Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #194

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh that reminds me that when we were kids, we used to paint symbols that meant nothing with mud on trees, sometimes even carve them to look a certain way. God forbid if kids had gotten to that area a few weeks before the murders and carved the lines and squiggles we used to on the trees around there.

I believe, IMO MOO etc, that after Professor Turko's takedown of the DT's interpretation if his deposition, the Odinistic Sacrifice theory was already dead in the water. I hope we can move forwards without the funfair and have the trial over and done with in the least painful, for the families, way.
Catching up... jumped in wherever I landed on arrival so this may have been covered... did JG finally rule on SODDI of Odins? Or... still no word? ty

I believe TMS petitioned Judge Gull for the sealed filing to become unsealed in the FOIA. I also seem to recall that they were given a copy of RL's warrant by RL himself (wasn't their watermark on it?).

JMO
Just a note... anyone can add a watermark to whatever they want to. Doesn't mean really anything... you can also remove them a lot of the time with ease as well if you wanted to, or wanted to put your own instead...

No ruling on SODDI but I expect we may see that ruling tomorrow now that she's ruled on the confessions and has received the state's response to DT's motion on it (SODDI).

Thankfully, the State's response was brief and to the point.

No ruling on SODDI but I expect we may see that ruling tomorrow now that she's ruled on the confessions and has received the state's response to DT's motion on it (SODDI).

Thankfully, the State's response was brief and to the point.
Is tomorrow her deadline on that (does she have 3 days from the conclusion of the pre-trials or...?)

Judge Gull denied the what is it 5th, 10th or 20th Franks Hearing??? They all have run together in my mind.

No evidence found in the SW will be tossed. I'd say RA is finally facing a new reality. CC might want to keep a watchful eye on him until trial, or maybe RA has resigned himself to a life in prison (I'd be afraid), but anything is possible in this circus show created by the Defense Duo and the Due Process Gang.

Let's not forget a shoutout to MW, who really got the ball rolling by getting the gruesome CS photos and distributing them to others and Internet cranks for all the world to see. Lots of blame to go around on that unprofessional conduct by Baldwin.

I believe good will prevail over evil for Abby and Libby, Justice delayed has been Justice denied.

As for Rozzi and Baldwin's part of tawdry, underhanded, and totally unprofessional conduct and disrespect of the Court and the Judicial Process in general, I think it's been shown for all to see and seems like a good thing. Let them go back to defending drunk drivers, theives and drug dealers. Stay in your lane guys.

MOO

Is tomorrow her deadline on that (does she have 3 days from the conclusion of the pre-trials or...?)
IANAL but I don't believe the judge has a deadline to rule on anything.

However, the state had a deadline in which to respond with their arguments, and they have done so. The DT made their arguments as well, with their Motion.

I assume (I know the saying about that lol) that Judge Gull has had ample opportunity to wade through the DT's motion and the case law cited there. The state's response was very short and cites one of the same cases that DT did and one addition piece of case law in theirs. So I don't think it should take her long to rule.

particularly since we are approaching trial. both sides will need time to adjust course or not, depending on her ruling.

All my opinion

Just a possibility of one way it could have went down. Richard Allen could have quietly turned and walked slowly behind BB. He could have been hesitant, not knowing what was further ahead, then saw or heard Abby and Libby. He could have been idle, paused and looked at a tree or anything to slow him down.

Once Libby and Abby passed him, he could have turned around to follow them. Slowly at first. This could be the reason the girls were aware of RA, the fact he passed them in one direction, and was now behind them.

That scenario would have given me chills and my intuition would have set off alarms. Thus Libby taking a picture of him and the girls talking about being aware of him.

Thinking about this makes me sick, and angry. Evil. Wonder if he enjoys that his actions continue to destroy others lives. He has a fan club now, he is still getting all this attention. He is still "getting even" with the world. Let's prove these allegations BARD. Then Richard Allen can have a real title. Convicted Child Killer.
Convicted child killers don't fare very well in prison. He'll still be segregated from gen pop due to the high public nature of this case.

JMO

RA's confessions to DR W, the warden, guards, inmates, medical personal, ISP and his family members were all voluntarily given, not coerced by any State agents, not due to his pre-trial incarceration nor his depression or anxiety conditions. So says the Judge...all admissable

