TX- Jocelyn Nungaray,12 strangled, left under bridge. Houston June 17, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ugh. this makes me so sad. Many times, I snuck out of my house at that same age and went to the local gas station for snacks. Why? Just for the thrill. Nothing nefarious, not meeting up with anyone. And all those times, it never occurred to me that I might get abducted. Ugh.

But are we sure these 2 are the perps?

Would they be so blatant?
So oblivious of cctv linking them to this crime?

Was the girl meeting someone that night?

RIP to the victim :(
Condolences to family.
So far it seems LE just want to speak with them. Lets hope someone recognizes them soon or they just come forward.

Dbm

Last edited:
Ohhh, this breaks my heart. Sounds like her Mom has been able to see the entire surveillance video…sweet child’s intuition was telling her she was in trouble. Worst part is that all she appears to have gone to the store for was a soda.

Alexis Nungary doesn't believe she knew the men caught on surveillance camera.

"She's not one to be aggressive and be like, 'Stop talking to me,'" she said. "She is very shy and quiet and keeps to herself. I felt like she maybe didn't want to be rude, and that's why she was pacing back and forth and safely get away from the situation. She unfortunately got caught with the wrong people at the wrong time."

I hope I included the link correctly! If not, I’ll read up on it and redo it. ;-)

Ohhh, this breaks my heart. Sounds like her Mom has been able to see the entire surveillance video…sweet child’s intuition was telling her she was in trouble. Worst part is that all she appears to have gone to the store for was a soda.

"She's not one to be aggressive and be like, 'Stop talking to me,'" she said. "She is very shy and quiet and keeps to herself. I felt like she maybe didn't want to be rude, and that's why she was pacing back and forth and safely get away from the situation. She unfortunately got caught with the wrong people at the wrong time."

I hope I included the link correctly! If not, I’ll read up on it and redo it. ;-)
You absolutely did it correctly!

Thanks for sharing the link.
It's just heart-breaking. Just look at Jocelyn's body posture in some of the photos. She was just a kid. Just drinking her pop. :'(

You absolutely did it correctly!

Thanks for sharing the link.
It's just heart-breaking. Just look at Jocelyn's body posture in some of the photos. She was just a kid. Just drinking her pop. :'(
Thanks for the warm fuzzy, Snoopster!
Yes, I saw that cautious stance you’re referring to - I could feel her fear.
As a mental health counselor, I’d love to work with young girls on learning to not only feel, but TRUST their intuition and then practice being brave and loud in asking for help. There’s a book aptly titled “The Gift of Fear.”

"
Jocelyn was reportedly talking to her 13-year-old boyfriend on the phone around midnight when he heard her talking with two adults.

Alexis Nungary added that she tracked her daughter's phone to a nearby skatepark when she realized she was missing."

She looks to be on the phone after she came out of the store with her soda. This just reminds me of how many women/girls will get on the phone with their boyfriends/husbands in awkward situations with other men to try to avoid conversation or to just not feel alone. The photo where she looks like she is balancing on the curb, she looks like she might be behind the 7 Eleven. There is a camera up there you can see it in the street view cameras, the skate park is across the street, and she was found not far from there. I fear for what this girl experienced in the end. Did she try to run from them? What made her get off the phone with her boyfriend? It was the opposite direction of her apartments, so why did she head that way? all MOO I hope the public keeps this going. Those guys need to be found.

This is so heartbreaking. If only if only she had approached the clerk, evidently she was a regular in that 7-11.
RIP sweet Jocelyn.
May they find those two monsters asap, thankfully they have decent video surveillance of the two.

if only the clerk had noticed she needed help

Longest interview I have seen w/Jocelyn’s mother on Fox 26 Houston.

I replied to your post with a "love" emoji. Unfortunately there wasn't a hug emoji.

Jocelyn's mother is very well-spoken and smart. She absolutely understood who her daughter was and what her daughter's hopes were. I'm so, so sorry for her loss.

I wonder if she called her boyfriend because she was afraid or uncomfortable, but didn't want to call a parent because she was not supposed to be out of the house? MOO.

As a seventh grade girl, my friends and i would frequently sneak out to walk a block to the grocery store and get some candy or soda. this is so tragic.

Ugh. this makes me so sad. Many times, I snuck out of my house at that same age and went to the local gas station for snacks. Why? Just for the thrill. Nothing nefarious, not meeting up with anyone. And all those times, it never occurred to me that I might get abducted. Ugh.
This is not a good area of Houston, it is actually Greenspoint area aka as Gunspoint. I worked in the area for 8+ years, I always left work during daylight hours. I cannot imagine a 12 yr old child walking around there after dark.

I wonder if the way they dress is common for that area.
From what I have seen in similar areas in Dallas and Houston, I would advance an opinion that the dress is common for the area.

I have seen the general clothing / look being worn by urban youth, youth in working class suburbs and extending to the broadly defined middle class areas.

Likewise, I have noticed that the dress / look will decline in upper middle class areas and especially in wealthy areas. I think the dress / look will slowly decline as one moves towards more rural areas- but still remain visible.

More specifically (again, my opinion), new baseball caps with the bills not folded, creased or bent such as the two men are wearing is the current fashion. This is in contrast to past years when worn base ball caps were the rage and one could even buy artificially aged ones to achieve "the look".

Likewise, neatly trimmed goatees or light beards such as the one worn by the taller individual also appear to be common in both DFW and Houston metroplexes. In the end, the appearance of the men seems to match current youth / young adult fashion trends in large parts of urban Texas.

KTRK spoke to Nungaray's grandmother, who said, "We really want justice for her. We are asking for everyone's help."

She describes her as an incredibly kind and loving girl. The family recently came back from their annual vacation at a state park.

Nungaray was reportedly talking to her 13-year-old boyfriend on the phone around midnight when he heard her talking with two adults.

Tuesday evening, Houston police released pictures of two male persons of interest in the case.

"There will be a report issued shortly with very bad, horrific circumstances," Houston Mayor John Whitmire said on Tuesday.

1718889416946.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back