Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I assume AA's parents had AA's phone, because didn't their "press release" statement include screenshots of texts between AA and Samara, which they probably got off AA's phone? It's also possible they already had copies on their own phone, so didn't have his, but I think they had it. I guess another possibility is that they were in contact w/AA after he was reported missing and before the release of that statement, and he sent them copies of the texts to include in the statement. Or who knows, he could've been right there with them when they created the statement, and just provided them the texts from his own phone in person. They hadn't searched their property yet, so the earliest days of them missing may very well have been spent with his parents.

But I've always thought that his parents had his phone, ever since I read their statement with the texts between AA and Samara.

I'd have to go back and see if those screenshots showed timestamps or dates, but my reading of it was those were old screenshots used during the 2023 custodial dispute case.

I have been following this case since day 1 and it’s so heartbreaking for the little girl. My feelings are that they have not left the United States. I think if they were in Mexico people would have reported them. I don’t think those young adults have stealth hiding skills. I just pray the girl gets home to her momma. Dad and girlfriend are so selfish, IMO

I think if they were in Mexico people would have reported them.
I am in California and have seen nothing about this case covered locally or even on the national news sites I frequent. The first place I heard about it was here on Websleuths. I am wondering how much media coverage this case is actually getting outside of the Pacific Northwest. Hopefully, more than what I have seen.

Edited to fix a spelling mistake.

I am in California and have seen nothing about this case covered locally or even on the national news sites I frequent. The first place I heard about it was here on Websleuths. I am wondering how much media coverage this case is actually getting outside of the Pacific Northwest. Hopefully, more than what I have seen.

I'm in NY and haven't seen any coverage of it either, only in WS.

Wondering now if AA & Co were girded to mount an ugly case for full custody, didn't get traction with their smear campaign and directed to mediation, agreed to shared custody on paper but began preparing to secure full custody, by their own means. Gross entitlement.

So now they're trying to sell it to the public, in a statement that backfired spectacularly. Got punctuated by a raid. I'll say that's a spectacular bikefire.

Prince Charming isn't much of a prince. Aaron was living in a home with Samara, why wasn't it THEIR responsibility to clean it and keep it clean, both of them equally? Picking up diapers? Where was his commitment to sharing the housekeeping? Villianizing Seraya's mommy only makes them all look bad.

Every day this continues raises the volume on my alarm.

JMO

I'm in Southern Cali and I haven't seen any coverage here locally either. And if someone drove the car into Mexico, they could have dropped the 3 missing peeps off somewhere in In Ventura, LA county, San Diego Co or the central corridors beforehand. But I don't think anyone knows to look for them around here.

The family could have rented a summer home or apt. months ago, and they are quietly holed up there now?

Wondering now if AA & Co were girded to mount an ugly case for full custody, didn't get traction with their smear campaign and directed to mediation, agreed to shared custody on paper but began preparing to secure full custody, by their own means. Gross entitlement.

So now they're trying to sell it to the public, in a statement that backfired spectacularly. Got punctuated by a raid. I'll say that's a spectacular bikefire.

Prince Charming isn't much of a prince. Aaron was living in a home with Samara, why wasn't it THEIR responsibility to clean it and keep it clean, both of them equally? Picking up diapers? Where was his commitment to sharing the housekeeping? Villianizing Seraya's mommy only makes them all look bad.

JMO
And not long after the breakup and custody dispute comes Nadia who gets engaged to AA who is back living with his mum and dad. Is it any wonder her parents were against the wedding? She just makes one bad decision after another this girl.

Wondering now if AA & Co were girded to mount an ugly case for full custody, didn't get traction with their smear campaign and directed to mediation, agreed to shared custody on paper but began preparing to secure full custody, by their own means.
Yes. I think you nailed it.

So true. She was asking him to bring her drugs and he said 'sure, as soon as I am off work.' So he was enmeshed in the very behaviour they are now ridiculing. So pointing it out so publicly was not a great strategy, imo.

JMO
Me too.

JMO

“Spectacular backfire” is an understatement. They are clearly getting “legal” advice from non-lawyers. They remind me of “sovereign citizens” who believe that taxes are voluntary because Ohio didn’t ratify the 16th amendment. JMO.

“Spectacular backfire” is an understatement. They are clearly getting “legal” advice from non-lawyers. They remind me of “sovereign citizens” who believe that taxes are voluntary because Ohio didn’t ratify the 16th amendment. JMO.

Symmetry.

Their fugitive son is on the lam with a non-lawyer. Match match.

Jmo

JMO
Perhaps he worked all day and supported her.

I'm in Southern Cali and I haven't seen any coverage here locally either. And if someone drove the car into Mexico, they could have dropped the 3 missing peeps off somewhere in In Ventura, LA county, San Diego Co or the central corridors beforehand. But I don't think anyone knows to look for them around here.

The family could have rented a summer home or apt. months ago, and they are quietly holed up there now?
This kind of scenario seems likely. But, how long can it last?

AA has a fairly recognizable face, but if there's little to no media coverage, he could probably slip in and out of community stores to buy food, etc. Nadia is mostly recognizable by her hair, but a bottle of dye would make her mostly unrecognizable. As long as they don't show up in public together (the three of them), they might fly under the radar.

But everything is so traceable these days. They'd have to use cash because a credit or debit card could be traced. How long could they do that? They can't work (legally) without giving an employer a SS number.

JMO

Perhaps he worked all day and supported her.

Exactly. I'm not sure the idea of equal housework would necessarily apply, especially so far as throwing away used diapers. Even if housework is divided precisely 50:50, tossing used diapers in the trash shouldn't have to wait until the other parent gets home, they need to be to disposed of when they are taken off the child. The mother has described AA is a germophobe because he washes his hands alot and uses hand sanitizer. If she's telling the truth, it's inconceivable to me he tossed used diapers on the floor of their home.

(See transcript)

There is alot we do not know about either side. I don't agree with publicizing family details in a mudslinging way. And obviously taking off with the child showed poor judgement (although AA is hardly the first parent to choose that option.) But IF one side has slung mud and acted irresponsibly, that doesn't mean the other parent has been responsible parent. Maybe she has been, maybe she hasn't. We don't know but I do see some red flags.
MOO

Exactly. I'm not sure the idea of equal housework would necessarily apply, especially so far as throwing away used diapers. Even if housework is divided precisely 50:50, tossing used diapers in the trash shouldn't have to wait until the other parent gets home, they need to be to disposed of when they are taken off the child. The mother has described AA is a germophobe because he washes his hands alot and uses hand sanitizer. If she's telling the truth, it's inconceivable to me he tossed used diapers on the floor of their home.

(See transcript)

There is alot we do not know about either side. I don't agree with publicizing family details in a mudslinging way. And obviously taking off with the child showed poor judgement (although AA is hardly the first parent to choose that option.) But IF one side has slung mud and acted irresponsibly, that doesn't mean the other parent has been responsible parent. Maybe she has been, maybe she hasn't. We don't know but I do see some red flags.
MOO
While this true, imo she has not stolen a child and kidnapped her to another country. This alone tells me quite a bit.

And if she was the messier one, he certainly could have cleaned up anyway.

Personally i find him and NC and his family all pretty dispicable humans imo.

While this true, imo she has not stolen a child and kidnapped her to another country. This alone tells me quite a bit.

And if she was the messier one, he certainly could have cleaned up anyway.

Personally i find him and NC and his family all pretty dispicable humans imo.
Yes, AA could have cleaned up used diapers left all over the house even if they were left there by SH while he was at work. (But I wouldn't just call putting multiple used diapers on the floor merely being "messy" though. It's pretty disgusting and could threaten health.) And AA is the one charged with custodial interference (NOT kidnapping, and we have no idea if they are in another country. Evidence now seems to suggest probably not.) I have repeatedly said running off with his child showed poor judgment on AA's part.

But that still doesn't mean the child was well-cared for when not in AA's care. One side being wrong does not make the other side right. And we do know, for example, that the mother said things to LE and to the press about the child's health that weren't exactly true. She wasn't released from the ER on the verge of having a fatal sepsis episode. We don't know if, as the Aungs say, she said the child's guts were about to explode. Manhunt intensifies for missing girl and fiancée: 'Misleading personality'
But it appears things AH said were untrue. Maybe she said them because she was worried about her daughter. But that's not an excuse anymore than worry would be an excuse for AA.

So I'm not ready to conclude the mom's side was providing good care yet.
MOO

The mother has described AA is a germophobe because he washes his hands alot and uses hand sanitizer. If she's telling the truth, it's inconceivable to me he tossed used diapers on the floor of their home.
snipped

Well, you could say it's inconceivable that he changed diapers at all.

That might explain why the child came back to mom with sores, as described by maternal grandma.

Maybe NC does a better job with potty chores. I'm willing to bet that's her job now.

jmo

Yes, AA could have cleaned up used diapers left all over the house even if they were left there by SH while he was at work. (But I wouldn't just call putting multiple used diapers on the floor merely being "messy" though. It's pretty disgusting and could threaten health.) And AA is the one charged with custodial interference (NOT kidnapping, and we have no idea if they are in another country. Evidence now seems to suggest probably not.) I have repeatedly said running off with his child showed poor judgment on AA's part.

But that still doesn't mean the child was well-cared for when not in AA's care. One side being wrong does not make the other side right. And we do know, for example, that the mother said things to LE and to the press about the child's health that weren't exactly true. She wasn't released from the ER on the verge of having a fatal sepsis episode. We don't know if, as the Aungs say, she said the child's guts were about to explode. Manhunt intensifies for missing girl and fiancée: 'Misleading personality'
But it appears things AH said were untrue. Maybe she said them because she was worried about her daughter. But that's not an excuse anymore than worry would be an excuse for AA.

So I'm not ready to conclude the mom's side was providing good care yet.
MOO
It’s completely irrelevant right now who was the better parent. There is no excuse for what Aaron has done. If anything he is not a good parent for doing what he has done. He is the one with an arrest warrant. The police are only concerned with getting the child back right now. They have certainty not given us any indication that Seraya was in danger in her mothers care. They would be treating her as the victim she is as her child has been taken.

It’s completely irrelevant right now who was the better parent. There is no excuse for what Aaron has done. If anything he is not a good parent for doing what he has done. He is the one with an arrest warrant. The police are only concerned with getting the child back right now. They have certainty not given us any indication that Seraya was in danger in her mothers care. They would be treating her as the victim she is as her child has been taken.
There seems to be an awful lot of discussion here about who is the better parent. My initial post was responding to one of those discussions. Some may find those discussions irrelevant and that's fine. I find some other much- discussed points in the case irrelevant too.

We have no proof that what either side has said---the Aung parents or the maternal grandmother-- is factually true. For example, we have no proof the child had "sores" after being at the Aungs. The grandmother said that and it may be true. But saying it doesn't make it true simply because it was said by the mother's side.

You are correct LE has not spoken about SH's parenting skills. Why would they? So far as I can see they haven't discussed AA's skills as a parent either. That's hardly the job of LE.

My main point was AA doing something "wrong" (& he definitely has) doesn't make whatever SH has done "right." We just don't know based on facts vs press statements/interviews containing unsubstantiated claims.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back