Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am pretty new to websleuths, what do we think the outcome of this will be? This case has gotten quite big publicity, but I know of too many parental abductions that are never solved. Has anything like this ever happened before? A man takes his child and his girlfriend also goes on the run? Her just leaving at the airport is SO bizarre. I definitely wouldn't doubt if it was planned out, but not to full fruition. There must have been something to make AA spontaneously leave at that very moment. What might that be? The Aung family statement tells me they (AA, NC & the Aungs) think Seraya's mother is inadequate to parent Seraya, so much so they think going to Mexico and becoming fugitives is a better option than co-parenting with her. AA being a business manager (if I got that right) and NC being a WSU law graduate make me think they may see themselves with higher class than Seraya's mother. The family statement pretty much cemented that, using photos of her living space and marijuana use to justify taking Seraya. IMO I think AA is likely manipulative, a trait he appears to have inherited from his parents (again, MOO) and NC is a willing follower probably head over heels for him being a young, active father and he makes her feel so mature and adult to play step-mom. They can say goodbye to whatever faux luxurious lifestyle portrayed on her Instagram. All I hope is that Seraya is safe & unharmed, and may she come home ASAP.
I think there are a few cases where parent and child(ren) are missing for a long period of time where it's believed they are living off the grid during that time. I don't have any specific examples though, sorry. But it just doesn't seem to fit with AA as a non-camping type of person, it doesn't seem like he'd be able to live in a bush cabin forever etc. So I do think they will be found.

I think there are a few cases where parent and child(ren) are missing for a long period of time where it's believed they are living off the grid during that time. I don't have any specific examples though, sorry. But it just doesn't seem to fit with AA as a non-camping type of person, it doesn't seem like he'd be able to live in a bush cabin forever etc. So I do think they will be found.
I think they will be found too. It's been 22 days - that's a lot of money already needed for food, lodging, supplies for a 2 year old. It doesn't seem like they have access to unlimited resources, and given they are so visible, it'll be hard for them to keep afloat on the run.

I think it might be based upon a couple of issues here---1st, we had the initial report that Nadia was taken from the airport---then that was clear up by the cctv---but it still seemed odd she would 'trick' her parents in that way. Which would make LE suspicious---why the coordinated deceit factor in this situation?

Also, if it was true that Shawna filed a report with CPS about a possible abusive situation, and then the father absconds with the baby---LE HAS to take that seriously. Especially added to the weird circumstance of his girlfriend setting up her parents by leaving them baffled at the airline gate. Literally saying to Mom, 'watch my stuff, I'll be right back' --- :oops:

I cannot imagine saying that to my mom, knowing I was about to run off, leaving her shocked and worried for weeks if not months or years?

So I can understand why this is not the usual 'custodial interference case.' Usually one parent keeps the kids for longer than the court papers say----and they have whatever explanation they have to try and justify things, until eventually they have to return them.
Great insight katydid23…… and the other element that worries is the earlier reports of a bowel or dietary concern for the child? IIRC was it constipation?

Wondering that nothing further said about the health considerations for the child? And silence on that coupled with the family ‘missive’ statement IMO heightens that concern. IIRC early reports were that some doctor or clinician had said that the child could be in jeopardy if not properly cared for or even hospitalized?

Reminds me of an incident with our eldest child some years back when she was an infant. Developed rotavirus. With immediate care and treatment of a physician, and medication, we were free to take her and watch her closely and monitor liquid and dietary intake for days and she was ok. Hydration was critical.

Not sure what became of the taken child’s health concern and well-being? And why this has taken this long. Still hoping the child is found quickly and in good health and unharmed. But the longer this drags, the more worry centers around that happening. MOO

Great insight katydid23…… and the other element that worries is the earlier reports of a bowel or dietary concern for the child? IIRC was it constipation?

Wondering that nothing further said about the health considerations for the child? And silence on that coupled with the family ‘missive’ statement IMO heightens that concern. IIRC early reports were that some doctor or clinician had said that the child could be in jeopardy if not properly cared for or even hospitalized?

Reminds me of an incident with our eldest child some years back when she was an infant. Developed rotavirus. With immediate care and treatment of a physician, and medication, we were free to take her and watch her closely and monitor liquid and dietary intake for days and she was ok. Hydration was critical.

Not sure what became of the taken child’s health concern and well-being? And why this has taken this long. Still hoping the child is found quickly and in good health and unharmed. But the longer this drags, the more worry centers around that happening. MOO
I think we don't really know much about the child's condition other than the conflicting statements by both sides - paraphrasing - one saying it was "life threatening" as it could develop into sepsis, the other saying the doctors recommended hydration such as prune juice and monitoring. We don't know how this poor little girl is doing :(

I think we don't really know much about the child's condition other than the conflicting statements by both sides - paraphrasing - one saying it was "life threatening" as it could develop into sepsis, the other saying the doctors recommended hydration such as prune juice and monitoring. We don't know how this poor little girl is doing :(
I think both sides told 'their' truth about the concerning situation. I think the toddler probably was constipated at some point which is very common with toddlers. Especially when they start potty training which makes the whole thing confusing for them sometimes.

