MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know you're being facetious. Plenty of hit-and-runs have eyewitnesses to the actual event. Or video cameras capturing the moment of the hit including a clear shot of the license plate and the driver.
I’m talking about those that don’t.

This is why is so important to have a responsible designated driver or plans to take Uber, Lyft or a taxi.
No one should drink & drive or get in a car with someone that has.

I think that’s why this case bothers me so much. It never should have happened and everyone involved knew better.
Hey, I agree with you!

The irony is I came into this case with an open mind and it’s been the CW solely that has put me firmly in one camp.
I came in late thinking she was guilty. I'm in the Ng camp now. And it's not like the Murdaugh trial where I thought he was guilty, but it wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt. I honestly don't think she did it.

I’m talking about those that don’t.

Actually, what you said was: "Truth be told - this hit & run has FAR MORE EVIDENCE to support a conviction than any case I have ever seen. EVER"

You didn't qualify it.

But bizarrely enough here's a hit-and-run that was not caught on camera, but it was still an open-and-shut case because the car left behind their license plate. That's another one I would say had more evidence.

Apparently, it happens a lot.

@JHall7news

Scordi Bello on impact of hypothermia: "I do believe the injuries - blunt impact injuries were sustained first - they were not immediately lethal this is not something that can cause death."

Scordi-Bello: O'Keefe was most likely not likely to get inside to get warm due to the head injury that happened first.

@KristinaRex

O'Keefe's blunt force injuries were “not immediately lethal," doctor says. "Therefore he may have been incapacitated by the injuries or knocked out if you will and was not able to get himself into a warmer environment and therefore hypothermia set in.”

4:03 PM · Jun 20, 2024

@BienickWCVB

Scordi-Bello says O'Keefe died over "many minutes or hours." Says she reviewed pictures of the scene and saw no footprints, drag marks and anything else that he had been moved.

"I didn't see any signs of a major altercation," she says. She notes no bruising on the hands other than a mark where a first-responder tried to start an IV. Two ribs were broken, probably during CPR chest compressions, she says.

@JHall7news

Scordi-Bello testifies she did not see any signs of a "significant altercation." No bruising to knuckles - no breaks to bones in his hands, etc.

Before the Judge decided to end this session, before the jury views autopsy photos. She says that makes sense. There will be a full day tomorrow.

4:16 PM · Jun 20, 2024

I think it's pretty cool that the prosecution takes a literal month to present their case and now The Judge says the case will be with the jury by the end of next week. Prosecution hasn't even rested yet. Lally gets 30 days and the defense gets 5, seems kind of wonky. The defense probably only needs a few day since the CW has helped make their case. JMO

Yes. Someone could easily have punched him and he could have fallen and hit his head on concrete. Someone could have kicked him in the head when he was down.
When it comes to the force of a punch, Mike Tyson could hit his opponents with an impact equivalent of 450kg (the weight of a grand piano).

Now, there were no Mike Tyson’s there at 34 Fairview that night. But you know who was there? Brian Albert. The same Brian Albert from a little TV series “Boston’s Finest.” And in this little TV series, he is featured in a segment which shows him sparring in a boxing ring (season 1, episode 3), highlighting his fighting prowess.

Sure, BA may have aged a little since his Hollywood days. But that doesn’t mean he couldn’t still throw a punch with some significant force behind it.

Live updates:

• 4:16 p.m. Jury dismissed for the day.
  • 3:49 p.m. Scordi-Bello is describing her findings and explaining diagrams.
  • 2:32 p.m. After a warning to the jury about graphic images and how to consider them, a new witness takes the stand, Dr. Irini Scordi-Bello, medical examiner. The judge warns the jurors they are about to view autopsy photos that are "unpleasant, sad and graphic."
  • 2:27 p.m. Stonebridge says the trauma was "something that required some type of force". Can't say what type of force or how much. Says could be consistent with a fall or being struck by a vehicle. Lally concludes questioning. No cross-examination.
  • 2:25 p.m. Stonebridge says O'Keefe suffered "acute traumatic injuries." Says "due to some type of trauma" without being more specific.
  • 2:19 p.m. Stonebridge says she also found contusions in the brain, ruptured blood vessels. Says that usually indicates the brain has been pushed against something.
  • 2:13 p.m. Stonebridge describes seeing a subarachnoid hemorrhage in O'Keefe's brain with no evidence of a ruptured aneurism.
  • 2:01 p.m. new witness is Renee Stonebridge, from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner

When it comes to the force of a punch, Mike Tyson could hit his opponents with an impact equivalent of 450kg (the weight of a grand piano).

Now, there were no Mike Tyson’s there at 34 Fairview that night. But you know who was there? Brian Albert. The same Brian Albert from a little TV series “Boston’s Finest.” And in this little TV series, he is featured in a segment which shows him sparring in a boxing ring (season 1, episode 3), highlighting his fighting prowess.

Sure, BA may have aged a little since his Hollywood days. But that doesn’t mean he couldn’t still throw a punch with some significant force behind it.
There are a lot of "one punch" death's too! Especially in the UK, the damage just one punch can do is enormous. Never mind if it's multiple/falling down onto something too. JMO.

Right, he def would have the force and JO'K would of probably have been already been taken by surprise by then, no way to avoid. Whatever an MMA fighter is, that is also what Albert is described as.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle