WA - Uber driver beaten after father catches him raping daughter - June 19, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score

Ahmed Ali, 58, appeared badly bruised and bandaged in court Monday where he faced one charge of rape in the second degree and kidnapping in the first degree with sexual motivation aggravating circumstance.

1718810750159.png

Bless that father and her friends, but the author really frustrated me.
Calling the beating senseless? Author made several moral judgments toward the victim and family, but somehow managed not to condemn the man caught sexually assaulting a young intoxicated woman???

Calling the beating senseless? Author made several moral judgments toward the victim and family, but somehow managed not to condemn the man caught sexually assaulting a young intoxicated woman???
To be fair, it reads:

"Ali quickly tried to pull up his pants and scrambled into the front of the car to make his getaway, but the father, along with other relatives, began to “beat” him senselessly."

And good for dad. He deserves a commendation.

jmo

Scary. What if he had just dumped her in the lake and drove off? Amazing app that traced her location for her family.

I wonder how many other women or men this perp has assaulted. Or if there are any missing young women in the area. I am not crazy about "Uber". This assault, and so many others should finally make it possible to request a specific driver.

poorly worded. "Beat Him Senseless" was what the author was going for I am betting. JMO

poorly worded. "Beat Him Senseless" was what the author was going for I am betting. JMO
I agree - normally I'd lend poor wording more grace, but it's very interesting that he repeatedly worded things poorly. The Senseless comment was one example, but it wasn't the only line that sticks out to me. "Gun-toting" to describe the father, e.g. Technically it's true, but it also is irreverent. He also refers to the family as a "pack." Again, not a falsehood - but why *that* word?? Why not group? Why not simply say multiple family members?

An understandable mistake for an amateur journalist. From the NYPost, I'd expect better.

Journalists choose their words carefully. Almost no article is 100% unbiased. In his defense, upon a reread, he does use biased language speaking of the assailant as well- it must not have stood out to me at first. It may simply be writing style, but it comes across *to me at least* as someone saying there are 2 parties in the wrong here. And again, some of the lines come across as irreverent which I just find inappropriate in this specific circumstance. but that's jmo, and the article very well could have read differently to others.

I agree - normally I'd lend poor wording more grace, but it's very interesting that he repeatedly worded things poorly. The Senseless comment was one example, but it wasn't the only line that sticks out to me. "Gun-toting" to describe the father, e.g. Technically it's true, but it also is irreverent. He also refers to the family as a "pack." Again, not a falsehood - but why *that* word?? Why not group? Why not simply say multiple family members?

An understandable mistake for an amateur journalist. From the NYPost, I'd expect better.

Journalists choose their words carefully. Almost no article is 100% unbiased. In his defense, upon a reread, he does use biased language speaking of the assailant as well- it must not have stood out to me at first. It may simply be writing style, but it comes across *to me at least* as someone saying there are 2 parties in the wrong here. And again, some of the lines come across as irreverent which I just find inappropriate in this specific circumstance. but that's jmo, and the article very well could have read differently to others.
Given that it's the NY Post, one step above a tabloid, I would not be surprised if the article was written by AI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9
Back