So the doctor probably did give bio mom that warning about monitoring the child because it could be very serious if constipation continues. So she was told specifically what could happen if her child didnt take the prune juice and the liquids and didnt have a BM.

At that point it was time for her to hand her child over to the Dad. So she probably tried hard to emphasise the doctor's warning--to make sure he understood how serious it could become if he ignored the situation. Especially if he was going camping. That would have made me crazy if I was the mom. :oops:

So when the police told her the child was apparently missing, I totally understand why she reiterated what the doctor had said about the seriousness of the constipation issue. It probably crossed her mind that something might have gone wrong.

Quick question. Perhaps I've missed this. Did Aaron's phone ever ping anywhere after he supposedly absconded with Seraya?

We know Nadia left hers behind but did he? Has LE located it? Was that what they were looking for in their raid of the Aung house?

Quick question. Perhaps I've missed this. Did Aaron's phone ever ping anywhere after he supposedly absconded with Seraya?

We know Nadia left hers behind but did he? Has LE located it? Was that what they were looking for in their raid of the Aung house?

I've searched a few times during all of this but haven't been able to find any MSM/LE sources with any information about Aaron's phone. It would be interesting to know where it is and if LE have been able to access it.

Information about this case has been less than scant!

I am curious if police will find anything in emails. It would be so easy for the parents to rent an Airbnb and for the three missing parties to go stay there. No one would be checking for ID like if you checked into a hotel.

With the search of the parents’ home, it sounds like there is probable cause, so hopefully that leads to an electronic trail of where the three are staying.

Nadia will get bored. Probably no money of her own. Do we believe that she is not in touch with anyone, even with burner?
I agree she will get bored…or eventually someone will need medical care…or fall out of love. This won’t go on forever however, the innocent child involved in this mess is the one I’m most concerned with at this time. And to Nadia, I’d say, if he’s doing this with his child with another woman, he would likely do the same to you.

Nadia will get bored. Probably no money of her own. Do we believe that she is not in touch with anyone, even with burner?
I think this is exactly what will happen. Nadia will get bored being in this situation. I have a feeling she hasn’t been in contact with anyone, but it’s just a matter of time.
I see this ending with her calling her family, wanting to come home.

Thinking of the Sabrina Allen case. Her mother actually managed to keep her hidden in Mexico for many years. May be a good case for reference in this case though I hope this child is found and brought home much sooner.

I've searched a few times during all of this but haven't been able to find any MSM/LE sources with any information about Aaron's phone. It would be interesting to know where it is and if LE have been able to access it.
I assume AA's parents had AA's phone, because didn't their "press release" statement include screenshots of texts between AA and Samara, which they probably got off AA's phone? It's also possible they already had copies on their own phone, so didn't have his, but I think they had it. I guess another possibility is that they were in contact w/AA after he was reported missing and before the release of that statement, and he sent them copies of the texts to include in the statement. Or who knows, he could've been right there with them when they created the statement, and just provided them the texts from his own phone in person. They hadn't searched their property yet, so the earliest days of them missing may very well have been spent with his parents.

But I've always thought that his parents had his phone, ever since I read their statement with the texts between AA and Samara.

I agree.

But he did buy camping supplies. Maybe he actually intended on using them--just not where and when he was supposed to use them.

I assume AA's parents had AA's phone, because didn't their "press release" statement include screenshots of texts between AA and Samara, which they probably got off AA's phone? It's also possible they already had copies on their own phone, so didn't have his, but I think they had it. I guess another possibility is that they were in contact w/AA after he was reported missing and before the release of that statement, and he sent them copies of the texts to include in the statement. Or who knows, he could've been right there with them when they created the statement, and just provided them the texts from his own phone in person. They hadn't searched their property yet, so the earliest days of them missing may very well have been spent with his parents.

But I've always thought that his parents had his phone, ever since I read their statement with the texts between AA and Samara.
That's a good and important point.

If he just left his phone there -- it's even more suspicious.

I guess they could have gathered the texts earlier, though, if they were planning to fight Samara having any custody.

There's a lot we don't know.

I agree.

But he did buy camping supplies. Maybe he actually intended on using them--just not where and when he was supposed to use them.
It's odd that a young man of his age living in Idaho would need to buy many camping supplies. If he were the camping type, he'd already have them, living in such a sportsman's paradise.

the screenshots could have been provided by AA prior to his taking off, to use as "proof" as to why he was obsconding with Seraya. If the parents did have his phone the FBI surely seized it in their search of the family home.

I do find it odd there has been no mention of his phone at all, whether or not it's in LE possession, whether or not it has pinged anywhere, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed
Back