Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
hmmm, I wish the orignal post had a link I could follow because this is new information for me. If true, then I agree, NC's parents total shock at her disappearance would seem as if it maybe shouldn't be so total IYKWIM
I cannot find that comment anywhere on the reporter's FB page. I'm sure it was there at some point, but I believe it has been removed. And I believe that suggests it was not true or maybe not supported by the parents.
The comment is still there. It's in a thread started by MBF which (currently) has 26 unfiltered replies, and Rose himself is replying to a comment in that thread by CNO.

Not much new. But did see this:

"Pullman police operations commander Aaron Breshears said Tuesday first-degree custodial interference is the only charge Aung is facing from Pullman police. He said police continue to investigate, and charges could be amended based on the findings of the investigation."

Hope I'm doing this right to be able to quote from an old thread. Think I followed the posted directions.

Post in thread 'WA - Nadia Erika Cole, 22, missing from SeaTac, 29 May 2024' WA - WA - Nadia Erika Cole, 22, missing from SeaTac, 29 May 2024

From David Rose, Fox 13 reporter: "I’m told by an LE source that apparently she didn’t want to go on the trip. She wants to get married against her parents wishes."

If true, I wonder who told LE that? I'm guessing the parents (or rather the dad-- he seems to do ALL the talking) may have said they were against a marriage. But did they know for a fairly long time that she really did not want to go to Italy? But they just ignored what she said? If so, at some point I have less sympathy for them.
MOO
She is a full-grown adult and college graduate on top of that. She can marry whomever she wants to marry with or without mommy and daddy's approval. That is no reason to abandon her parents (who are gifting her with a 3-week vacation in Italy) at the airport boarding gate and run away without telling them.

Immature. imo

Yet, the Aung family thinks she's just terrific.

jmo

I agree the dad probably wouldn't admit to a vacation for that reason. But he might have admitted they weren't in favor of a marriage. Once it became apparent NC was probably with AA, I can't really imagine him keeping any negative feelings about the relationship to himself. But maybe it did all come from a girlfriend of NC's. I just wonder if the parents did have warning she really didn't want to go to Italy.
MOO

It's one thing to be aware that she didn't want to go with them to Italy, but it's an different thing to know or predict, after she had packed for the trip, let her family pay for the trip, went to the airport with her family, waited until checked luggage was stowed and boarding was set to begin, thst she'd jilt them at the Airport altar. That is some kind of wicked entitlement on her part and I'm guessing it's beyond their comprehension too.

JMO

She is a full-grown adult and college graduate on top of that. She can marry whomever she wants to marry with or without mommy and daddy's approval. That is no reason to abandon her parents (who are gifting her with a 3-week vacation in Italy) at the airport boarding gate and run away without telling them.

Immature. imo

Yet, the Aung family thinks she's just terrific.

jmo
It sure was a big "f you" to her parents. Pretty rotten. Of course, we don't know any of these people and they may be rotten, too. Whatever the case, it sounds like they had big plans for Nadia's future and she wasn't having any of it. That would have been one thing and something that nobody would have held against her, down the road, but now she's gone and done this terrible and reckless thing and could even end up criminally charged (?) so she's gone and f'd her own self, now.

It's one thing to be aware that she didn't want to go with them to Italy, but it's an different thing to know or predict, after she had packed for the trip, let her family pay for the trip, went to the airport with her family, waited until checked luggage was stowed and boarding was set to begin, thst she'd jilt them at the Airport altar. That is some kind of wicked entitlement on her part and I'm guessing it's beyond their comprehension too.

JMO
I'm not defending NC's actions at the airport exactly. But IF she had repeatedly told her parents in recent months she didn't want to go on the trip, and they wouldn't accept that, I can understand her actions.

I don't have any idea if her actions are beyond her parents' comprehension because we really know nothing about the dynamics and past history in that family. As I said before it's odd to me NC's mother has been silent and dad has done all the talking including managing to tell us he is a doctor. And IF NC is entitled (I'm not sure myself), that quality doesn't appear from nowhere.
MOO

If Nadia had repeatedly told her parents that she didnt want to go to Italy and of her intentions regarding Aaron, why did they very quickly hire a private investigator?

My feeling is that they werent aware of her strong feelings or maybe refused to take them on board (no pun intended).

Waiting to see if anything found in the search of the Aung’s home provided information of Seraya’s whereabouts.

At this point I don’t care about Nadia and her problems I just want to see Seraya safely returned to her mother. I fear for her well being. How could her father believe she’s better off in hiding than in familiar surroundings? So selfish of both adults. SMH
JMO

If Nadia had repeatedly told her parents that she didnt want to go to Italy and of her intentions regarding Aaron, why did they very quickly hire a private investigator?

My feeling is that they werent aware of her strong feelings or maybe refused to take them on board (no pun intended).
I don't know what the parents knew obviously except we do know they knew she was engaged because Aaron was referred to as a fiance in statements her family made. For example, Port Angeles woman still missing from Sea-Tac airport | Sequim Gazette

Even if they did know she didn't want to go to Italy, they'd still be concerned about where she was after leaving the airport. Plus, they wanted to offer a reward and likely needed someone to manage all that. So hiring a PI doesn't surprise me.
MOO

"Seen seizing multiple bags of evidence"

Family is "mostly quiet" per neighbor being interviewed.

I am confident LE is getting what they need to bring Seraya home. It's been 3 weeks now since she left mom's.
"raid" is a strong word
so is "multiple bags of evidence"...especially

then so is 4 agencies including the FBI, and blocking off a street, rather strong

Makes me feel all the more concerned about Seraya's well being. There's a twist in this investigation I fear.

What are you thinking?
I really don't know. There just seems to be so much activity at that house, when it seems to me that the warrant could just involve a small team to check for electronics and question the parents. Was there a fear the parents would abscond, or prevent a search, cause a major scene?
Maybe it's normal in this case, I dunno.

Now the report that they've taken "multiple bags of evidence" .....seems a lot to me. Electronics, laptops, phones I'd think would be in a couple of boxes. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

It doess seem rather over the top, to have city, county, state and federal LE, all working together for a child custody case where no violence has occurred or threats of violence (that we're aware of).

It does make me wonder if there's something much darker going on here than merely a dad taking off with his kid & girlfriend.

jmo
FBI is required by federal law to become involved with children under the age of 12 kidnapped. The Lindbergh act.
Moo

I'm not defending NC's actions at the airport exactly. But IF she had repeatedly told her parents in recent months she didn't want to go on the trip, and they wouldn't accept that, I can understand her actions.

I don't have any idea if her actions are beyond her parents' comprehension because we really know nothing about the dynamics and past history in that family. As I said before it's odd to me NC's mother has been silent and dad has done all the talking including managing to tell us he is a doctor. And IF NC is entitled (I'm not sure myself), that quality doesn't appear from nowhere.
MOO

but she literally packed bags and planned a hoax, instead of just telling them she's not going???

I wonder if the Mexico story is still a thing. We've never had so much as an indication of a sighting. No eyewitness saying they saw them and no video tape. Certainly, if they went to Mexico there would something, like from a gas station, at the very least. I'm not convinced they were or the car was ever seen or known to have crossed the border. It's pretty amazing there have been no publicly reported sightings anywhere. Either LE is keeping all info non public or these two are really good at disappearing without a trace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back