08/29/2024Order Issued
The Court, having had this matter under advisement following a hearing conducted on July 31, 2024, on the Defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements (filed April 11, 2024), the State's Objection to Defendant's Motion to Suppress Filed April 11, 2024 (filed April 23, 2024), the State's Motion to Dismiss the Motion to Suppress Filed April 11, 2024 (filed May 17, 2024), and the State's Motion for Admissibility (filed May 6, 2024), and having considered the witnesses' testimony, the exhibits admitted into evidence, the arguments of counsel, and the applicable statutes and case law, now grants the State's Request for Pre-Trial Ruling on Admissibility pursuant to I.C. 25-33-1-17. The statements given by defendant to Dr. Monica H. Wala, Psy.D., are not privileged based upon the exception noted in the Statute, "(1) Trials for homicide when the disclosure relates directly to the fact or immediate circumstances of said homicide." All statements given by defendant to Dr. Wala are admissible in the trial. Defendant's arguments to the contrary go to the weight the jury would give such statements, not their admissibility. Having taken the State's Motion to Dismiss the Motion to Suppress Filed April 11, 2024 under advisement at the hearing, the Court agrees with the State that the defendant has failed to comply with the Criminal Rules of Procedure by neglecting to clearly state which specific statements he is seeking to suppress, nor the legal basis for the suppression. Despite these deficiencies, the Court has been able to determine that the statements given to the defendant's family members were voluntary, not coerced by any State action, and were not made under threats of violence, or improper influence. Although the Defendant is clearly in custody, he initiated the communication with his family and was not subject to custodial interrogation when he spoke to this family. Further, the statements given by defendant to the correctional officers, inmate companions, the Warden, mental health personnel, medical personnel, and the Indiana State Police were unsolicited by any of those individuals and were voluntarily given without coercion or interrogation. The defendant has not shown that he suffered from psychological coercion by the State which caused him to make these statements. To the contrary, the evidence shows he specifically sought out the Warden by written communication he initiated, and verbal statements he offered to guards, inmate companions, mental health professionals, and medical personnel. The defendant has failed to show any of these statements were the result of coercive interrogation by the State, or that they were the result of his pre-trial detention. The totality of the circumstances of defendant's pre-trial detention were not intended to force confessions from the defendant. The defendant's pre-trial detention is to protect him from harm. The Court is not persuaded that the detention caused the defendant to make incriminating statements. While the defendant does suffer from major depressive disorder and anxiety, those are not serious mental illnesses that prevent the defendant from making voluntary statements. The Court finds the statements given by the defendant to Dr. Wala, the Warden, inmates, guards, medical personnel, mental health professionals, and law enforcement personnel were not coerced, were voluntary, were not the result of interrogation by the State or its actors, nor the product of his confinement and, therefore, denies the defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements filed April 11, 2024.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed:
McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed:
Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed:
Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed:
Luttrull, James David JR
Noticed:
Diener, Stacey Lynn
Noticed:
Auger, Jennifer Jones
Order Signed:

Last edited:
RA's confessions to DR W, the warden, guards, inmates, medical personal and his family members were all voluntarily given, not coerced by any State agents, not due to his pre-trial incarceration nor his depression or anxiety conditions. So says the Judge...all admissable

08/29/2024Order Issued
The Court, having had this matter under advisement following a hearing conducted on July 31, 2024, on the Defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements (filed April 11, 2024), the State's Objection to Defendant's Motion to Suppress Filed April 11, 2024 (filed April 23, 2024), the State's Motion to Dismiss the Motion to Suppress Filed April 11, 2024 (filed May 17, 2024), and the State's Motion for Admissibility (filed May 6, 2024), and having considered the witnesses' testimony, the exhibits admitted into evidence, the arguments of counsel, and the applicable statutes and case law, now grants the State's Request for Pre-Trial Ruling on Admissibility pursuant to I.C. 25-33-1-17. The statements given by defendant to Dr. Monica H. Wala, Psy.D., are not privileged based upon the exception noted in the Statute, "(1) Trials for homicide when the disclosure relates directly to the fact or immediate circumstances of said homicide." All statements given by defendant to Dr. Wala are admissible in the trial. Defendant's arguments to the contrary go to the weight the jury would give such statements, not their admissibility. Having taken the State's Motion to Dismiss the Motion to Suppress Filed April 11, 2024 under advisement at the hearing, the Court agrees with the State that the defendant has failed to comply with the Criminal Rules of Procedure by neglecting to clearly state which specific statements he is seeking to suppress, nor the legal basis for the suppression. Despite these deficiencies, the Court has been able to determine that the statements given to the defendant's family members were voluntary, not coerced by any State action, and were not made under threats of violence, or improper influence. Although the Defendant is clearly in custody, he initiated the communication with his family and was not subject to custodial interrogation when he spoke to this family. Further, the statements given by defendant to the correctional officers, inmate companions, the Warden, mental health personnel, medical personnel, and the Indiana State Police were unsolicited by any of those individuals and were voluntarily given without coercion or interrogation. The defendant has not shown that he suffered from psychological coercion by the State which caused him to make these statements. To the contrary, the evidence shows he specifically sought out the Warden by written communication he initiated, and verbal statements he offered to guards, inmate companions, mental health professionals, and medical personnel. The defendant has failed to show any of these statements were the result of coercive interrogation by the State, or that they were the result of his pre-trial detention. The totality of the circumstances of defendant's pre-trial detention were not intended to force confessions from the defendant. The defendant's pre-trial detention is to protect him from harm. The Court is not persuaded that the detention caused the defendant to make incriminating statements. While the defendant does suffer from major depressive disorder and anxiety, those are not serious mental illnesses that prevent the defendant from making voluntary statements. The Court finds the statements given by the defendant to Dr. Wala, the Warden, inmates, guards, medical personnel, mental health professionals, and law enforcement personnel were not coerced, were voluntary, were not the result of interrogation by the State or its actors, nor the product of his confinement and, therefore, denies the defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements filed April 11, 2024.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed:
McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed:
Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed:
Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed:
Luttrull, James David JR
Noticed:
Diener, Stacey Lynn
Noticed:
Auger, Jennifer Jones
Order Signed:
And there it is. So where do we go from here?

And there it is. So where do we go from here?

Where do we go from here? Well one less thing to talk about I suppose, hopefully the topic of RA’s multiple confessions being caused by his proclaimed mistreatment in prison can finally be put to rest. The judge has ruled it was not.

The totality of the circumstances of defendant's pre-trial detention were not intended to force confessions from the defendant. The defendant's pre-trial detention is to protect him from harm. The Court is not persuaded that the detention caused the defendant to make incriminating statements.

Let's roll. That posted order above names 7 separate entities that RA confessed to, willingly, unaffected by conditions, mental health, or otherwise. Can't wait to hear 'em all.
The letter RA sent to the Warden requesting to confess to him face to face, and the Warden's response of reporting it and turning down the meeting, is IMO going to be a rather large pebble on the BARD / muting the whispers of conspiracy pile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75
Back