MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecution doesn't believe it was the SUV that caused the head wounds.

Their reconstructionist testified that the only part of his body that hit the SUV was his arm.
O’Keefe body after being hit launched his body close to 25 MPH - that force is transferred - when he hit the ground. At impact, he hit it going close to 25 MPH -

O’Keefe body after being hit launched his body close to 25 MPH - that force is transferred - when he hit the ground. At impact, he hit it going close to 25 MPH -
Okay, but you said John's head injury came from the SUV. I was just pointing out that the prosecution doesn't agree with that.

Could the injuries have come from hitting the ground after being hit by a car? Sure. They could have also come from being punched and hitting the ground. Or falling and hitting some metal object (like a piece of gym equipment or the fire hydrant). The ME's testimony hasn't ruled anything out.

Truth be told - this hit & run has FAR MORE EVIDENCE to support a conviction than any case I have ever seen. EVER
Now I know you're being facetious. Plenty of hit-and-runs have eyewitnesses to the actual event. Or video cameras capturing the moment of the hit including a clear shot of the license plate and the driver.

This is why is so important to have a responsible designated driver or plans to take Uber, Lyft or a taxi.
No one should drink & drive or get in a car with someone that has.

I think that’s why this case bothers me so much. It never should have happened and everyone involved knew better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi