Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Jays family don’t deny he was involved in some incident. It was in the news. He was sentenced for his involvement but family say he wasn’t involved much and it was a wrong time / wrong place, hanging around with the wrong people.

I don’t think Jays family don’t deny he was involved in some incident. It was in the news. He was sentenced for his involvement but family say he wasn’t involved much and it was a wrong time / wrong place, hanging around with the wrong people.
They got community service for exposing someone’s skull? Justice well served, not.

Tom Hilton, who was 17 at the time, suffered a head injury so serious his skull was exposed, and wounds to his shoulders and legs in the attack

From one of the reviews of the hiking trail:

1.5L of water per person minimum! Food for when you get to the beach. A hat: you will be exposed to the sun on the hike back, making it a little more challenging. Have a fully charged phone with the hike map downloaded. Finding the trail is pretty difficult. Make sure you have the All Trails map up and keep your blue location dot on the green line at all times to avoid a wrong turn (which we did, lost 1h), it’ll be much easier to find. Look out for the small piles of rocks, made by previous hikers to find the right path. The beach is very wild and beautiful with big waves crashing onto the rocks.

Bbm

If desperately thirsty he would have headed towards any water he could see/hear/smell? I see what appears to be a lake in some of the pictures. What bodies of water were around him?

(also we’ve seen that many missing cases of inebriated young men wandering away from parties alone end up accidentally drowned in nearby bodies of water)

Last edited:
From one of the reviews of the hiking trail:

1.5L of water per person minimum! Food for when you get to the beach. A hat: you will be exposed to the sun on the hike back, making it a little more challenging. Have a fully charged phone with the hike map downloaded. Finding the trail is pretty difficult. Make sure you have the All Trails map up and keep your blue location dot on the green line at all times to avoid a wrong turn (which we did, lost 1h), it’ll be much easier to find. Look out for the small piles of rocks, made by previous hikers to find the right path. The beach is very wild and beautiful with big waves crashing onto the rocks.

Bbm

If desperately thirsty he would have headed towards any water he could see/hear/smell?
I would not recommend drinking water you can smell :)

Five days on and police in Tenerife still have no idea what has happened to British teenager Jay Slater who vanished on Monday morning after a night out.

Police using a helicopter, sniffer dogs and a drone, as well as mountain rescue units have been scouring countryside close to an Airbnb he went to with two British men.

The isolated farmhouse was an hour's drive from the popular hotspot of Playa des Los Americas in southern Tenerife, in the village of Masca, 19 miles away.

Here MailOnline has pieced together the last few hours before he disappeared and asked five key questions that have left police and his family stumped.

BBC Breakfast (TV) this morning had an on-location reporter saying that SAR were searching a ravine near JS' last known location for much of yesterday, but that after an hour of daylight there was no sign of any search activity in that location today so far. They speculated that SAR may have moved to another search area, or just hadn't started at that point.

ETA link to yesterday's BBC on location report of the search, there isn't one from today as yet on their website.

Last edited:
OMG

Well, that sure makes Jay something other than just some hapless teen. What a sickening article and that judge - calling them "children" - outrageous. They should have all gone to adult prison.

OMG

Well, that sure makes Jay something other than just some hapless teen. What a sickening article and that judge - calling them "children" - outrageous. They should have all gone to adult prison.
No, it does not. another poster clarified he had only a minor role if you read upthread.

He remains missing and vulnerable.

Generally if people go back with unknown others it’s usually to continue the party, because they have been offered something desirable in that moment (drugs, alcohol) or sex. For the two older guys to have left the island suggests that whatever the reason they weren’t under suspicion at that point?

Does anyone think that it is possible that something happened to him in the airbnb, either when he was awake or sleeping?
I think the biggest clue is the phone call with L. It can take a lot for a young man that age to admit that he'd scared and in a vulnerable situation. But he trusted her enough to admit those things. And from that call we have the only information there is about the entire situation. It tells us he was alive at that point and gives an approximate location and describes that he was already in a precarious situation by 9 am on Monday.

Having trouble loading the past pages so apologies if I repeat things!

Having seen a timeline on television news where he was partying until 5am at a club before he left with the two men I think it sounds like he was going with them for more drugs. He then was known to leave their flat at only 7.30 (after a long drive there) and spoke to a witness asking about a bus. After she drove somewhere and was coming back she said she saw him walking the wrong way.

All evidence points to him still being inebriated/intoxicated/high, up all night, confused, and then walked into tough mountainous terrain, and most likely he met with misadventure/exposure/dehydration/accident. It only seems like a mystery because he’s not been found but sadly that can often be the case in this kind of tough terrain. (Some are never found or not discovered for months or years.)

Having trouble loading the past pages so apologies if I repeat things!

Having seen a timeline on television news where he was partying until 5am at a club before he left with the two men I think it sounds like he was going with them for more drugs. He then was known to leave their flat at only 7.30 (after a long drive there) and spoke to a witness asking about a bus. After she drove somewhere and was coming back she said she saw him walking the wrong way.

All evidence points to him still being inebriated/intoxicated/high, up all night, confused, and then walked into tough mountainous terrain, and most likely he met with misadventure/exposure/dehydration/accident. It only seems like a mystery because he’s not been found but sadly that can often be the case in this kind of tough terrain. (Some are never found or not discovered for months or years.)

Yep my thoughts too, the timings of leaving the club to leaving the airbnb - he cant of been there long at all. Either the departure timings are wrong or he was only there for 30 mins or so. We drove that similar route and from the party location its easy 30 mins in the car - 40 mins depending on traffic.

Why would he go there and leave so soon, it makes no sense.

You are right also, he will most certainly be suffering coming down from his drugs / drink which will make the situation alot worse.

He was still involved in an attack that saw someone have their head split open, that says a lot JMO.
I feel sorry for his victim and his mother.
What does it say in relation to his victim friendly status or how does it connect with his missing status?

He has to be found.
Nobody is perfect but if they're lost they're entitled to a decent search using all possible resources.

What does it say in relation to his victim friendly status or how does it connect with his missing status?

He has to be found.
Nobody is perfect but if they're lost they're entitled to a decent search using all possible resources.
Before you replied I just edited to add that I do hope he's found. But the crime he committed shouldn't be brushed off as something minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02