Sounds like a person unhappy with themselves and took it out on the people around them. Evil and selfish! Unbelievable that there is zero regret! So sad and my thoughts go out to the family of this couple lost in senseless violence

Just outside St. George in Washington, Utah Tuesday night, 28-year-old Mia Bailey, who’d legally had his name changed from Collin, was suspected of breaking into his parents’ home. It was there, according to court documents and police statements that, shortly after 7 p.m., he was alleged to have murdered his 70-year-old father, Joseph Bailey, and his 69-year-old mother, Gail Bailey.

The confusion of the suspect’s identity was immediately evident in police dispatch recordings shared by KUTV as the name Collin was presented and it was noted that the man went by Mia as officers attempted to discern who the suspect was and who had called in the shooting.
According to the court documents, Bailey, charged with 11 felony counts after his Wednesday arrest, had broken into the home, shot his father in the head and his mother three times before proceeding downstairs to the room of his brother and brother’s wife.

While they remained locked inside, the suspect was said to have fired through the door before fleeing the scene after which he was arrested in St. George after police located him with a firearm pointed at his own head.

After putting the community on alert, St. George Police Officer Tiffany Mitchell released a video statement on Facebook disclosing, “We have some good news. We have the suspect in custody. Everyone is safe. No one else was injured.”

Court documents referred to the suspect by his legal name and legally-changed gender and indicated that, “Mia told officers that she went to the residence with the intent to kill her parents. Mia stated ‘I would do it again. I hate them.'”

Just outside St. George in Washington, Utah Tuesday night, 28-year-old Mia Bailey, who’d legally had his name changed from Collin, was suspected of breaking into his parents’ home. It was there, according to court documents and police statements that, shortly after 7 p.m., he was alleged to have murdered his 70-year-old father, Joseph Bailey, and his 69-year-old mother, Gail Bailey.

The confusion of the suspect’s identity was immediately evident in police dispatch recordings shared by KUTV as the name Collin was presented and it was noted that the man went by Mia as officers attempted to discern who the suspect was and who had called in the shooting.
According to the court documents, Bailey, charged with 11 felony counts after his Wednesday arrest, had broken into the home, shot his father in the head and his mother three times before proceeding downstairs to the room of his brother and brother’s wife.

While they remained locked inside, the suspect was said to have fired through the door before fleeing the scene after which he was arrested in St. George after police located him with a firearm pointed at his own head.

After putting the community on alert, St. George Police Officer Tiffany Mitchell released a video statement on Facebook disclosing, “We have some good news. We have the suspect in custody. Everyone is safe. No one else was injured.”

Court documents referred to the suspect by his legal name and legally-changed gender and indicated that, “Mia told officers that she went to the residence with the intent to kill her parents. Mia stated ‘I would do it again. I hate them.'”
it seems really unnecessary to call her “him”. that’s not just about her specifically but for other trans people who will read this too.

Pure evil.

What I cannot process within my own understanding is the fact that they gave life to the very person that would end theirs. Imagine raising a child that will one day kill you. I feel great sorrow for the surviving family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeroAlpha
Back